Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The first part of the Heritor programme was fairly watchable with that Mike fella, then Peter took over and instantly ruined the presentation. Does he get payed by the word????
I only watch the watch bits for amusement and to shout at the telly:LOL:

The first part of the Heritor programme was fairly watchable with that Mike fella, then Peter took over and instantly ruined the presentation. Does he get payed by the word????
I only watch the watch bits for amusement and to shout at the telly:LOL:

Strangely enough, i'm the opposite, Peter I find funny as in he's an imbecile, it's car crash tv when he's on, everybody should be seeing through his crap, but unfortunately a lot must not. Mike on the other hand, is some one that really makes me feel like wreaking havoc on my TV set :eek: :ROFLMAO:, he's not an imbecile, but a devious arrogant conman.

Was just thinking :oops:, I know bad idea :ROFLMAO:, but anyway, with all the advice about unnecessary traveling and working from home if you can, why are there still so many guest <cough> experts in the IW studio. Surely most of them could do the job from home via video link; IW could supply them all with some of the super high tech connected devices they’ve been flogging lately as a way for them to connect with the studio instead of being there, being connected has been a big selling point with all their devices recently.

Simon Iles could show us cleaning his own carpets for a change or spring cleaning his house with Shedazzle and blue magic. The guy with the waterless wax and spray and Leave could do his own car and garden.

And what about the watch shows, the so called experts just sit at a desk off to the side and do absolutely sod all physically, so the job could easily be done through a video link, in fact could just do the shows without them all together, most of them spout lies and misinformation anyway so it’s not like we’d be losing any relevant factual input from them if they were gone all together.

So they question is: do they really need the guests to be there or could they work from home or just not work at all, as per the Government advice?

Oh and it’s Swan and Edger coming up, that's definitely one <cough> Horology expert <cough> that should stay at home.

Channel hopped on last night and Peter was doing part of his routine about 'Bet' and pulling his stupid (circa 1970's comedy) gurning faces. Combined with him and Simon doing an equally pathetic 1970's comedy-esque routine about putting hoses in holes (demo'ing a carpet cleaner) just me think 'what a pair of twats.'

Caught some of Peter on an e-bike show the other day. The guest expert was pointing out the charging point at the bottom of the frame. Peter ...

'Ah mean, ain't it just AMAZIN'!!!' (followed by his imbecilic laughing and yelping)

No Peter, it's a charging point installed at the bottom of a bicycle frame. If you think that's amazing, I dread to think how you'll react if IW ever sell phone charging mats :)

Speaking of carpet cleaner, they are cleaning a clean, new carpet/rug (couple of weeks old they say) to show how even a new carpet/rug can be dirty, which is strange cause they cleaned that very same carpet/rug in an earlier show. So either the Rug Doctor doesn't clean as well as they claim, cause it picked up a load of dirt (which I doubt as it is a good cleaner), or they've been adding dirt to the carpet between shows, so the carpet they claim is a clean new carpet/rug won't actually be clean.

You have laugh when they get all mixed up with when they are selling products, ROKiT Williams waterless wax at the moment, showing a video of cleaning car from before social distancing, Alan guy, speaking about using the microfiber cloths, "Can I just tell you that on the package from the Renault team, it actually says microfiber cloths". :ROFLMAO: Pretty sure Williams will be pleased at using a competitors name while flogging their products.
But it's an easy mistake to make, especially when you are the expert guest for both products and repeat the same stories for both products. Question is which one of the two products does he actually use himself, or maybe he uses a power washer, he seemed quite impressed with the one he was using to clean a car earlier.

Now Peter chips in with " there is nothing else like it on the market", really, have you forgotten already you sell Renault waterless wax, and according to you guys and Alan it's the bees knees cause it contained the addition Hydrolex Ceramic, while Williams you had to buy separately and at an extra cost.

I also notice, since Lloyd left they don't give a warning about using it on your windscreen like he did. In certain conditions, he said, sunlight can cause a glare on the windscreen due to the wax film that is left.

You have laugh when they get all mixed up with when they are selling products, ROKiT Williams waterless wax at the moment, showing a video of cleaning car from before social distancing, Alan guy, speaking about using the microfiber cloths, "Can I just tell you that on the package from the Renault team, it actually says microfiber cloths". :ROFLMAO: Pretty sure Williams will be pleased at using a competitors name while flogging their products.
But it's an easy mistake to make, especially when you are the expert guest for both products and repeat the same stories for both products. Question is which one of the two products does he actually use himself, or maybe he uses a power washer, he seemed quite impressed with the one he was using to clean a car earlier.

Now Peter chips in with " there is nothing else like it on the market", really, have you forgotten already you sell Renault waterless wax, and according to you guys and Alan it's the bees knees cause it contained the addition Hydrolex Ceramic, while Williams you had to buy separately and at an extra cost.

I also notice, since Lloyd left they don't give a warning about using it on your windscreen like he did. In certain conditions, he said, sunlight can cause a glare on the windscreen due to the wax film that is left.

Renault and Rokit is just the Williams F1 sponsor, its the same product the sponsor changed to Rokit recently hence the first part of the name changing

Renault and Rokit is just the Williams F1 sponsor, its the same product the sponsor changed to Rokit recently hence the first part of the name changing

Hi
They are actually different products, although both made & supplied by the same company (Assured Products ltd), they make the stuff then license the name from the brands to use, they also do Spear & Jackson & RHS which are on IW, probably why it's the same guy that promotes all those products on IW.
The ROKit Williams bottles were labelled with "Williams Waterless Wash'N'Wax" before ROKiT teamed up with Williams, then it became "ROKit Williams Racing Waterless Wash'N'Wax" , The Renault bottles are labelled "Renault F1 Team Waterless Wash and Wax", and the licensee is the Renault F1 team (they were formerly Lotus F1). There is also a slight difference in the ingredients between the two as I mention in my post.

What I wonder about waterless wax products is the potential for scratching. I know shopping telly 'experts' say there's zero chance of it happening, however I'm not convinced. Even with 'encapsulation technology' and use of a microfiber cloth, surely if you've trapped a multi sharp-edged small stone / piece of grit beneath the cloth and are wiping backwards and forwards applying a degree of pressure, there's surely a risk one of the sharp edges, if angled correctly, could be in direct contact with the paint surface? Therefore scratching it. No?

What I wonder about waterless wax products is the potential for scratching. I know shopping telly 'experts' say there's zero chance of it happening, however I'm not convinced. Even with 'encapsulation technology' and use of a microfiber cloth, surely if you've trapped a multi sharp-edged small stone / piece of grit beneath the cloth and are wiping backwards and forwards applying a degree of pressure, there's surely a risk one of the sharp edges, if angled correctly, could be in direct contact with the paint surface? Therefore scratching it. No?

I would have thought there would always be a chance, I suppose most debris/muck left on a car, size wise, will be very small grit, but I would imagine it must still be a possibility to get even very fine scratches.

I must admit that, as the owner of a vintage (1970s) Omega, I am afraid to have it on my wrist in case I get 'outswanked' by anyone I bump into who happens to be wearing one of those masterpieces of horology as sold on IW.

Never ever ever use this stuff on dirty panels:oops: always at least, wash the car first, then use this stuff as a quick detailer:cool:

Yeah I'm maybe making this up :) but I seem to remember years back when selling this kind of stuff the presenter/demonstrator used to quickly advise if the thing you're about to clean is VERY dirty, to give it a quick water rinse first to ensure any sizeable stuff is washed off. I get the fact there's usually nothing sizeable on your average dirty car, however waterless stuff surely has its limits in terms of not scratching. Talking extremes, what about a 4x4 that's been trundling around mucky fields. Would like to see them tackle something like that ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, cause it really, really does annoys the hell out of me, it is the way Shaun handles these "luxury" watches, having two or three over the back of his hand rubbing against each others is something you would expect to see at a street market with some chancer selling cheap watches from a stall, not something you would expect from the so called "Home of Collectable Watches". If I was in a Jeweler looking at some watches and the person behind the counter handled the watches the same way, i would be out the door sharpish, never to return again. With the RRP they are quoting he's had over £6000 of "Luxury" watches slung over the back of his hand at the same time, as if he was handling a few £10 Casio F-91Ws, , he might own a few watches and claim to be really interested, but he has a shocking disregard and ignorance on how to treat "luxury" watches, an utter amateur.

Don't really watch the channels much in these dark times...but was channel hopping late last night to find the girls crowing about a pair of **** brown polyester trousers and a hideous top that none of them would be seen dead in outside..Think I'm gonna have to tune in more!

Latest posts

Back