Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen any of the presenters wearing any of the 'masterpieces of horology' they prize so highly. It could be of course that they own them but don't wish to wear such magnificent timepieces to work (understandable) or that their watch insurance only covers for third party, fire and theft.

Anyway, it seems there is one IW regular who wears one of the watches sold by IW. The bald Irish demonstrator bloke sports a VE wristwatch. I noticed when he was on demoing the waterless wash & wax. Look out for it the next time he's on.

The only time I’ve seen them wearing watches they sell, is on the day of a watch show and they’ll have on one of the watches from the show, so they can plug the show that's on later. On most occasions the watches the presenters wear are definitely not brands they sell on IW or they don’t have a watch on.

Shaun did it once recently and it was so stupid, he was selling some product and mention BTW watch show tonight, and then held up his wrist to the camera to plug the show later on, the watch face was the right way up for the camera to see it, but for Shaun it would have been upside down if he was trying to see the time himself. He was wearing it purely for promotional purpose rather than wearing it for the purpose of functionality.

And Alan Ennis, wax guy, promotes that VE quite often, think he said he has three now, wouldn’t be surprised if was freebies with the condition to promote them at every chance. In reality who would wear a brand new watch, costing a few hundred, to go and clean cars, demonstrating gardening equipment and cleaners etc, etc, that is beater watch time, not brand new watch time. Although having said that, the way they (especially Shaun) handle the watches during shows you would think they were selling beater watches and not Masterpieces of Horology.:ROFLMAO:

Vostok Europe time again.

Anchar, shouldn't be that price, they can't believe the price.
IW £560 inc p&p, seller in Germany taking orders for 3/4 weeks delivery at £575 inc p&p, so i don't know why they can't believe the price, it's not that much different to others, only £15 cheaper.

Everyone tested to 300mtrs says Peter, Kevin 1640 feet i believe. You would think someone dealing with watches for decades would know what 300 mtrs converted into feet off by heart.:oops::ROFLMAO:

Oh love how Kevin keeps saying this is how the GTLS tubes will look in the dark. :rolleyes:
If that's the case Kevin and they are so bright in the dark why do you shine a UV torch on them when doing the this demo? :confused:
The GTLS demo is just rubbish, unless you've got a UV light source with you, they will be nowhere near as bright in the dark as they are showing. I've a few watches with GTLS tubes in them and none of them shine as bright in the dark as IW world would have you believe, they're not meant to shine so bright in the dark, it would defeat the purpose that they are used for.

And, big deal about NH35 movements, a lot of Chinese watches, Parnis etc, use NH35's, bought in for $10 per piece, fitted to whatever case, huge mark up for whatever brand.

What do others think of Rob Locke? I've caught some of his late night shows over recent weeks and have to say he comes across as condescending, can't go 10 secs without mentioning 'when I lived in the states' and it's evident he thinks selly telly is now beneath him. And if he doesn't think this he needs to be aware of the fact that's the vibe he tends to give off.

He was doing a collectibles show Friday maybe Saturday (with a Bruce Lee signature piece for just over £23k, wonder if that's the most expensive thing ever sold on the channel?) and he went on and on about his son applying to get into the BRIT School. Good luck to his son and all that but if he mentioned it once ...

Then, last night, he was selling cleaning products with Simon Iles and they spent increasingly less and less time on the products. Okay, it's the graveyard shift, but I don't want to hear (yet again) about your son applying for the BRIT School, or 'when I was in the states ...' It was quite amusing last night cause he got on his high horse about folk sending him abusive/negative messages on Facebook and Twitter. He got quite animated about someone that has messaged him saying along the lines of 'if you're such a great actor why have you ended up on a crappy tv shopping channel?' Boy oh boy was he not happy. 'I'd like to ask that person what do you do for a living?!? You probably work in a ...' He the stopped himself. I suspect he was going to say factory or supermarket. Giving his true colours away. Whether or not a producer yelled in his ear 'stop now!' I don't know. Funnily enough not long after they went to an extended break then showed part of the earlier show.

I'm maybe judging him wrongly but, to me, he oozes an attitude of frustration at his Hollywood career not perhaps being what it could have been. And yes he maybe does look on a return to selly telly as a step backwards. However he needs to hide it better as I can't be the only one that picks up on it?

Rob Locke was on QVC years ago and he was very condescending and very full of himself. He was always whingeing on about not having a girlfriend (ahem) and then he went to America. I do believe he was trying to become an actor and I'm sure he did a crowd funding page as well to try and raise money for something or other, then all of a sudden there he was on Ideal World.

I was a bit too polite to write that but I believe he went to USA (not sure if it was QVC US), married, had a son but wasn't doing too much work so I think his wife cut her losses.

Yes he seemed (and still does) almost obsessed with the USA thing. I found the clip on YouTube of his last QVC presentation and he (cringingly) says to the guest 'yeah probably see you in the States ...' Without wanting to repeat all my earlier post, the fact he regularly mentions it, and his acting, and the TV/movie work he's done, it all leads to a conclusion that he feels both the UK and selly telly are now beneath him. The thing is, it would be half excusable if he had made the big time but he didn't. I'm not saying that in a poking fun way, just stating the facts.

Last night when he was moving from one area of the studio to the other he said 'yeah in the States we refer to this as moving back to first position' or words to that effect.

YOU'RE NOT IN THE STATES ANY MORE. LET IT GO!

To me Rob Schlock looks like he can’t really be arsed, and I can’t say I blame him really.

I suppose having to shill another effin’ Beldray Hoover at 2am when barely anyone is watching can’t be much fun.

I bet they all hate those Nightshift ‘Shows’ :)

Rob Locke - I can't speak about what he does or doesn't do while on air because I always turn over when he come on.

He was doing a collectibles show Friday maybe Saturday (with a Bruce Lee signature piece for just over £23k, wonder if that's the most expensive thing ever sold on the channel?)

WOW! £23k?! Did they sell it? I did catch a sliver of the show (they were selling a signed Ali glove) but changed channels when I saw who was presenting. I should perhaps give the bloke a chance, but I just cannot bring myself to watch him.

Deliberately deceiving ? Kills Coronovirus plastered on front of bottle, most people will think Covid19 , not seen this before on cleaning items , wonder if this has been especially produced for Ideal World, if it has i can only think its been done on purpose.

Denise is saying they would of gotten it in sooner but breakout were too busy supplying front line staff , more lies and deceit ?

Penfold is now demonstrating saying "this could be a cough, this could be a sneeze"

516409_STANDARD__000_20200504.jpg

Rob likes to read this forum , and has been know to have a little on air dig at people here he thinks have been unkind to him.
Well Rob can feel free to have a dig at people but he does nothing to endear himself to anyone and all that crowd funding thing came across that he was a bit of a freeloader. However, he's now doing a job to get by as you do, probably not one that he really wants to do but hey, join the club.

CC

Latest posts

Back