Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hope they don't sell out, else they will have to cancel the show tomorrow night. :eek:

Peter says, that the Aviator Douglas DC-3 was to launch at Basilworld this year.
What an idiot, the watch has been on the market for a few years. I was tempted to buy the blue one two years ago, but the 45mm dia put me off.

Now speaking about ETA 2834, it's inside some of the most expensive watches of the Rolex Brand. Yeah right, the only Rolex with an ETA 2834 inside it is the fake/replica kind. :ROFLMAO:

Hope they don't sell out, else they will have to cancel the show tomorrow night. :eek:

Peter says, that the Aviator Douglas DC-3 was to launch at Basilworld this year.
What an idiot, the watch has been on the market for a few years. I was tempted to buy the blue one two years ago, but the 45mm dia put me off.

Now speaking about ETA 2834, it's inside some of the most expensive watches of the Rolex Brand. Yeah right, the only Rolex with an ETA 2834 inside it is the fake/replica kind. :ROFLMAO:

As you know, whether accurate or not (I don't think they care) he'll enjoy making the link to brands like Rolex cause it indirectly gives the piece they're selling more prestige. I remember buying a Curry's own brand VHS recorder years back and the salesperson said 'it has a lot of Sanyo components inside … it's basically a Sanyo product for half the price.' Might have been true, might not. Point is he linked the lower prestige product to a higher one.

Also, when you analyse sales techniques, salespeople can spout almost any old garbage and unless the prospective purchaser does some research or has prior knowledge of the product, they'll get away with it. They can talk about ETA 1234 movements, equally they could probably (talking with gravitas) say a watch has a SUCKER 321 movement ... many people don't truly listen to stuff like that. More serious collectors etc yes, but the great unwashed, not always.

the waterless wash and wax, could it be the same stuff as Williams, but Renault now sponsoring it

It's made by the same company, Assured products ltd, although the products are not quite the same, the Renault also contains Hydrolex Ceramic protection, but the Williams doesn't but they do sell it separately. Assured will be the company that is supplying Ideal, but they also sell direct to the public, they are on Amazon Market place, as is Ideal World. Yesterday, while Ideal World on TV was selling 6 litres of Renault for £23.99 (inc p&p) on their Amazon Market place store they were selling 5 litres of Renault for £59.98 (inc p&p).

Last evening I tuned into and was greeted by the sight of PS in his shorts, holding his top up to reveal his belly as he stood on the 'exquisite' vibrapower machine! It fair put me off my pork scratchings!

For you watch people, the talk of movements would have me fooled - except the bit about Rolex. That said I have eyes, and they work. Let's just say the majority of the 'heritage masterpieces of horology' don't strike me as being as 'exquisite' as one presenter makes out.

You know, I’ve credited Kevin Reynolds with being one of the better experts, because at least he gives more in depth info on the watches etc, but have to say he’s fallen quite a lot in my estimation, he’s really spouting a lot of nonsense, right out of the Peter Simon handbook, these days.

He just said – “This is probably going to be the only place in the world, where you can gave an ETA 2834 for under £3000/£4000.”

Just a few minutes search and here’s a few here and abroad, last one is only $279, I suppose once converted it’ll probable be close to £3000.:ROFLMAO:

Hamilton Watch Khaki Aviation Pilot Day Date Auto

Hamilton Watch Jazzmaster Day Date Auto

Certina DS 1 Automatic Day Date Black Dial Men's Watch

Tissot T-One Men's Automatic Watch

Just for information for those reading and maybe not sure this is an ETA 2834-2

https://watchbase.com/eta/caliber/2834-2

Now as I’m typing, I here Mr Reynolds in the background and he has kinda changed his wording on the movement. Instead of being in a Rolex as he said earlier, now it’s a look that’s used by Rolex and other top brands.

Dennice loves her Polti, best iron out there among the multitude available. Good to know Dennice, so when do you use the Table top Cloths press, you claim to have had for years, and wax lyrical about when you're flogging it on Ideal World?

Come on man, get with the program ...

… iron in one hand, clothes press in the other ;)

Dennice loves her Polti, best iron out there among the multitude available. Good to know Dennice, so when do you use the Table top Cloths press, you claim to have had for years, and wax lyrical about when you're flogging it on Ideal World?

She also champions that ripoff Crystal Clear Wand rubbish, in fact you’d think that’s all she ever uses given the promo videos she does but then seems to forget all about it when she’s shilling Old Lizzie Grant Stuff, Big Tammy’s Fabulift, ProtoPlonk, Hydraulic Acid or whatever it’s called, CBD Carp or that Nourish Seaweed Slop.

But I’m sure she’s telling the truth :)

E3C248CA-AA7F-46AD-A6A7-2707AE0796E5.jpeg

Last edited:

Of course she is, she's only allowed to tell you the truth as they have compliance officers checking everything they say, she's said that many times, so it must be true, we have no reason to doubt her. ;):ROFLMAO:

BTW

She flogging the Krups Barista, needs to give a price comparison, says it’s £1400 (actually£1399.99) on Amazon, whoop e do, they give you free postage, woo hoo (sarcastically).

Actually it’s not free postage it’s £4.99 postage, but really, if you want to compare a price, probably best not to pick an item that is being sold on Amazon Market place by IDEAL WORLD, so Dennice why are you charging your TV customers only £879.99 but your customers on Amazon are being charged £1399.99? Bit of a rip off and very unfair on your Amazon customers. And a bit of a cheek using it as a price comparison.:rolleyes:

Krups EA907D40 Automatic Espresso Bean to Cup Coffee Machine, Silver, Barista

And the seller is

Ideal Shopping Direct Limited

She also champions that ripoff Crystal Clear Wand rubbish, in fact you’d think that’s all she ever uses given the promo videos she does but then seems to forget all about it when she’s shilling Old Lizzie Grant Stuff, Big Tammy’s Fabulift, ProtoPlonk, Hydraulic Acid or whatever it’s called, CBD Carp or that Nourish Seaweed Slop.

View attachment 18915

Are you suggesting the presenters essentially treat the viewer with contempt and tell them any old guff to shift units? How DARE you!!!

;)

Jesus only recently started looking at this thread, a couple of weeks ago, you lot have got me picking up on faults

It's a bit like watch collecting, once you start you can't stop. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Normally I've a lot of sympathy for the mentally challenged, but this lot on Ideal World are such a bunch of unscrupulous sods taking advantage of the ill informed/unwary, that I for one take great pleasure in pointing out their faults, lies and warts. If it was the odd one on odd occassions fine, but everyone of them is at it on a constant basis, from Presenters, to guests and even the ****** models join in on the crap. As well as pointing out their faults here, it used to be fun emailing them their faults but they just ignore me now, must still be annoyed I complained about them to ASA. :ROFLMAO:

Watching a BBQ show, what happens to all that meat they cook
It's available on flexipay. Be quick though as the burgers are fast approaching limited stock. Please, I'm not trying to pressure you, it's because we don't know when we'll have the sausages in again, but please check out your basket.

You get a free pen worth £100.

Latest posts

Back