Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Does anyone have a bullsh@t o'meter? Can't believe I missed all the historical connections of a British hand made watch during my horological journey🙄
Ronzy75, I never need a meter like you describe. I enjoy watching Judge Judy humiliate people in her TV court. She often says to parents "how can you tell when a teenager is lying? When their lips move!" I have always used that as a philosophy in life, substituting "teenagers" with certain selly telly presenters...

Ronzy75, I never need a meter like you describe. I enjoy watching Judge Judy humiliate people in her TV court. She often says to parents "how can you tell when a teenager is lying? When their lips move!" I have always used that as a philosophy in life, substituting "teenagers" with certain selly telly presenters...
Oh I love Judge Judy

Does anyone have a bullsh@t o'meter? Can't believe I missed all the historical connections of a British hand made watch during my horological journey🙄

See my earlier post re: 'warning, bullsh*t detected!' app for smart tv's and other devices :) Although I also like your idea. Old school dial sitting in the corner of the screen rated from 0-10. Constantly moves up and down depending on the amount of bullsh*t being spouted :)

Peter singing 'high on a hill stood a lonely goater' (It's goatherd Peter)

Speaking about the C-19 'Pendemic' (must have got mixed up with the £80 free gift)

WTH has that watch got to do with the Lancaster bomber?

Peter likened to god - peter liked that, he needed a little time to think before going into full 1970's working men's club comic mode.

It's funny how your attitude to something can change over the years. I'll hold my hands up and say I used to find his 'comedy' routines quite amusing back in the day. I also don't pass judgement on those still finding it funny, each to their own and all that. However for me, it now just makes me cringe. His stupid gurning, inane attempts at being funny, pathetic double entendre. I caught some of the S&E show yesterday when he was doing this and you could literally sense from the S&E guys mild laughs that he was thinking 'twat.'

If there was such a thing, it will have to surely be of industrial strength to withstand the constant utter carp from I/W. I doubt it would last too long either, as it would probably be worked to death, and worn out before to long!

And now the classic timer which has a bottom pusher that does nothing????? The complicated movement doesn't allow for it so it's aesthetic:rolleyes:

Peter keeps saying this is the last chance to get, what about the show tomorrow, bet he starts the show tomorrow with, this show wasn't planned to be on, but we had some watches which didn't go through. ;)
Peter Simon and the, erm, 'expert' were predictably talking their usual load of carp tonight about things such as 'racing heritage' with colours such as "Brunswick Green", and yes they had 'sold out' of the gold but then after a pause Peter announced that four had somehow magically 'bounced back'. Surprise surprise (not) (y)

Peter Simon and the, erm, 'expert' were predictably talking their usual load of carp tonight about things such as 'racing heritage' with colours such as "Brunswick Green", and yes they had 'sold out' of the gold but then after a pause Peter announced that four had somehow magically 'bounced back'. Surprise surprise (not) (y)

He used his old 'insure it' line on a watch they were selling for something like £149.99. Okay, their usual selling price was something like £299.99 and he insisted it was a '£700 watch all day long' (usual guff) but come on, who in their right mind would contact their insurance to specifically get a £150 product added under a separate line by the insurance company?

Of course we all know they say this stuff to build the prestige of the item in the viewers mind ('oh he's saying I should insure it, it MUST be really valuable even though they're selling it for £14.99') even so, doesn't make it any less tiresome to hear.

Right I know they are only demonstrating the BBQ, but we all know the staff usually tuck in.
Now there is a lady demonstrating today, don't know name off hand, and the same will go for the guys as well, but surely, even during normal times but especially these days, when preparing and cooking for that others will be consuming, her hair should be tied back and even covered, shouldn't be wearing jewelry or watches. Not seeing any hand washing, while touching multiple surfaces, even the charcoals area and on to raw food, cooked food etc. Are they following hygiene guidelines for food preperation for others?

or am i being too picky?

Right I know they are only demonstrating the BBQ, but we all know the staff usually tuck in.
Now there is a lady demonstrating today, don't know name off hand, and the same will go for the guys as well, but surely, even during normal times but especially these days, when preparing and cooking for that others will be consuming, her hair should be tied back and even covered, shouldn't be wearing jewelry or watches. Not seeing any hand washing, while touching multiple surfaces, even the charcoals area and on to raw food, cooked food etc. Are they following hygiene guidelines for food preperation for others?

or am i being too picky?

Hey, this is selly telly where normal rules don't apply so BACK THE HECK OFF!!!

;)

Did they advise viewers to insure the BBQ device due to its potential heirloom status?

Watched a bit of their toy guy Richard selling the pro drone the other night. As usual, every 10 secs he slipped in the phrase 'compared to £1000 drones' but he ramped it up even more by saying 'compared to these studio cameras that cost upwards of £10k.'

I sat their just thinking 'eh?!?'

For a start, the sh*tty 'HD' cameras they'll be putting on these drones won't compare to the quality of those on £1000 drones. That's a given. Also, although I'm not even sure why you'd make the comparison between a lightweight drone and a VERY heavy ground dwelling camera, I'm going to hazard a guess that … again … the quality of the footage captured by the studio camera might be 'slightly' better than that of the pro drone 'HD' camera.

Muppets.

Yesterday, in the early hours, poor Rob Locke was reminiscing again.

He was saying that he hasn’t always worked in ‘Transactional Television’ and that he used to work in Entertainment.

He’s beginning to sound like Dirty Peter, Wicky Woo :)

BA557CA9-1E35-468C-9768-C01DBF404F01.jpeg
EBA0D649-7690-4317-AEA0-1252E3E40454.jpeg

Yesterday, in the early hours, poor Rob Locke was reminiscing again.

He was saying that he hasn’t always worked in ‘Transactional Television’ and that he used to work in Entertainment.

He’s beginning to sound like Dirty Peter, Wicky Woo :)

View attachment 18938View attachment 18939

A job's a job. I'd never decry anyone for doing a job of whatever level to earn a buck. However, you can just tell with almost every fibre of his body, Rob Locke doesn't want to be there. He's different when it's the collectibles (as he holds an interest in that) but he gives off a vibe that 'I'm actually an actor you know and just do this to pay the bills ...' Fine, that's no doubt the case with many selly telly presenters. It's just that he's not as good at hiding it. Funny, given he's an actor and all that.

Transactional television, emmm, okay Rob whatever you say.

Heard him say last night, him and the Dormeo guest, and several others are living in pods in the car park, so they don’t have to travel.

I know Create and Craft, have Dawn Wheeler living in the main building, but didn’t realise it was most of them

Guys and girls, we all need to stand corrected. I have Googled Swan & Edgar watches and the results show not one, not two, but dozens upon dozens of well known quality retailers stocking their range and at hundreds upon hundreds of pounds. So IW were telling us the truth all along! All the big retail names are in there within the first couple of pages of search results.

Try it yourself, you'll see what I mean.

I'm away to buy up one of each model on the IW website and will be contacting my insurance company tomorrow!!!

Latest posts

Back