Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In the style of a Lancaster bomber jet saving London from the Zeppelin🙄 a Daytona replica called the speedometer, hmm, just put Parnis on the dial. Same old script, same old misinformation. I don't mind cheap watches, I do object to selling crap dressed up as heritage.:unsure: Where does the river Thames come into the watch design, or the Royal Mint? Tell you what, I have a watch that I'll say, is based on a 3000 year old design, let's say, Stonehenge. All that history, heritage, Check out your basket, put it on your household insurance.

Old Peter's really starting to annoy me again with only mentioning the first flexi payment amount as if that's the TOTAL amount people are paying.

'A mean come on, who'd 'ave thought you'd be gettin' a genuine Swan & Edgar for £33.33? Just buy it!'

Really sneaky, really underhand selling tactics. Yes, strictly speaking the consumer is getting the product home for the price he's mentioning, however they can't keep it for that price, there are 2-3 more payments to make!!!

Oh god, now we're getting a faux sincere monologue about covid and how proud he is of the youngsters he works with.

Old Peter's really starting to annoy me again with only mentioning the first flexi payment amount as if that's the TOTAL amount people are paying.

'A mean come on, who'd 'ave thought you'd be gettin' a genuine Swan & Edgar for £33.33? Just buy it!'

Really sneaky, really underhand selling tactics. Yes, strictly speaking the consumer is getting the product home for the price he's mentioning, however they can't keep it for that price, there are 2-3 more payments to make!!!

Oh god, now we're getting a faux sincere monologue about covid and how proud he is of the youngsters he works with.
£33.33, about what it's worth. And did anyone notice how these quality hand made, British timepieces date window is hopelessly out of line?

Guys and girls, we all need to stand corrected. I have Googled Swan & Edgar watches and the results show not one, not two, but dozens upon dozens of well known quality retailers stocking their range and at hundreds upon hundreds of pounds. So IW were telling us the truth all along! All the big retail names are in there within the first couple of pages of search results.

Try it yourself, you'll see what I mean.

I'm away to buy up one of each model on the IW website and will be contacting my insurance company tomorrow!!!

There was one on Amazon, but not available now, must have been a big seller though, ranked at #53,199 in men's watches, think every cheap Chinese watch is ahead of it in the rankings, that's pretty poor for such a luxurious heirloom timepiece. :ROFLMAO:

I've bought a couple of Smiths that Eddie at Timefactors sells, excellent watches at a good price, in a different league to Swan & Edgar, and there is none of the over the top nonsense and lies that you get with Swan & Edgar.

SHOPPING TELLY FORUMS WORLD EXCLUSIVE!

Okay folks, I've some fantastic news for all you discerning watch collectors out there. I recently set up my own international watch brand (China/Hong Kong/North Korea). Although ours is a new company, we are fortunate enough to already have a rich cultural heritage - by association of course.

With styling which will immediately remind anyone who sees them of the established high end luxury watch brands (S&E, Gevril, etc) the wearer can be assured of admiring glances wherever they go.

The first timepiece is a nod to the industrial revolution and Great Britain's role as world powerhouse. The 'Puffing Billy' comes with luxury leatherette box, certificate of authenticity, insurance valuation document, free pen and torch (the latter worth £199).

Given the expectation that our timepieces will become popular within celebrity circles, our brand name has been carefully selected by a panel of experts and is a tribute to the UK and her great entertainers. We are confident everyone will be proud to wear and envious of people who wear them......

Cannon & Ball - exclusive luxury masterpieces of horology.

The Puffing Billy will soon be joined by other fantastic designs which reflect the pinnacle of UK entertainment and engineering endeavour; the 'Jack Douglas', 'Bernard Manning' and - last but definitely not least - the awe inspiring 'Austin Allegro'.

Our watches are set to retail between £1,100 and £2,400 (see our website) but will be available to you - the aficionado - for a very special £149.99! Remember folks, this price is only available while stocks last and includes the free pen/torch combo!

Cannon & Ball watches - they'll do for me!

Angela Navratilova and Dirty Peter are shilling some Plants.

But Angela, as bossy and as dislikable as ever, is defo running this show. She’s constantly talking over DP and telling him what to do.

Very funny, he clearly despises her :)

Angela Navratilova and Dirty Peter are shilling some Plants.

But Angela, as bossy and as dislikable as ever, is defo running this show. She’s constantly talking over DP and telling him what to do.

Very funny, he clearly despises her :)
Yesterday he was jokily inferring that he had a crush on her when they were in their teens :unsure:

'what is the case size on this James' ............must be rehearsed so that when the 4th generation horology expert hears this, he must run off the starting block to say as much as he can about the watch before big P starts interrupting him as he's listened to what the sales figures are in his ear.

Pity about Baselworld, we'd have been spared seeing any watches :D

'what is the case size on this James' ............must be rehearsed so that when the 4th generation horology expert hears this, he must run off the starting block to say as much as he can about the watch before big P starts interrupting him as he's listened to what the sales figures are in his ear.

Pity about Baselworld, we'd have been spared seeing any watches :D

I know, for some, it's an important thing to know when making a purchasing decision. However it really grinds my gears the way he asks it for every watch shown, asking in such a way as to infer case size equates to quality.

'It's got a case size of 3 metres Peter and is 50cm in depth.'

'INSURE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Okay folks, I've some fantastic news for all you discerning watch collectors out there. I recently set up my own international watch brand (China/Hong Kong/North Korea). Although ours is a new company, we are fortunate enough to already have a rich cultural heritage - by association of course.

With styling which will immediately remind anyone who sees them of the established high end luxury watch brands (S&E, Gevril, etc) the wearer can be assured of admiring glances wherever they go.

The first timepiece is a nod to the industrial revolution and Great Britain's role as world powerhouse. The 'Puffing Billy' comes with luxury leatherette box, certificate of authenticity, insurance valuation document, free pen and torch (the latter worth £199).

Given the expectation that our timepieces will become popular within celebrity circles, our brand name has been carefully selected by a panel of experts and is a tribute to the UK and her great entertainers. We are confident everyone will be proud to wear and envious of people who wear them......

The Puffing Billy will soon be joined by other fantastic designs which reflect the pinnacle of UK entertainment and engineering endeavour; the 'Jack Douglas', 'Bernard Manning' and - last but definitely not least - the awe inspiring 'Austin Allegro'.

Our watches are set to retail between £1,100 and £2,400 (see our website) but will be available to you - the aficionado - for a very special £149.99! Remember folks, this price is only available while stocks last and includes the free pen/torch combo!

Good luck with the brand, given that sort of heritage I'm sure IW will be more than happy to stock it. Just bear in mind though, a certain male presenter will likely refer to your brand as 'Little & Large' and to the Austin Allegro model as the 'Hillman Imp.'

Wish you every success with your new venture, I believe these folks are really good at finding the ideal wholesale watch supplier for your fledgling business. Any kind of watch you want, they can knock it up, even Swiss Made.

I know, for some, it's an important thing to know when making a purchasing decision. However it really grinds my gears the way he asks it for every watch shown, asking in such a way as to infer case size equates to quality.

'It's got a case size of 3 metres Peter and is 50cm in depth.'

'INSURE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

I know what you mean, but weight is also another that seems to equate to quality in their minds.

Nanty has just asked his ‘Watch Expert‘ to detail his experience but not to name any names of the brands that he’s worked for.

However, that supposed Watch Expert didn’t hesitate to throw in the Brand Name ‘Chanel’ when ludicrously comparing the look of some no name monstrosity:)

Nanty has just asked his ‘Watch Expert‘ to detail his experience but not to name any names of the brands that he’s worked for.

However, that supposed Watch Expert didn’t hesitate to throw in the Brand Name ‘Chanel’ when ludicrously comparing the look of some no name monstrosity:)

Started at Seiko UK, but since 2005 has been going downhill ever since, been associated with fashion and the Dartmouth brands. Now got his own company, Momentum Consult ltd, promoting and wholesaling all these obscure watch brands.

Pushing the Faulex subalike, I have Steinharts which are identical with ETA's & Sellita's for half the price;)
Some of those Gevril's are hideous:sick:
Case sizes might've been my fault😳 I did email them a while back asking them to state case sizes as big watches aren't for everybody, oops:)

Pushing the Faulex subalike, I have Steinharts which are identical with ETA's & Sellita's for half the price;)
Some of those Gevril's are hideous:sick:
Case sizes might've been my fault😳 I did email them a while back asking them to state case sizes as big watches aren't for everybody, oops:)

One or two of their watches are ok, RRPs a bit over the top :ROFLMAO:, but despite that at least they are made in Switzerland, but as you say some are hideous plus they've gone in for the huge watch sizes. Steinharts are good, I've the Ocean 2 Premium with the black dial, love it.

He also just said, about the Five Points watch, harks back to Swiss watches of the 60s. Not at 44mm diam it doesn't, that's big today for a dress watch, but would have been a monster compared to Swiss watches in the 60s.

Latest posts

Back