Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why is Elizabeth Grant deals always over £100 off.

Another classic example of exaggerated RRPs coupled with very low 'sale/saving' prices. They WILL insist on telling us we're getting a package that 'normally retails' at £399.99 for £39.99.

WHO IS BUYING AT £399.99? WHERE ARE THESE PEOPLE?!?

Another classic example of exaggerated RRPs coupled with very low 'sale/saving' prices. They WILL insist on telling us we're getting a package that 'normally retails' at £399.99 for £39.99.

WHO IS BUYING AT £399.99? WHERE ARE THESE PEOPLE?!?

Nobody I shouldn't think! As far as I can see, they don't sell sets of EG skincare so not really comparable . I think they're trying to say if you bought all the items individually then that's what it'll come to. Nobody would do that, if they did they'd need to be barking mad! I don't know what the brand's reputation is in Canada or the US, but over here the brand isn't generally heard of unless you do shopping telly, so hasn't got the kudos of our high end brands.They're only gonna be able to get it out there unless they sell it relatively cheap. If it was any good it'd be for sale in the department stores over here …I've tried it and it's a mediocre product in fancy packaging!

Nobody I shouldn't think! As far as I can see, they don't sell sets of EG skincare so not really comparable . I think they're trying to say if you bought all the items individually then that's what it'll come to. Nobody would do that, if they did they'd need to be barking mad! I don't know what the brand's reputation is in Canada or the US, but over here the brand isn't generally heard of unless you do shopping telly, so hasn't got the kudos of our high end brands.They're only gonna be able to get it out there unless they sell it relatively cheap. If it was any good it'd be for sale in the department stores over here …I've tried it and it's a mediocre product in fancy packaging!

But, but, the baldy headed git said for the last five years it's the only thing the goddess puts on her skin, so must be good if she uses it. ;) :ROFLMAO:

PS

I've got the git in a video clip from October last year, selling Nourish London Skin care stuff and how the goddess loves it and can't wait for it to be back in stock. Surely the git wouldn't lie, would he? :oops:

But, but, the baldy headed git said for the last five years it's the only thing the goddess puts on her skin, so must be good if she uses it. ;) :ROFLMAO:

PS

I've got the git in a video clip from October last year, selling Nourish London Skin care stuff and how the goddess loves it and can't wait for it to be back in stock. Surely the git wouldn't lie, would he? :oops:
He tells the same story for both - the Goddess used nothing but La Mer until he

PS

He tells the same story for both , the Goddess would use nothing but La Mer until he took home a sample of Nourish ( or Elizabeth Grant ) , now she refuses to use anything except the one he happens to be flogging on the day.
Same as Creepy and Hayley sleep on nothing but the Emma/ Dormeo/ Comfort and Dreams when they are at home.
Shaun blurted out the other day that he 'is having a new house built'.
Shopping Telly will have fared better during the lockdown than the high street , that's for sure

Grant and Dennice having sensible chat over selling iPhone 6s, how come some can do it.

Deeeeennnnnnnnice saying how her iPhone is now as important to her as her right hand. She uses it for things like reading the news, booking holidays, doing price comparisons. So ... basically stuff you can do on ANY smart phone :) And these ones aren't reconditioned, they're remade ;)

Shaun blurted out the other day that he 'is having a new house built'. Shopping Telly will have fared better during the lockdown than the high street , that's for sure

Yeah we gently mock, however if they get a few hundred for each live show they do, you do the 'math' as they say in the states ...

Vol au Vent is demonstrating a Beko Vac. He says : -

‘ Power and suction is what you want from a vacuum but that you don’t get in MOST cases, but you do with a Beko’

I guess that means you should steer clear of the other 197 brands of Vac they shill :)

One of the biggest hates/annoyances I have about Ideal world is the Actors/Guest Presenters pretending they are experts; there was a lady on yesterday, a supposed skin/beauty expert, in fact just a dancer/presenter/and a self-proclaimed influencer, and of course Mr Dormeo the bed expert, flogging Dormeo which Dennice claims is the fastest selling mattress brand EVER, that's a heck of a claim Dennice, especially as Dormeo aren't even in the top 5 selling mattresses in the UK let alone the world, must have been the Ideal world's compliance officers day off yesterday, huh.
And today we have Alan Ennis, expert in car wax cleaners, weed killers, hoovers, etc, this morning selling the One Chem All Clear, of course complete with all the 3M Clean-Trace testing swabs, he’s trying to give off the air of someone who is an expert in safety when dealing with micro-organisms.

Just take his expert opinion on an anti-bacterial cleaner he’d been using for years, which he said, wasn’t as good as One Chem All Clear, because it’s only an anti-bacterial cleaner and One Chem is anti-viral, it says on the bottle. Wonder what training in microbiology safety he’s done to make that claim?

What he doesn’t realise is the chemical in the anti-bacterial product is the same chemical that is in the One Chem, and the only reason why One Chem has “Kills Coronavirus” and “Anti-Viral” on their packaging is because it’s only recently been released to cash on the public’s fear of the Covid 19 virus & viruses in general. There is nothing special about it, bog standard anti-bacterial cleaners in Asda are also anti-viral, but they don’t blazon it on their labels as until recently bacteria has been the main threat around the home and will be when Covid 19 has passed.

Yeah some of these guest presenters can give tips/demonstrations on how to use the products, but don’t play at being experts in the products, cause you ain’t, you’re just actors paid to flog a product.

Rant over.

Sorry sometimes they just annoy me so much I have to have a rant. :oops::ROFLMAO:

One of the biggest hates/annoyances I have about Ideal world is the Actors/Guest Presenters pretending they are experts … Yeah some of these guest presenters can give tips/demonstrations on how to use the products, but don’t play at being experts in the products, cause you ain’t, you’re just actors paid to flog a product.

Sorry sometimes they just annoy me so much I have to have a rant. :oops::ROFLMAO:

How DARE you! Are you suggesting they'd happily be an 'expert' for whoever is paying them and/or whoever IW is stocking? I cannot believe anyone would think this. You need to take a LONG hard look at yourself!

;)

Latest posts

Back