Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good news this morning.:)

I'm sure everyone, like me, was extremely worried about the chance of obtaining one of the magnificent Morphic timepieces after last night bumper sell out show, well have no fear, we can all breath easy this morning as, apart from one watch, they are all still available to buy this morning, thank god for that thought I had missed out on this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Being able to acquire one of these wonderful masterpieces, quality on a par with Rolex et al, at phenomenally discounted prices will surely put a smile on everyone's face, especially in these dark times, don't delay, add as many as you can and checkout your baskets. :)

I'm sure everyone, like me, was extremely worried about the chance of obtaining one of the magnificent Morphic timepieces after last night bumper sell out show, well have no fear, we can all breath easy this morning as, apart from one watch, they are all still available to buy this morning, thank god for that thought I had missed out on this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Being able to acquire one of these wonderful masterpieces, quality on a par with Rolex et al, at phenomenally discounted prices will surely put a smile on everyone's face, especially in these dark times, don't delay, add as many as you can and checkout your baskets. :)
Think l will order 2, 1 for each arm 😀

Emma would like to know if anybody at home has seen a watch like the drum movement watch.

Hi Emma, would email you but IW ignore my comments on your shows, but and I know IW read here, hopefully someone will kindly pass it on. ;)

Go to Ali Express, they've heaps of drum movement watches, although be prepared to splash out, they range for £8 to £23, I know at times like these we can ill afford to spend such sums, but if you like them, even if you don't need it, just buy it, the Chinese need your custom. :)

Surely if these drum watches were true quality, the drums would at the very least accurately line up?

Mike M was trying to set one last night and failed. Covered up by the 'expert' saying 'it takes some getting used to.' Smacks to me of cheap internals more like. He was letting go of the button and the drum kept turning for another 3-4 digits!

Dennice says, she hasn't seen a fan that circulates the air the way the boneco does, she's got bad memory, they were flogging the Beldray 3 in 1 Air circulator a week ago.

They're a funny bunch. Slag off traditional fans when selling AC units and more advanced fans like the Boneco ... then last night what are they selling? A standard traditional fan that just moves the air about. But ... you were slagging them off earlier? Me confused. Could it be you chop and change your 'genuine' stories and advice to suit whatever product you're pushing? Surely not ;)

Show 1: These are gonna go, check out yer baskets NOW to avoid disappointment!!!
Show 2: (same product) These are gonna go, check out yer baskets NOW to avoid disappointment!!!
Show 3: (same product) These are gonna go, check out yer baskets NOW to avoid disappointment!!!

And so on. You'd be forgiven for thinking they were using default lines on all shows as part of a pressure selling strategy. However we know IW like all selly telly would never do that, so we can rest easy ;)

On Monday night, Shaun said something about baskets and how they'd changed the system to only allow people to put watches in their basket if they're going to check out. He didn't mention once about checking baskets out. Did anyone else hear that?

Alan Ennis was doing the fan hour and said how expensive his air con unit was to run last year and now has the fans instead.

I tuned in later and they were selling an air con unit, didn't hear any mention of running cost :rolleyes:

I'm sure I saw him just the other day when selling an AC unit showing us a phone app that calculates how much electricity appliances use in terms of cost. Was boasting that the unit cost pennies a day to run. I'm 99% it was an AC unit and not a fan they were doing.

As I say, they chop and change as they see fit :)

Rob Locke appeared on Create and Craft last night. Just for one 45 minute show,

I thought ooh god when he appeared, Luckily he had Dawn Wheeler as a guest, and she just got on with it.

Both commented they have lived onsite for 16 weeks. Is it all the presenters.

Surely if these drum watches were true quality, the drums would at the very least accurately line up?

Mike M was trying to set one last night and failed. Covered up by the 'expert' saying 'it takes some getting used to.' Smacks to me of cheap internals more like. He was letting go of the button and the drum kept turning for another 3-4 digits!

I noticed that, not only did he not know what he was doing, but when the drums finally stopped, as you say, they were slightly off in alignment with each other and the arrow marker, looked very poor quality. They do seem to have poor or lack of preparation for their demos/shows, the night before Shaun had that chronograph that didn't work when he pressed the buttons, same as happened a week ago with Peter Simon. :ROFLMAO:

They're a funny bunch. Slag off traditional fans when selling AC units and more advanced fans like the Boneco ... then last night what are they selling? A standard traditional fan that just moves the air about. But ... you were slagging them off earlier? Me confused. Could it be you chop and change your 'genuine' stories and advice to suit whatever product you're pushing? Surely not ;)

That's the problem with putting every product they sell on a pedestal, as the best there has been, best quality you can get and slag off other products, they then have come to the other products, as they also sell them, they've either have to admit the products are not as good or they lie and hope nobody notices. But because they do it with every product they sell it's impossible not to notice their lies and hypocrisy.:)

Alan Ennis was doing the fan hour and said how expensive his air con unit was to run last year and now has the fans instead.

I tuned in later and they were selling an air con unit, didn't hear any mention of running cost :rolleyes:

I tell ya, they think the viewers are all stupid and don't remember what they've said in the past. Frauds the lot of them.

On Monday night, Shaun said something about baskets and how they'd changed the system to only allow people to put watches in their basket if they're going to check out. He didn't mention once about checking baskets out. Did anyone else hear that?

I heard that bit, but wasn't listen properly, but it did sound like what they've been saying a lot of lately, ie if it's in your basket, if you don't checkout within a few mins it will be removed from your basket, said it was to stop folks putting multiple watches in their baskets and not checking out, or something like that, could be wrong though, was bored at that point so not listening to hard, Shaun would put a corpse to sleep, Mason & Simon are much more entertaining idiots on watch shows, they're always guaranteed to make an arse of themselves. :)

I heard that bit, but wasn't listen properly, but it did sound like what they've been saying a lot of lately, ie if it's in your basket, if you don't checkout within a few mins it will be removed from your basket, said it was to stop folks putting multiple watches in their baskets and not checking out, or something like that, could be wrong though, was bored at that point so not listening to hard, Shaun would put a corpse to sleep, Mason & Simon are much more entertaining idiots on watch shows, they're always guaranteed to make an arse of themselves. :)

Rob LockE was going his length about this on a collectibles show a few weeks back, and I mean getting genuinely angry. I commented on it here at the time. I think the real reason behind this is to further push the punter to buy QUICKLY so IW can boast about near or actual sell outs. Why feel the need to make a song and dance on air about it? Just put a message on the buying screen a bit like when you buy tickets for the theatre 'please check out within 15 minutes to confirm your order or your seats will return to allocation' etc etc.

It was my understanding that IW presenters do indeed trawl these pages.

Even if they have no real interest in what's being said in general, perhaps the temptation to read about themselves may be to hard to resist?

Latest posts

Back