Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's watch night again. :ROFLMAO:

Our "Russian" favourites CCCP are back again, with a different guest, down as Jonathan Bordell, which I assume is the same Bordell of the late Page & Cooper fame, sure a lot of ex P & C customers will be glad to see he's still on the go. :eek: If it is him, then there should be no excuses tonight for any misleading information regarding the CCCP watches, there should be none of the Alexander Shorokhoff being around in the 1920s to start the brand, wonder if he'll go as far to say they were originally a brand in Germany before being sold to the Chinese.

Shaun and Shona doing Anti Bacterial Bedding, yes I know he’s a presenter, and she is some Goddess in bedding, but also a presenter, why can’t she do both.

Its like Proskins Jess having a presenter with her, or Shaun Crawley guesting

Shaun and Shona doing Anti Bacterial Bedding, yes I know he’s a presenter, and she is some Goddess in bedding, but also a presenter, why can’t she do both.

Its like Proskins Jess having a presenter with her, or Shaun Crawley guesting

She's not actual a Goddess in bedding, she's an actor, who is also doing shopping TV presenting as well. And same goes for Jess, she's just an actor that does media stuff for Proskins on TV, youtube etc. They are freelance so if you had a media job needing done, like a commercial etc, you can hire them for that job, just like Ideal World, Proskins and others do.
The only reason there are two, is to give the appearance that one is an EXPERT on the product, which a few are, the rest are just freelance actors / media folk pretending to be experts. ;):)

Jess the actor.

Shona

It's watch night again. :ROFLMAO:

Our "Russian" favourites CCCP are back again, with a different guest, down as Jonathan Bordell, which I assume is the same Bordell of the late Page & Cooper fame, sure a lot of ex P & C customers will be glad to see he's still on the go. :eek: If it is him, then there should be no excuses tonight for any misleading information regarding the CCCP watches, there should be none of the Alexander Shorokhoff being around in the 1920s to start the brand, wonder if he'll go as far to say they were originally a brand in Germany before being sold to the Chinese.
Shorokhof mentioned early, but in the correct context:unsure: Never seen this "expert" before, might actually be one;)

Sean seems to be coaching this new fella into being surprised at the price offered:eek: How long before he's brainwashed into the " I can't believe you're doing it for that price, it must be a mistake"

Shorokhof mentioned early, but in the correct context:unsure: Never seen this "expert" before, might actually be one;)

A bit better, but still not giving out the full story, ie they are a Chinese brand now, still too much insinuations of them being Russian watches and Slava's history being associated with this brand, rather than just some of them containing Russian movements.
He's from the late Page & Cooper, on-line watch retailer. he was the co -director with his wife until a few years ago (2017) when he transferred his shares to his wife and then filed personal bankruptcy, but now the Company it's self has entered liquidation. I was going to order a Raketa earlier this year until i read the bad reviews about customer service etc, so didn't, just as well as a lot of folk have ended up no watches and lost money.

Sean seems to be coaching this new fella into being surprised at the price offered:eek: How long before he's brainwashed into the " I can't believe you're doing it for that price, it must be a mistake"

It gets sooooooooo boring. I hopped onto QVC the other day, something I rarely do tbh, and within 2 mins of watching the guest expert said to the main presenter 'yeah the thing that surprised me was the £69.99 price ... I thought surely there should be a 1 in front of that?'

Mind you, they're not daft. They're well aware it's all to do with indirect/subliminal influence. A bit like tv ads, most folk say 'doesn't influence me one way or the other' however studies have shown tv advertising 'does' work, even on those who think it doesn't!

As I say though, doesn't make their selling techniques any less tedious.

A bit better, but still not giving out the full story, ie they are a Chinese brand now, still too much insinuations of them being Russian watches and Slava's history being associated with this brand, rather than just some of them containing Russian movements.
He's from the late Page & Cooper, on-line watch retailer. he was the co -director with his wife until a few years ago (2017) when he transferred his shares to his wife and then filed personal bankruptcy, but now the Company it's self has entered liquidation. I was going to order a Raketa earlier this year until i read the bad reviews about customer service etc, so didn't, just as well as a lot of folk have ended up no watches and lost money.

Just my opinion but I personally feel brands are diluted that bit more every time they change hands, even IF overall quality remains. So yeah, it's no wonder they like to link current products to those of yesteryear, even if the brand has changed hands once, twice or more in the intervening decades.

Just my opinion but I personally feel brands are diluted that bit more every time they change hands, even IF overall quality remains. So yeah, it's no wonder they like to link current products to those of yesteryear, even if the brand has changed hands once, twice or more in the intervening decades.

I think it really depends on the type of “changing hands”.

In some cases, some older independent brands have become part of bigger watch groups, like Swatch group, but essentially the brand continues on as before, same premises, workers etc and more often than not, there is no difference than before, apart from different owner it’s basically same company, so history and heritage are still good.

Then you have those that like CCCP, new owner buys the brand, but in reality it’s only the name and any stock that they’ve bought. The manufacture takes place at a different location with different workforce than before. In reality it’s a totally different company to it’s early days, so any history or heritage (which will be small as CCCP had only been around 20 years before being sold) would belong to the old company and not the new one.

Then you have them that acquire the name only, and are really just a totally new brand with absolutely no connection to the old company, so any use of the history and heritage of the old brand, and implying there is somehow a connection with the old brand, is IMO total fraud, the way Simon Iles portrays Beldray is a prime example.

For me the biggest problem with Ideal world selling the CCCP watches is, is that the history and heritage that Ideal World keep spouting about the brand, has nothing to do with either the new or old CCCP brand/company, it’s the Slava watch factory history. The movement in some, I say some as some of their range has inexpensive Japanese movements, of their watches may have a history and heritage behind them, but that belongs to the watch movement company not the CCCP brand. It would like be a brand using say , Seiko movements in their watches, claiming they’re watches have been inspired by Japan and naming watches after significant Japanese people or events etc, and claiming Seiko’s history and heritage and calling themselves highly skilled Japanese watchmakers, it would be ludicrous, but on Ideal World it’s OK.

Another Huawei phone the Y6p, for £99.99 Peter said it was already Limited Stock at 9pm, but it doesnt say that on screen, i didn’t think that was allowed.

its the best phone of the year, didnt they have one for £199.99 last week, and iPhones which were better, Peter is now singing, the guy really is a P Rick and should go away.

Not on Flexi Pay as it doesn’t need it.

Caught some of their Huawei Y6p presentation last night. Tried to hold on despite Simon's desperate hysterics seriously challenging me not to.

They have now decided to mention the no GMS issue. They should, of course, have done that the other night, but chose not to. It would be very interesting to know the reasons for the inclusion of this key information now but not then?

Grant, in fairness, is an excellent technology presenter and beyond that field I imagine. He certainly doesn't benefit from somebody like Peter Simon behaving like a throwback to a mid-'60s Carry On film player putting him off. We probably would learn a lot more about the gadgets he reviews if he was allowed to present them alone. I assume those aforementioned types of omissions are not his direct choice, and if he was in the back of your cab, talking Huawei phones, you could have a very informative chat with him about the difficulties you face in reality trying to overcome the lack of Google and its services on them, rather than the glossing over of the issue in seconds as a minor inconvenience as it is done on air.

I think he (Grant) mentioned Instagram could be (or had been) put on the phone. As far as I'm aware, Instagram is not on the Huawei App Gallery and Instagram would need to be sideloaded on to your phone, along with many of the missing others have to be. Essentially, in this case, that means going to a third party provider to try to get them onto your phone, which is a) not straightforward, b) has security risks, and c) could potentially seriously f..muck up your phone. I have tried the Huawei Phone Clone app which he also mentioned. Only some of my apps transferred over working. Others never made it all, or appeared (Fitbit, First Direct...) on my P40 Pro in non-working state, rendering them useless to me.

At least now IW are mentioning the lack of the Google platform on Huawei phones they sell, albeit in a brief 'not really a problem' type of a way. Believe me - it IS a problem. But at least there is trigger factor now to allow their potential buyers to go away, do some proper research, and then make an informed choice whether to buy one or not.

Someone must have had a word in Sally jacks ear on how to pronounce Huawei. for the first 20 minutes it's been "Hu-wah-way" now it's just the correct way "wah-way". Oh wait, now it's "Hu-wah-way" again. You would think if your selling a product you would learn how to pronounce it properly. :ROFLMAO:

It’s surprising how confused the presenters sometimes come over with the products.

Sally on her YouTube channel done a day in her life, which included several meetings regarding products up and coming, so they know everything they say is 100% as If it isn’t they can’t mention it

It’s surprising how confused the presenters sometimes come over with the products.

Sally on her YouTube channel done a day in her life, which included several meetings regarding products up and coming, so they know everything they say is 100% as If it isn’t they can’t mention it

Just had a look.

Yeah, strange how they make a big thing of this, "everything we say must be 100% correct or we can't say it", yet they continually come out with stuff that is not 100% factually correct on their shows.

I notice she was using a Dell laptop, thought ALL the presenters used the CODA for working at Ideal world, or so we were told on screen when they were selling it, after all what we are told on screen is 100% factually correct.;)

And now "wah-way" becomes "Hu-wah-wee".

With them mentioning the no GMS.

Grant said something along the lines off, I’m mentioning this, because it had been made to our attention, and we need to say it, hense why I wondered if they ever read something like this.

But probably not as if they went by us, Peter Simon and Mike Mason would no longer be working for the channel.

Mike Mason would be working on a market stall with Simon Iles, Peter Simon would be doing late night Channel 5.

Latest posts

Back