Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Repeat show of Hayley's desperate for all to check out their baskets for the Innoteck multi cooker, stocks flying out the door, when the stock is gone the stock is gone, 85% sold, supposed to be a wednesday show but doesn't think it will happen, you need to check out to get it she says. Then over to Jack for some cooking then she goes into one of her hysterical screeching pleas to buy, "oh Jack, my goodness, they've got to check their baskets out, we are getting busier and busier, must check out your baskets".
Ah well Wednesday's here, obviously still stock in stock. :rolleyes:

Bev, the Queen of clean, giving an indication as to how powerful the Polti vacuum is, "21.9 volts of battery, and if you think to yourself, well, a rechargeable battery isn't going to be very powerful, we're actually driving cars now with rechargeable batteries."

Ah, got you Bev, so has nothing to do with the power of the battery, but the fact a Polti has a rechargeable battery and because rechargeable batteries now power cars, means it'll be powerful.
Almost as bad as Reg Varney, saying one time, that, people keep asking questions about the Amperage of the appliance, forget that, it's the Voltage you need to know, that tells you the power of the machine. He surely didn't do physics at school. :ROFLMAO:
These presenters are thick as mince. ;)

It's Sally "check out my social media" Jacks, voice just does my head in.

What are the worst things about her voice?

a)Accent/dialect/pronunciation

b)It's Screechy

c)laugh

d) a,b, & c

I go for d.

I also noticed as well as constant promotion that she's on social media, she has this annoying habit of saying, in relation to an item that may have health benefits/be good for you, "we can't say this, as we are not medically trained, but ......", then goes on to hint at the possible medical benefits.

Over-use of sales tactics like 'check out your baskets now!' and 'we're in meltdown!' dilute their effectiveness, especially when more than a few times they strangely seem to have stock left for the next few shows. But … I thought you said earlier things were in meltdown?!? Me confused!

;)

The term Breaking the Internet is a daft one, one shopping channel isn’t going to break the internet
You can tell they're just trotting these phrases out regardless of what's actually going on behind the scenes sales wise.

Check out yer baskets!
Busiest part of the show!!
We're in meltdown!!!

Blah blah blah. Back it up IW by showing us live numbers of quantities sold and I'd maybe believe you even if just a teeny bit more ;)

You can tell they're just trotting these phrases out regardless of what's actually going on behind the scenes sales wise.

Check out yer baskets!
Busiest part of the show!!
We're in meltdown!!!

Blah blah blah. Back it up IW by showing us live numbers of quantities sold and I'd maybe believe you even if just a teeny bit more ;)

Especially as they start doing "check out your baskets" right from the start of a show, it's just a ridiculous tactic to be using so early.
I always laugh at the point where they say "were going to a VT to give you a chance to check out your baskets". what do they think folks are that enthralled watching them that they need to have a break with a VT to be able to check out baskets?
I think they don't use actual stock figues as that will give the customer a clearer picture of what they have, using percentage, without knowing the starting stock levels, is a good tactic at causing doubt in the customer's mind as to whether they can hang on a bit longer before deciding to buy.

Peter Simon on every POTD or Blockbuster launch we have only Limited Stock of this product.

I thought that phrase was when they got to 10% left

In normal conversation there is nothing wrong in what he's says, just a way of saying starting with low stock levels, I suppose the fact that limited stock is used by IW for 10% left, then he could use different words for expressing that they are starting with low stock levels for that products.

That's why I like TJC, they give stock levels. They had some emu oil tablets on yesterday, they sold hundreds of them! I've never heard of it.

I hate when they say 'You're stealing this from us' quickly followed by 'I know you're not but that's what it seems like'
Yep, assuming TJC's numbers are real (sorry I'm so cynical when it comes to selly telly, actually life in general!) then I agree, SHOW US REAL NUMBERS IW! Of course we all know they won't, as Hammy touched on they rely on viewers NOT knowing what's actually going on so they can use various pressure sales tactics.

And YET AGAIN the other night I was watching whatever it was being sold and the presenter said along the lines of 'We bought enough stock for the 3 day event and 20% of it has been sold in the first hour!!!'

If you're telling the truth, me thinks you HAVEN'T BOUGHT ENOUGH STOCK THEN! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE EXPERTS!!!'

Or could it be it's all just more cloak and daggers?!? ;)

Talking of basket checking, a while ago on, guess what? a watch show, PS stopped his prattle to do a piece to camera with his "serious" look. Apparently, someone, with malice, had placed many watches in their basket, thus preventing anyone else from "buying" PS to camera, "We know what you're doing, it isn't funny. Now stop it" Wonder if that's why they changed the rules regarding basket items were still available until checked out.:unsure:

Talking of basket checking, a while ago on, guess what? a watch show, PS stopped his prattle to do a piece to camera with his "serious" look. Apparently, someone, with malice, had placed many watches in their basket, thus preventing anyone else from "buying" PS to camera, "We know what you're doing, it isn't funny. Now stop it" Wonder if that's why they changed the rules regarding basket items were still available until checked out.:unsure:

I hope you don't think it was me, but then again,,, ;)

I have a vague memory of that, for some reason i have it in my head that it was on another show, rather than the one it happened, sort of used as an excuse as to why they hadn't sold out in the first show, also have Mike Mason in my thoughts about it, or maybe it's happened more than once. :unsure:

That Jess is starting to annoy me, she couldn't be more honoured to bring us Mylee London, Jewellery. It's inexpensive jewellery, why the hell would you be honoured to be selling it, speak about over the top nonsense. Imagine going into a shop and the salesperson said they were honoured to be able to stock this so you could buy it, I would just go aye right and walk out laughing, thinking what a nut job.

And then we have two annoying idiots, Drone Guy and Proskins Gal, sounds like a a pair of superheroes, nah more like a pair of superirritants.

Proskins Gal is in a Wow, oh my word, oh my gosh mood today, seems like every item is just mind blowing. She's getting very excited at the products she's selling these days.

Drone guy, says, we've had a bad time, haven't seen our family for months, now we can meet again, o lets film them with this drone. Really, you want to take a picture of a members of your family you haven't seen for months so Drone Guy thinks you should use a drone to do it? What a numpty. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back