Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Actually guys, I need to own up to something. I was venting just now about IW exaggerating the capabilities of the tabletop ovens they sell, however I didn't realise my TV is obviously skewing the perspective, must be a fault. Someone has just sent me a pic showing these ovens actual size and I reckon they're slightly larger than I gave IW credit for. Sorry all ...

oven.jpg

Last of the stock of the remarkable "complexity".

Don't worry though folks, you could also go to Ali express and buy the original that the Swan & Edgar is a copy of and it's a quarter of the price.

Complexity alternative
So basically, one flexi payment buys the watch:ROFLMAO: Love it. I keep looking on Ali for all the variants, but you're too quick for me Hammy(y) Just shows what a lying, deceiving bunch of tw@ts some of these "experts" are
Is this a love in between the rat and PS?

So basically, one flexi payment buys the watch:ROFLMAO: Love it. I keep looking on Ali for all the variants, but you're too quick for me Hammy(y) Just shows what a lying, deceiving bunch of tw@ts some of these "experts" are
Is this a love in between the rat and PS?

I'm only quick cause that's one of their earlier models, which are basically rebranded Ali watches. Think they've learned from Heritor etc, and instead of just rebranding, their newer watches must be sourced direct from the Chinese watch supplier. Maybe somebody like Solar Time or another from the many that are out there.

The world timer is a weird watch, not just weird as in ugly, but weird as in weird choice of function, bezel and sub dials.

Inner time zone bezel, ok get that for a world timer.

Tachymeter bezel, why?

3 sub dials represent 3 planets they say (2 actually Earth & Mars, Moon is not a planet) but why these 3, Earth I can understand but what has Mars & the Moon got to do with World Time Zones?

So Peter says , but he might just be making it up.
An internet search of Fields Senior ( Antoni Fields as per the Swan and Edgar website ) suggests an unsuccessful property developer rather than a watchmaker.

That's very true.

I notice he was banned from being a company director for a period of time for unpaid corporation taxes when a director of Oberon properties.

Think his journey into being a "watchmaker" is fairly recently, Him and Stuart Ivan Landau, registered "Globenfeld" as a trademark a few years ago, although it's just Stuart Ivan Landau that is listed as a director of Globenfeld ltd, and Stuart Ivan Landau is also a director of Barkers of kensington which the young Fields is connected with. Antoni and Stuart Ivan Landau have both been directors together in numerous companies over the years.

He's also listed as a Director of Swiss Watches Worldwide LTD, address is the same a his son's Fields Luxury Ltd. Although don't think it actually does anything.

I notice that the two were involved in a few companies over the years that were classed as advertising agencies for TV & media, although non successful by the looks of it, wonder if there is where the connection with Martin was.

So it looks like the Fields became 3rd and 4th generation "watchmakers" around the same time. :ROFLMAO:

I saw the Edgar & Swan man on with Simon Peter last night, briefly. The cheap watc..er.. glorious and sublime quality timepieces representative from a shop that isn't there anymore, told Simon he was holding his Huawei upside down, which indeed he was. You would think he would know how to hold it after all those years using in that position? Put it this way - he was NOT best pleased with the intervention.

I saw the Edgar & Swan man on with Simon Peter last night, briefly. The cheap watc..er.. glorious and sublime quality timepieces representative from a shop that isn't there anymore, told Simon he was holding his Huawei upside down, which indeed he was. You would think he would know how to hold it after all those years using in that position? Put it this way - he was NOT best pleased with the intervention.

I saw that, was probably the only factually correct thing the watch guy said during the whole program.

Reading back my FB I found these...Just thought I'd share some of my fave Peter S gold nuggets from 2014...

"The surprise of surprise is the absolute opulence of the mysteries of Golddigga." (Peter Simon Bid Tv 2014)

"History is especially fascinating if you're someone like me and is fascinated by it"

"They're very feminine, they're very chic, and these embezzle"

"It's a neckchain that's as timeless as time itself"

"You have this whisper wind of summer morn of a bird ready to start a family, nested with not only a perseverance, an endeavour..."

Latest posts

Back