Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Couple of nights back, Peter S presenting the exercise bike show said this ...

'A mean, ya jus can't get hold of these for love nor money, can ya?!?'

Or to that effect. The exercise / coffee maker guru agreed with Peter. Next day, Paul B presenting the very same item and what do they do? A price comparison with two other retailers SELLING THAT MAKE/MODEL OF BIKE!!!.

But me confused. Peter 'honest as the day is long' Simon stated the previous night these bikes couldn't be had anywhere else. Me thinks Peter must have been fed duff information cause he's way too honest a presenter to tell porkies ...

;)

Can't remember the make of watch they were selling last night, but my goodness some of them looked genuinely cheap and tacky. Who buys these things?!? One was called the Ambassador or something and the guest started spouting some GUFF about its design cues and ethos coming from what made Britain great, or something like that. It looked passible in the silver/chrome or whatever it was, but my goodness the IP plated gold version looked like plastic tat you'd get in a grabber machine in an arcade.

And I LOVE how they spout on about IP plating the same way they spout on about bonded leather :)

When I saw the VW Beetle opening night of IW back in 2001, was it? I knew this was going to be the funniest thing on television for years to come - or the few weeks it lasted. 20 years or so later it is still here and still provides the biggest laugh on TV at times. My wife tells me I must have a screw loose watching it. I tell her she simply doesn't know what she is missing.

Can't remember the make of watch they were selling last night, but my goodness some of them looked genuinely cheap and tacky. Who buys these things?!? One was called the Ambassador or something and the guest started spouting some GUFF about its design cues and ethos coming from what made Britain great, or something like that. It looked passible in the silver/chrome or whatever it was, but my goodness the IP plated gold version looked like plastic tat you'd get in a grabber machine in an arcade.

And I LOVE how they spout on about IP plating the same way they spout on about bonded leather :)
Swan & Edgar, on again at 1/2 seven if you missed any you really want:D

Swan & Edgar so good the Chinese are copying them
1597087815237.png

Why would you want to wear something that pays "homage" to a taxi? The Hackney with scratch and sniff function. Relive that night out, with lamb kebab infused leatherette strap, a whiff of Lynx, mixed with Vanilla magic tree, a suggestion of vomit. Bonus function this timepiece will ask you if you've had a good night. With a black dial black numerals and black glass, so you've no idea of the time...it could be miles out...but you'll know you've paid over the odds for the privilege.

Fraudster on price and free gift Complexity deal – “I try not to talk too much about it anymore, as it just upsets me too much, and I get into a lot of trouble as well. I’ve been told not to comment on it too much, I won’t comment, I’ll just quietly sulk.”

Shaun – “Do you and your dad always get along BTW?”

Fraudster – “Not with these prices, because he designs these and he just kills me when we see the prices.

Just imagine how the poor person, in a sweat shop in China, who originally designed the watch feels, seeing you and your father claiming credit for his work and charging 4 times the price.:rolleyes:

As for the rest, what a load of nonsense; Why would you be upset and sulk, you’ve sold the watches to IW at a price, whether you think IW are charging too little on top of that, should make no difference to you as you still get the money you agreed with IW to buy your watches from you.

As for getting into trouble, you’re the one and only Director of the Company, the boss, so who would be slaughtering you?

Why would you want to wear something that pays "homage" to a taxi? The Hackney with scratch and sniff function. Relive that night out, with lamb kebab infused leatherette strap, a whiff of Lynx, mixed with Vanilla magic tree, a suggestion of vomit. Bonus function this timepiece will ask you if you've had a good night. With a black dial black numerals and black glass, so you've no idea of the time...it could be miles out...but you'll know you've paid over the odds for the privilege.

Even bigger laugh is it's called the Hackney Contrast Timer, think the name is supposed to make you think it's a chronograph, it has two sub dials made to look like chronograph dials, but are just day and month sub dials, the chronograph numbers are just there for show.

Even bigger laugh is it's called the Hackney Contrast Timer, think the name is supposed to make you think it's a chronograph, it has two sub dials made to look like chronograph dials, but are just day and month sub dials, the chronograph numbers are just there for show.
Not forgetting the "tachometer" that isn't🤣

You know, i'm a bit miffed off, really not happy. :mad:
I've a sizable collection (really tooooo many, must stop:eek::LOL:) and 90% of my watches are way better quality than most of the watches sold on IW, even my cheaper watches are better than a lot of the crap, yet NO ONE has every stopped me in the street, a shop, a bar, an elevator, on holiday etc and asked to see my watch. While everyone on IW has been stopped multiple times by complete strangers and asked to see and know about their cheap Chinese watches, I'm really confused, what i'm i doing wrong, why does no one want to see my watches? :confused::unsure::LOL:

Latest posts

Back