Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's be Noddy tomorrow, with Cerruti 1881, another high end, Italian luxury fashion watch brand, owned and made by the Chinese. :LOL:

Also laughed at Shaun tonight, when the fraudster was on about the low prices and how Swan & Edgar don't have advertising costs and they don't pay celebs to wear their watches, Shaun said I'm with you there. Thought to myself that's strange, because Shaun's not slow in mentioning celebs and their connection with other watch brands during shows on IW.

You know, i'm a bit miffed off, really not happy. :mad:
I've a sizable collection (really tooooo many, must stop:eek::LOL:) and 90% of my watches are way better quality than most of the watches sold on IW, even my cheaper watches are better than a lot of the crap, yet NO ONE has every stopped me in the street, a shop, a bar, an elevator, on holiday etc and asked to see my watch. While everyone on IW has been stopped multiple times by complete strangers and asked to see and know about their cheap Chinese watches, I'm really confused, what i'm i doing wrong, why does no one want to see my watches? :confused::unsure::LOL:
Peter was approached by a stranger who wanted to buy his Vostok , whilst Meltdown Mike was accosted by no less than five admirers of his Vostok in the bar in Greece.
Kevin has an autopilot response which goes 'people will ask you about this , in the bar or down the golf club, in the bar or down the golf club , in the bar or down the golf club ........ ' Somebody nudge Kevin -he's stuck !!!!!

Sally Jacks tonight when referring to a hardfloor cleaner's stock level: "We have called limited before now but we found more stock" (can be heard here at 38:37).

YEAH, WHATEVER

Then it was Shaun selling long-defunct therefore fake department store-branded watches with fake 'British' design and more "rapidly approaching limited stock" fakery. Fake, fake, fake, fake, fake. FAKE.

You know, i'm a bit miffed off, really not happy. :mad:
I've a sizable collection (really tooooo many, must stop:eek::LOL:) and 90% of my watches are way better quality than most of the watches sold on IW, even my cheaper watches are better than a lot of the crap, yet NO ONE has every stopped me in the street, a shop, a bar, an elevator, on holiday etc and asked to see my watch. While everyone on IW has been stopped multiple times by complete strangers and asked to see and know about their cheap Chinese watches, I'm really confused, what i'm i doing wrong, why does no one want to see my watches? :confused::unsure::LOL:
I ALWAYS check out a mans watch and shoes; you can usually tell a lot about them.

Having said that, my Ex has recently inherited some money. He's always wanted a TAG so booked an appt at Banks Lyon in Lancaster. Wearing his "scruffs", on the way he called at Ernest Jones, but they were so snotty and dismissive. Anyway he bought the Aston Martin Red Bull TAG at Banks Lyon. On the way home, he went back to Ernest Jones and had his own "Pretty Woman" moment. "Is Sir interested in anything we can offer?"
😁😁😁

Peter was approached by a stranger who wanted to buy his Vostok , whilst Meltdown Mike was accosted by no less than five admirers of his Vostok in the bar in Greece.
Kevin has an autopilot response which goes 'people will ask you about this , in the bar or down the golf club, in the bar or down the golf club , in the bar or down the golf club ........ ' Somebody nudge Kevin -he's stuck !!!!!
I'm sorry to disappoint you and others on here who poke fun about this. I'll have you know, I walked in to my local supermarket last week wearing a watch I bought from IW. After just 5 minutes, 3 people stopped me to enquire about my timepiece. They said ...

'WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!? IT'S HIDEOUS!!! YOU'VE PUT US OFF OUR LUNCH!!!'

... they then chased me out of the store, however I was able to make a safe getaway on my eBike that I bought from IW. Once that engine kicks in ... WHOOOOOOOOSH :)

Shaun - "think of all those people who have worn and endorsed Police eye wear."

That contradicts what you said last night Shaun. :rolleyes:

BTW we had a lovely ghost of Peter Simon Steinhart special edition recently, which was brilliantly done (y), thought it was only fair that Noddy should have his own special edition watch too, limited too one so highly collectable and must be insured. :D

IMG_20200811_214622-crop.jpg

Shaun - "you will own an incredible luxurious timepiece" :ROFLMAO:

Ok I'm going to say this and of course some might not agree, because i'm insulting IW customers, but i'm really starting to believe, actually no I'm convinced, that quite a few of these watch brands, and we all know who they are, producing so called high precision Luxury watches at bargain prices, have cottoned on to the fact that many of Ideal world's watch collectors are really, really ignorant when it comes to watches/watch brands and have realised there is an absolute killing to be made by taking advantage of that ignorance.
Of course it's the IW customers fault for their own ignorance, but by christ IW, their presenters, guests and these brands are only to eager to take advantage of their customer's ignorance, with some really deceitful behavior.

Swan and Edgar show last night was pure comedy. Shaun was holding the Timeguarder watch and when he moved , the minute hand of the watch spun round freely. Obviously a quality product !

Shaun - "you will own an incredible luxurious timepiece" :ROFLMAO:

Ok I'm going to say this and of course some might not agree, because i'm insulting IW customers, but i'm really starting to believe, actually no I'm convinced, that quite a few of these watch brands, and we all know who they are, producing so called high precision Luxury watches at bargain prices, have cottoned on to the fact that many of Ideal world's watch collectors are really, really ignorant when it comes to watches/watch brands and have realised there is an absolute killing to be made by taking advantage of that ignorance.
Of course it's the IW customers fault for their own ignorance, but by christ IW, their presenters, guests and these brands are only to eager to take advantage of their customer's ignorance, with some really deceitful behavior.
I'll just say this, they (IW) know their market ...

Hammy's touched on this. It's actually scary when you look at sites like Alibaba. They have watches, including automatics, some of which that appear to look every bit as good as some of the 'heritage brands' IW sell. Okay I can't comment on the movements etc, however on the surface they appear to be very similar. And when you see the prices they can be had for, even the 'sale' prices on IW are hardly bargains … and as for the RRPs!!!

This is the thing, even in this day and age many folk don't know about sites like Alibaba and if they do, many won't make the connection. It really brings home to you just how much guff they spout about these 'brands.'

Mike M up to his usual Del Boy tactics when selling a smartphone tonight. However I think he excelled himself, got up to £1200 and even touched on the sum £1500. Then, surprise surprise, the smartphone they're selling (Huawei P40 lite I think) is going for £149.99.

Then we have the woman that promotes a certain beauty brand, telling us how we need to rotate our beauty regime 3-4 times a year. This may or may not be a valid thing to say, however the cynic in me thinks 'marketing ploy' and why, if these products are SO good, does the woman in question evidently have a LOT of cosmetic facial assistance? And I don't mean just achieved by pills and potions.

And my Duchess only ever used the most expensive cosmetic brand in the whole world, and Juliette Hasbeen, said hey Mike give your Duchess this we sell it really cheap, but it’s soo good, I took it home to Duchess, ooh Barra Boy she said, You know I dont use cheap stuff, only mine with Double Cavare, when my Duchess tried it she went ooh wow, this is great.

But what he forgot to say was, if we ever stop selling Liz Grant stuff, you will have to change brand.

Whenever a shopping telly presenter says the words 'my mum' you know a barefaced lie is going to follow.
A classic of the genre last night from the Elixinol bloke - Birkett ????
He claims his mum 'my mum' tried fifteen different brands of CBD oil before settling on Elixinol- 'and this before I was with the company!'
What a preposterous load of rubbish-every word of it.
They like to mum up the CBD oil to push it as a benign product for little old ladies -'just tell 'em yer mum takes it !'
Becque was also mumming it up -'my mum takes it for her aches and pains' he claims.
Hilarious.

De Knees was selling ebikes once saying 'I have a friend, I have a friend who lives abroad ...oh it's Spain hahahaha'

As she was telling this story, a review came on the screen from a woman in Spain praising the bike.

So obviously De Knees didn't hear the producer in her ear properly, that's why she said 'abroad' and she didn't realise the review was coming up on screen, she thought she had to make up a yarn about a 'friend'.

Yes they're hilarious.

Whenever a shopping telly presenter says the words 'my mum' you know a barefaced lie is going to follow.
A classic of the genre last night from the Elixinol bloke - Birkett ????
He claims his mum 'my mum' tried fifteen different brands of CBD oil before settling on Elixinol- 'and this before I was with the company!'
What a preposterous load of rubbish-every word of it.
They like to mum up the CBD oil to push it as a benign product for little old ladies -'just tell 'em yer mum takes it !'
Becque was also mumming it up -'my mum takes it for her aches and pains' he claims.
Hilarious.

Why would we take heed of anything he says anyway? Especially when it comes to stuff you ingest. Was he not shilling vacuums etc a few years back?!?

Latest posts

Back