Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Some marvellous new reviews of Ideal World on Trustpilot. “Your service is excellent and nothing.” A great title for a review from 1950s Carry On supporting player, Norma Frew (Up). Norma (probably Colin from Littlehampton) goes from strength to strength review wise from her Ideal triumph of the pen. Her five stars review of the Patient Claim Line entitled “Negligence” is crystal clear in meaning and fascinating to read - all 15 words of it.

Think we are going to see a spurt of reviews every few days, after someone had posted about the sudden appearance of 5 star reviews they stopped for 5 days and started again yesterday, and now that someone has posted about the new reviews they may stop for another few days.

Hope you followed Peter's advice and insured your collection. ;) :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I did, what of it?!? Ok so it's added £500 to my premium this year due to all the additions/changes I've made to my policy ... money well spent I say! I thought the insurance guy on the phone laughed when I said I wanted to insure a Swan & Edgar watch but he assured me he was just coughing. Probably jealous.

Shona – “The Emma mattress and all the sleep science and technology that has gone into the original Emma mattress, means it is the perfect mattress for absolutely everyone.”

Nope, no way can you make that claim.

Dennice – “the beauty of shopping Emma original mattress from Idea World, well you get 200 nights, so 200 night sleep trial to actually make up your mind.”

That’s wrong too, as someone on Trustpilot found out when contacting IW with a complaint re Emma mattress and told to go to Emma, you’re not shopping from Ideal World, you’re shopping from EMMA. And you would get 200 nights whether you heard of Emma through IW or not.

IW don’t sell Emma mattresses, they just rent out their studio & presenters to produce a program advertising Emma products.

I also love how they make the returns process out to be 100% straightforward. I've seen reviews where people have said Emma were quite (sometimes very) reluctant to take the mattress back. But hey, Haley and Shaun say it's the best bit of foam you can ever imagine sleeping on, and they are two people I trust to be very honest and objective, so hardly any probably get returned.

You know with IW presenters, who never fail to reminds us they buy and use all the IW products, like fitness equipment, fitness gear that reduces cellulite and aids circulation, health aiding supplements like protocol & CBD, anti-aging skin & beauty care like Elizabeth Grant, Fabulift & Crystal clear, healthy eating like Jane plan, you would think they would be the fittest, healthiest and best looking presenters on the go, so what the hell went wrong? :confused:😁
This ties in with what a complete load of bull the whole thing is if you take time to analyse it. They (the presenters) should be almost god-like in their appearance given they can use all this stuff first hand.

The wifey selling Elizabeth Grant that has a face as tight as a drum. But if the product's that good ...???

The guy shilling protocol tabs that 'improve hair growth' but looks distinctly as though he's had hair transplant surgery ... ???

I also love how they make the returns process out to be 100% straightforward. I've seen reviews where people have said Emma were quite (sometimes very) reluctant to take the mattress back. But hey, Haley and Shaun say it's the best bit of foam you can ever imagine sleeping on, and they are two people I trust to be very honest and objective, so hardly any probably get returned.

One thing that has always annoyed me is they keep saying, take it home, test drive it and if not happy return it, we have a no quibble money back guarantee sometimes followed by a quick muted T&Cs are on the web site, but lots of time they don't mention the T&Cs. The very fact there is T&Cs means that the "no quibble" part is false.

This ties in with what a complete load of bull the whole thing is if you take time to analyse it. They (the presenters) should be almost god-like in their appearance given they can use all this stuff first hand.

The wifey selling Elizabeth Grant that has a face as tight as a drum. But if the product's that good ...???

The guy shilling protocol tabs that 'improve hair growth' but looks distinctly as though he's had hair transplant surgery ... ???

He has.

That’s wrong too, as someone on Trustpilot found out when contacting IW with a complaint re Emma mattress and told to go to Emma, you’re not shopping from Ideal World, you’re shopping from EMMA. And you would get 200 nights whether you heard of Emma through IW or not.

IW don’t sell Emma mattresses, they just rent out their studio & presenters to produce a program advertising Emma products.
I've seen a lot of complaints online about the Emma mattress. I wonder how far somebody would get with Trading Standards with regard to Ideal World not actually selling them the mattress? IW don't make it clear that they aren't the retailer in the shows other than a directing you to the Emma website instead of their own. They don't have a disclaimer on screen. They use their own presenters and demonstrators rather than Emma employees (a brand ambassador isn't an employee if they're already a presenter on the channel). Also it's still an Ideal World branded show, not exclusively Emma. If I buy something from a shopping channel, just as if I bought something on the high street, then to me they are the retailer.

Apologies if it's already been mentioned (I haven't had time to read the previous posts) but a few days ago - I think it was during a Reign watch show - did anyone else hear simon say something along the lines of "this brand is notorious for its quality"? (He did use the word notorious.)

A Freudian slip perhaps?!

Think we are going to see a spurt of reviews every few days, after someone had posted about the sudden appearance of 5 star reviews they stopped for 5 days and started again yesterday, and now that someone has posted about the new reviews they may stop for another few days.
If statistics are your thing then I would recommend, purely for amusement, drilling down into the stats and graphs which show where IWs reviews come from. From zero month after month there is now a huge upward surge in invited reviews. It is as though someone has just seen the potential to improve the overall rating of IW as there is also a spike in 'Excellent' and some more modest 'Good' from these chosen few. They are a shower as an organisation, no wonder brands who want to protect their image have left them. I know that it is what presenters sign up for but to hear them actually bragging about a 14 day money back guarantee was pathetic. At least that has been extended due to the Covid but their reticence to refund customers is shocking. As for a two hundred nights sleep trial - it is very tempting but a voice inside me assures me that its going to take a lot of effort to get them to come and take it back and still more for one of their chosen carriers to arrive at the door to take it. Then would they actually record that they received it and so a refund should be made?
Does anyone else remember when IW went up in flames? Memories!!

I've seen a lot of complaints online about the Emma mattress. I wonder how far somebody would get with Trading Standards with regard to Ideal World not actually selling them the mattress? IW don't make it clear that they aren't the retailer in the shows other than a directing you to the Emma website instead of their own. They don't have a disclaimer on screen. They use their own presenters and demonstrators rather than Emma employees (a brand ambassador isn't an employee if they're already a presenter on the channel). Also it's still an Ideal World branded show, not exclusively Emma. If I buy something from a shopping channel, just as if I bought something on the high street, then to me they are the retailer.
Back off Nellykins … BACK OFF!!!

Spooky Shaun has assured us with a creepy smile that Emma mattresses are GREAT and I for one believe him. Okay so Emma sent him and his other half Hayley a mattress for free to try out and yes, he maybe presents for IW who are paying him, but this guy knows home furnishings and bedding like I know Pot Noodles and chocolate bars ... so BACK THE HECK OFF!!! Got it?!? Yes quite a few people give reviews saying the mattresses aren't that great but they're obviously just not sleeping on them correctly!

;)

Hi Cheeky Chappie, it's Ferrari cars here. Quick question for you. If we were to give you one of our cars, for free, and cover insurance, fuel and maintenance cost for three years, would you be happy to provide a review on the car? You can of course be as objective as you like. How did we get your name? Oh, we're very friendly with your boss ...

If statistics are your thing then I would recommend, purely for amusement, drilling down into the stats and graphs which show where IWs reviews come from. From zero month after month there is now a huge upward surge in invited reviews. It is as though someone has just seen the potential to improve the overall rating of IW as there is also a spike in 'Excellent' and some more modest 'Good' from these chosen few. They are a shower as an organisation, no wonder brands who want to protect their image have left them. I know that it is what presenters sign up for but to hear them actually bragging about a 14 day money back guarantee was pathetic. At least that has been extended due to the Covid but their reticence to refund customers is shocking. As for a two hundred nights sleep trial - it is very tempting but a voice inside me assures me that its going to take a lot of effort to get them to come and take it back and still more for one of their chosen carriers to arrive at the door to take it. Then would they actually record that they received it and so a refund should be made?
Does anyone else remember when IW went up in flames? Memories!!

Thanks for that, didn't realise the page had a link to graphs etc. It's very interesting to see how it's only 4 & 5 star manual invited reviews that have risen so sharply in August. It's pretty obvious that it's only hand picked customers that are being manually invited to review, which kinda defeats the whole point of the review process.
Although there sudden increase in positive reviews hasn't made too much of a difference to their overall score, they only gone up .1, from 1.6 to 1.7 in the last month.

Elizabeth Grant lady if anybody thinks that has got her face like it is, is kidding themselves, she can’t hardly move her face for the work she has had done
It's strange cause when you look at her hands ... which must have been plastered with this product over the years ... they reflect the age she probably is. Not quite sure what that says about this 'wonder product.'

I strongly suspect, if you took identical twins, exposed them to the same lifestyle for their entire life, gave one simple moisturiser to use and the other tons and tons of 'miracle products' ... both twins would look the same x decades down the line :) Actually I'm pretty sure there have been studies that show simple moisturiser does do every bit as good.

Fools and their £££ are easy parted as the saying goes.

Interesting to see they (Elizabeth Grant) feature on QVC USA. Wonder if they've tried to get on QVC UK? And ain't it funny how selly telly loves to tell us we DON'T need to buy x different cleaning products (they all do the same thing they tell us) however they're more than happy to tell us we need different creams for different parts of our body and different times of the day.

It's all marketing GUFF I tell you :)

I don't know what we call him so lets just say the bald one (its a term that he uses about himself). So this evening he opened a presentation on Elizabeth Grant by saying that this product wasn't good, it was perfect!!! This claim is because in a German trial 100% of the testers judged that they had some specified improvements so the product is PERFECT.
All totally convincing except for the fact that the sample size was 20. 20!! This was disclosed by the on screen graphics so was there any deception? He must be laughing at the audience! I could never do sales myself so have to accept that there is a 'type' of person who is content to dupe others in order to influence them to part with their hard earned money,. Of course we all know that claims of cosmetic preparations are always to be taken with a huge pinch of seasoning.
Personally I don't get it that customers can accept that a product has a usual price in excess of £200 but that IW can push it out at £40. Except of course that it highlights the ridiculous margins that can be made in this sector. All this with free P&P and easy pay!

Apologies if it's already been mentioned (I haven't had time to read the previous posts) but a few days ago - I think it was during a Reign watch show - did anyone else hear simon say something along the lines of "this brand is notorious for its quality"? (He did use the word notorious.)

A Freudian slip perhaps?!
Yes, I heard that too:D Wonder what guff we hear tonight about those wonderful pieces of horology, Thomas Earnshaw. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back