Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CCCP Gent's Sputnik-1 Chronograph Watch

Peter – “is there a Slava movement in this watch.”

A so called WATCH EXPERT – “this is the Sputnik, so it’s a quartz movement, the SLAVA quartz chronograph movement.”

It actually contains the Seiko VD51.

And to think he works for the Dartmouth brands, which is owned by Solar Time (Hong Kong), who are also the owners of CCCP.

Thanks for that, didn't realise the page had a link to graphs etc. It's very interesting to see how it's only 4 & 5 star manual invited reviews that have risen so sharply in August. It's pretty obvious that it's only hand picked customers that are being manually invited to review, which kinda defeats the whole point of the review process.
Although there sudden increase in positive reviews hasn't made too much of a difference to their overall score, they only gone up .1, from 1.6 to 1.7 in the last month.
I know that this is the wrong forum but I have seen that the 'invited' reviews have made a similar appearance on the Create and Craft pages on Trust Pilot. Seems to me that C&C don't really need it. When they are criticised it seems that it is mostly about delays in dispatch or refunds due to insufficient stock rather than anything that we are used to on IW.
TBH I forget that C&C are from the same stable as IW as they are poles apart. Unless someone creepy from IW is doing an extra shift of C&C to generally bring the tone down.

The Watch expert on the Infinity "Swiss" watches- "Sellita chronograph movements, Swiss Sellita Quartz chronograph"

Really, I think somebody should tell Sellita they are making quartz movements, because I don't think they know that.:ROFLMAO:

Another fraud.

I see there are another load of invited reviews on trustpilot to try and pump up the rating, but a quick search came up with idealworld paying for extra trustpilot features like asking certain customers to leave reviews but it is manually done so they obviously only ask for 4/5 stars the cheating buggers.
I had a look, they are so obviously fake and completely over the top. Wouldn't fool me for a minute!

Where do they get the RRPs from
There's a well used selly telly / industry algorithm for this.

1. Use the actual proposed selling price as the starting figure e.g. £150.
2. Multiply that figure by 3 e.g. 3 x £150 = £450.
3. Double that figure e.g. 2 x £450 = £900.
4. Deduct the mandatory 'we're totally taking the p1ss out of the viewing public' figure, currently set at £25, so e.g. £900 - £25 = £875.

Voila! I give you an RRP :)

The Watch expert on the Infinity "Swiss" watches- "Sellita chronograph movements, Swiss Sellita Quartz chronograph"

Really, I think somebody should tell Sellita they are making quartz movements, because I don't think they know that.:ROFLMAO:

Another fraud.
This is part of the problem. Because the (high) majority of the viewing public don't know about watches in-depth, they can … and do … spout any old guff.

On a flippant note, I love it when Peter says either CCP or CCCCP instead of the actual name!!! :) :) :)

Hawker Hurricane, vertical take-off:unsure: WTF

It's actually mind-boggling the idiotic stuff they come out with, they really must be thick as mince.

Also noticed while he had the Infinity Swiss watch and was trying to pull up the level instead of pushing. He was determined it lifts up until the guy told him it was a pusher.:ROFLMAO:

The other thing is these are older AVI-8 models, been on sale for a few years, so probably one of the reasons they've got them cheaper.

This is part of the problem. Because the (high) majority of the viewing public don't know about watches in-depth, they can … and do … spout any old guff.

On a flippant note, I love it when Peter says either CCP or CCCCP instead of the actual name!!! :) :) :)

Yes, it's pretty obvious that IW and their guests are fully aware of this and taking maximum advantage of it.

I hopped on just now and they're doing the Beldray floor cleaner. I noticed the mop & bucket prop. Didn't bother to keep watching but no doubt they'll be doing the usual thing of saying how the water stinks and will be using a very old dirty mop head. Then they'll half-heartedly squeeze the water out to ensure maximum dirty water is left on the floor. Cause that's what the majority of people do that still use a mop & bucket. They never replace or clean the mop head and they just keep it in the same dirty water week in week out. And they never bother to squeeze it out properly.

I'm not saying the Beldray isn't a better solution than a traditional mop & bucket, it very possibly is. But don't insult our intelligence by suggesting everyone uses stinking mop heads and filthy dirty water. I used to clean a fish & chip shop tiled floor with a mop & bucket many moons ago and let me assure you, it did the job very well … and the mop head never stunk!!!

I see the Vostok show tonight is not the new Gaz 14s which i first though, but just a Chrono version of the Energia. I don't know what is the appeal in these monster size waches are, like having a huge piece of bling on your wrist, of course maybe IW presenters like that sort of thing so folks will notice what they are wearing. And £900 (IP gold) and £750 (SS) for a watch that has a £25 movement in it is a bit steep. But it is 300 mtr water resistant, which is just as well, wear that thing on your wrist while swimming and there is only one direction you'll be heading, down, down, deeper and down. :ROFLMAO:

I hopped on just now and they're doing the Beldray floor cleaner. I noticed the mop & bucket prop. Didn't bother to keep watching but no doubt they'll be doing the usual thing of saying how the water stinks and will be using a very old dirty mop head. Then they'll half-heartedly squeeze the water out to ensure maximum dirty water is left on the floor. Cause that's what the majority of people do that still use a mop & bucket. They never replace or clean the mop head and they just keep it in the same dirty water week in week out. And they never bother to squeeze it out properly.

I'm not saying the Beldray isn't a better solution than a traditional mop & bucket, it very possibly is. But don't insult our intelligence by suggesting everyone uses stinking mop heads and filthy dirty water. I used to clean a fish & chip shop tiled floor with a mop & bucket many moons ago and let me assure you, it did the job very well … and the mop head never stunk!!!
Cheeky Chappie, I remember on Bid TV some years back Mike Mason was selling something like the Beldray. He said that anybody who used an old fashioned mop and bucket was smearing filth and bacteria over the floor endangering young children. My elderly mum was so insensed by this she would have punched him from here to next Saturday had he been in the same room!

I started shouting again at the telly during last nights extravaganza, so much so, I turned over with 20 mins to go, couldn't watch any more. :rolleyes: So, a bottle chilling in the fridge ready to keep me calm for the "Vostoks" :ROFLMAO:

I'll miss tonight's show (although will record for later), Europa league qualifying round tonight, no crowds allowed so have to be content with watching our home games on PC, so throw an odd insult at your TV for me. ;):ROFLMAO:

If I'm the one in the wrong please tell me. Peter S when saying to the viewer 'If you want to be the first ...' said something like:

'If you want to be uno gratsio ...'

Uno gratsio?!? I'm assuming he meant Italian, so uno is 'one' but as for gratsio … what the heck?!?

The guy's a Class A buffoon. And as for starting off selling a plastic box for £400 … ha ha HAAaaa :) :) :)

And STOP bleating on about all the favours Egor and Vostok are doing for IW and the viewer. It's US that are doing THEM the favour by buying the stuff you muppets!!!

Latest posts

Back