Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tell you something would be interesting to see what the sell figures were like during the Nighttime hours on ITV.

Shaun Ryan has said it has given them thousands of new customers.

When it was hot and couldn’t sleep, I watched the output once or twice, they basically talked about one product for 3 hours

So a normal day at the office. Talk crap about 1 product forever. Then dormeo comes on for more crap talk for the rest of the day.

Me confused again :(

The keep fit / coffee bean expert was selling an eBike last night, £999. He was praising IW for getting hold of these bikes as … here it comes … due to the current climate they simply can't be had anywhere.

Strange. I gave Halfords (other retailers available!) a quick check and they have eBikes in stock from £649, including ones of similar style to the model IW were selling last night!!!

Why do they insist in talking absolute tripe? It's verging on outright lying. Do they not realise we have access to that Internet thingy and can very quickly check retailers, globally, to do price and stock comparisons etc. Muppets. It's viewers that don't have the Internet and aren't savvy that I feel sorry for. More chance of them falling for the verbal guff these presenters spout.

Me confused again :(

The keep fit / coffee bean expert was selling an eBike last night, £999. He was praising IW for getting hold of these bikes as … here it comes … due to the current climate they simply can't be had anywhere.

Strange. I gave Halfords (other retailers available!) a quick check and they have eBikes in stock from £649, including ones of similar style to the model IW were selling last night!!!

Why do they insist in talking absolute tripe? It's verging on outright lying. Do they not realise we have access to that Internet thingy and can very quickly check retailers, globally, to do price and stock comparisons etc. Muppets. It's viewers that don't have the Internet and aren't savvy that I feel sorry for. More chance of them falling for the verbal guff these presenters spout.

At the start of Covid, when China was having problems, and suddenly exports from China slowed, then it looked like there could be big delays in products for a long time, but China managed to contain the virus quicker than everyone expected and everything opened up really quick again, places like Aliexpress etc hardly missed a heartbeat, mostly just had to wait slightly longer till items were dispatched due to less staff at the start, but again back to normal in no time.
Ideal World used the excuse early on, with bikes, watches etc and have to continue to use it so as to make folks think oh, better buy now may be a long time till more stock. It's like most of their sales tactics, overused and well past it's sell by date.:ROFLMAO:

Hayley - "stock is getting so low, so low in stock, the ones we are warning you about is the double, that has been the most popular and we are now at 40%, and we had thousands, 40% of the stock now sold out and gone."

Speak about over dramatisation, they've been boring us for 5 days with endless Dormeo shows and now they are worried about low stock cause they've sold 40%. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hayley - "stock is getting so low, so low in stock, the ones we are warning you about is the double, that has been the most popular and we are now at 40%, and we had thousands, 40% of the stock now sold out and gone."

Speak about over dramatisation, they've been boring us for 5 days with endless Dormeo shows and now they are worried about low stock cause they've sold 40%. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
As I've said before why be worried about low stock, not that it is low anyway, however it is their job to sell and surely they should be ecstatic about low stock because it means they've done their selling job well.

Hayley - "want to sleep better? well we'll tell you why the wellsleep hydbrid is that perfect matress, for, well virtually everyone."

Yeah, everyone except you and Shaun. :rolleyes:
Yeah I have it on as I type. Just waiting for some genuinely objective presenting from Hayley. I'm sure at some point she'll be objective and transparent and say along the lines of 'yes this Dormeo might be good, however for myself and Shaun the Emma mattress edges it.' I'm sure she'll say this at some point, I'll let you know when.

It's pathetic. If it was known they weren't doing the item again for at least 6 months then ok, bleat on about low stock with a sense of urgency. However, given IW essentially sell the same items day in day out, even a single cell organism would know there's absolutely NO urgency whatsoever ... none ... diddly squat.

As I've said before why be worried about low stock, not that it is low anyway, however it is their job to sell and surely they should be ecstatic about low stock because it means they've done their selling job well.

I know, it's really weird when they act all upset that stock is selling really well or sold out, most normal folk would be really happy and move on and try and sell something else, more sales more money, but for some reason at IW it's disappointing to sell out.

I noticed when watching a bit of QVC the other night, they mentioned checking out your basket. However they added something about 'you have x minutes to complete your order, otherwise the item might be removed and sold to someone else.' It might have been 20 minutes of a buffer. Of course, this is common practice e.g. when buying tickets for a show the website might say 'please complete your order within ...' and there'll be a countdown timer. If you don't, your tickets are released and you need to start again.

Do IW offer a time buffer or do they lift items from baskets whenever they like e.g. even it's only been in your basket for 30 secs? I heard Paul B say last night that 20 people had lost an item from their baskets and of course he stated the importance of 'checking out.'

If they offer no time buffer at all (e.g. even 5 minutes) this seems unfair to me. You might be watching e.g. a watch show and want to order 3 items over the course of the 45 minute show. But you might want to wait for the demos. Are they expecting the viewer to complete, in this example, 3 separate checkouts to ensure you don't lose an item? Seems ridiculous if that's what you have to do to ensure you don't lose an item.

Yeah I have it on as I type. Just waiting for some genuinely objective presenting from Hayley. I'm sure at some point she'll be objective and transparent and say along the lines of 'yes this Dormeo might be good, however for myself and Shaun the Emma mattress edges it.' I'm sure she'll say this at some point, I'll let you know when.

Objective is not a word in the Ideal world dictionary. ;):ROFLMAO:

It's pathetic. If it was known they weren't doing the item again for at least 6 months then ok, bleat on about low stock with a sense of urgency. However, given IW essentially sell the same items day in day out, even a single cell organism would know there's absolutely NO urgency whatsoever ... none ... diddly squat.

As you say, if it was a special item never to be repeated then maybe, but these mattresses are one of their (and Dormeos) bread & butter products, no chance of them disappearing anytime soon. Which makes these over dramatic pleas too check out even more ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back