Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Such is the weight of some watches IW sell (weight = quality as we all know) they now put a warning sticker on the box strongly advising wearers to alternate what arm they wear the watch on. If wearing on one arm only, this happens after just 1 month ...

muscles.jpg

I caught a short spell of the Vostok (Swan & Edgar closed in 1982) Grand Imperium of All Extravaganzas Only One Left (we only ordered one, in 2008) Show last night. SR was saying the very opposite of Bob Geldof in that he loves Mondays. And he loves Mondays because it is the day he can insert himself in Kevin Reynolds’s regular slot and bring us all of these magnificent here today, gone tomorrow, back again next Monday watc...er..timepieces. Marvellous.

He then showed us the IW watches website pages and told us: “Everything coming up on the show can be found here.” It certainly looked like he was right on that going by the pages and pages of them to go through. All those ‘they are flying out the door’ examples from previous one off specials from years gone by, still there to order. In fact, a Vostok Loonycod I purchased in about 2017 when there were only three left was shown as part of his web browse. The same three, I wondered?? Suddenly my watch lost its I was really lucky to get that feeling in one click. They then moved on to a huge version of the plastic box my Lunokhod arrived in all those years ago. This box looked the size of a small suitcase and appeared to hold scores of watches, and I think they said it was £360. £360? A nice enough container, but £360? I would love to know the cost price.

Hayley - "stock is getting so low, so low in stock, the ones we are warning you about is the double, that has been the most popular and we are now at 40%, and we had thousands, 40% of the stock now sold out and gone."

Speak about over dramatisation, they've been boring us for 5 days with endless Dormeo shows and now they are worried about low stock cause they've sold 40%. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dormeo on tonight again with Dr Sleep & Den, so just an update for the mattresses that we were urged to check out as it wasn't going to last.
Well it's still there and the single is now the most popular, sold 60%, so doesn't look they've been selling as fast as Hayley was trying to have us believe.

Speaking of Dr Sleep, see he has a new self promotional video out in the last month, strange that being an ambassador for Dormeo, not a mention for this world famous, fastest selling luxury mattress brand.:eek:

Can’t stand the Proto-col guy, I’m sure all these figures and graphs are done in a way to try bombard viewers, in an effort to confuse but at the same time impress us. They are also a bit thick when it comes to percentages, 15% improvement on a lower figure is not the same as 15% off the original higher figure.

Plus hate his exaggeration of the size of the different studies. This is just one example.

proto-col guy - “Substantial Independent trial carried out on the Proto-col brand, study of both shots & gel used together, study was conducted on numerous subjects.”

Then in very tiny writing at bottom of screen, 18 female subjects took part in a consumer study.

Yeah, very substantial and numerous.:ROFLMAO:

For me, and this is just not telly selly but online, high street etc, if a product is good, then there is no need to exaggerate or mislead, when a salesperson revert to this behaviour, then that is an instant red flag and turn off.

Gamages watch showcase at 8 on TJC if you need more 'wrong price' pain in your life

Looks like they are connected with Swan & Edgar, same address, some of the watches are the same, except Gamages have even sillier RRPs. :ROFLMAO:

Just watched the first few seconds and it's exactly same history crap as Swan & Edgar does. :ROFLMAO:

And the guy (Tony somebody) is a fourth generation watch making family like Fields. They must use the same script. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh and the watches were all meant to launch at Baselworld. A Lord bought one of their watches and Boris Johnson asked where he got it from.

He slipped up there, said "thank heavens the viewers on Ideal wo, you know where you are", then the guy had to remind him it's TJC. Definately connected with Swan & Edgar then.

This guys is an even bigger conman than the Fields guy. :eek: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
And the guy (Tony somebody) is a fourth generation watch making family like Fields. They must use the same script. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh and the watches were all meant to launch at Baselworld. A Lord bought one of their watches and Boris Johnson asked where he got it from.

He slipped up there, said "thank heavens the viewers on Ideal wo, you know where you are", then the guy had to remind him it's TJC. Definately connected with Swan & Edgar then.

This guys is an even bigger conman than the Fields guy. :eek: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Maybe it is 'Daddy Field' 😁

Maybe it is 'Daddy Field' 😁

Not sure of his last name, but not a Fields, plus if he was daddy fields he'd be 3rd gen, but he said he' 4th after his father, grandfather and great grandfather, so exactly same as James Fields. He's probably a business partner of Fields.

Have turn it off, the guy is worse than Swan & Edgar and the presenter knows nothing about watches, so the conman can waffle any old rubbish.

Not sure of his last name, but not a Fields, plus if he was daddy fields he'd be 3rd gen, but he said he' 4th after his father, grandfather and great grandfather, so exactly same as James Fields. He's probably a business partner of Fields.

Have turn it off, the guy is worse than Swan & Edgar and the presenter knows nothing about watches, so the conman can waffle any old rubbish.
He's normally sat in a chair with another presenter on par with Big P

I think it is the father you know -Gamages watches are owned by Fields Luxury, same as Swan and Edgar.
The backstory about family of watchmakers is all made up , third or fourth generation -it's all bull anyway.

I think it is the father you know -Gamages watches are owned by Fields Luxury, same as Swan and Edgar.
The backstory about family of watchmakers is all made up , third or fourth generation -it's all bull anyway.

I agree, watched a bit more and yeah, I would say you're right it is Antoni Fields (Good spot mommabear(y)) . Slight differences but similar stories, he's says top layer of leather his son says first layer of leather, and like the younger fields he says Tachometer instead of Tachymeter. Now we can see where his son gets his rubbish from.:ROFLMAO:

Baselworld getting done to death here.

Presenter is as bad a Shaun when handling the watches. and now he's comparing the watches with Patek & IWC. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back