Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Amusing if it was not serious voldervont yesterday selling £500 adjustable heated armchairs saying treat yourself buy more than one are they oblivious to the fact that many people very soon are going to he jobless because of the lunacy we have been led into
They devoted at least half of yesterday evening's show to this product so they must sell a few of them to do that. Also there were heavily-overpriced bonded leather lumps at equally ludicrous prices even with their 'discount' (I mean "Sofa Collection Price" - who are they trying to kid?); I assume they're trying to replace the now-defunct Brighthouse by offering overpriced sofas with monthly payments, basically ripping off people on low incomes. And if their 'Limited Stock' is truly representative of demand they seemed to be selling a fair few of them as well.

Sofa Bonded Leather.png

Shana mentions James bond, so the idiot says- "We should have a James Fields movie, licensed to manufacture watches". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Couldn't stop laughing at the delusional nutter, licensed to manufacture? he's not a manufacturer just a glorified online retailer with stealing an old dept stores history & heritage, and more accurate wording of his film title would be licensed to con.

Like the way a couple of the S&E watches have a Rolex case back. Bet the factory that makes them have a nice line of knock off Rolex Daytona copies judging by the case shape. Why else would you have a Rolex style case back and the rest of the models have the more usual type.

After the best part of an hour with the channel selling nothing they announce a price for the remaining 400 of each as the other 100 are being sent to Burlington Arcade - Hatton Garden (aren't they different? I genuinely don't know) £249 but is there some movement yet to go?
Honestly watches are not my thing but no demonstration of the operation of the watch but just the aesthetics and the journey seems enough to make a collectable watch = in the same way as Franklin Mint make collectable collections?
Then of course the inevitable drop to £199, is that the final price?

Starting price at £1000, just more conmen, these guys are as bad as Mason, Simon et al. Same rubbish of high precision, master craftsman crap.
Sorry but, these are just made in China quartz watches, with some Swiss parts (which comes from Ronda's Hong Kong office, the movements are assembled in Thailand). Just think Swiss legend, Swiss Eagle etc, Over a £100 and that will be expensive. ;)
As for passing it down, these are inexpensive quartz movements, there will be no passing down through the generations, well maybe one generation if the owner is elderly, but it's not going to be an heirloom.

Starting price at £1000, just more conmen, these guys are as bad as Mason, Simon et al. Same rubbish of high precision, master craftsman crap.
Sorry but, these are just made in China quartz watches, with some Swiss parts (which comes from Ronda's Hong Kong office, the movements are assembled in Thailand). Just think Swiss legend, Swiss Eagle etc, Over a £100 and that will be expensive. ;)
As for passing it down, these are inexpensive quartz movements, there will be no passing down through the generations, well maybe one generation if the owner is elderly, but it's not going to be an heirloom.
Yes Hammy, wish I hadn't bothered wasting an hour now but they said this morning there would be a big reveal at 8pm.

Just lining their own business pockets in the end with a flamboyant build up lol

They were speaking about Ronda movements, same company who also make movements for Tag, Raymond Weil, Gucci. They failed to mention that the Ronda movements for these brands are made and assembled in Switzerland and are of a higher quality, the ones in the Incitatus are assembled in Thailand and are of a lesser quality.

Ie the standard 3 hand movement out of Thailand are usually has 1 Jewel and is Nickel Plated, the same movement assembled in Switzerland have 5 Jewels and is Gold Plated.

A chrono could be 6 Jewels and Nickel plated from Thailand, the same one from Switzerland has 13 Jewels and is Gold plated.

Why is shopping telly full of these con artist, all i ever see is nothing but deceitful presenters and guests, is there no honest folks about these channels?

I watched some of the Gems TV watch launch.
They couldn't half talk-deserved a medal for endurance,
The back story was bull from beginning to end , how they were told to eschew mechanical in favour of quartz ,
They even produced ancient articles from fifty odd years ago about the quartz revolution.
You couldn't make it up - except that they were making it up.
Also how they travelled the world to make their dream a reality - they were more over the top than Ideal World,
It was great entertainment !

Yes that was interesting on Gems TV! And you guessed it, one of the watches, the PVD one uses a Speedmaster style case. With it's lug style that's prety well unique to the Omega Speedmaster range. Safe bet again, they make knock off Speedmasters lol.

So just because I was bored this afternoon and being aware that some excitement had occured today in the Burlington Arcade with 600 Incitatus time pieces being made available I thought that I would do a Google web search (other search engines are available). Predicting a stampede or customers rushing off planes at Heathrow and jumping onto the Heathrow Express or tapping their Uber app to get themselves into the capital with the least delay. Checked the BBC for news but the only thing of significance -Incitatus meaning "swift" or "at full gallop") was the favourite horse of Roman emperor Caligula.
So disappointing!!! Some poor merchant in the Arcade had arranged security for the day and not so much as a murmur! I hope they have the stock on Sale or Return - equivalent to the 60 day money back guarantee. I even wondered if some canny soul would have already listed their watch on eBay to make a quick profit but nothing there either - by which I mean timepiece!! I expect in years to come on the day that the proud owners find it necessary to replace the battery that the piece will have its resale value doubled due to the cost of the battery!
I am prepared to believe that if you want accuracy in a timepiece that a quartz 'movement' is superior to a mechanical. Also I would expect that a mechanical would cost me money each year as it would need maintenance. However how anyone could believe that a timepiece with a quartz movement could ever reach the status of heirloom is beyond me. As has been said - in one two hour presentation Jake and David have made a serious dent in the reputation of the Gemporia brand reducing them to the same level as IW when it comes to over hyping the provenance of the components within their watches. If anyone actually followed their recommendation an bought all six of the offerings I would feel so sorry for them, but on the other hand if you have the money then you spend it however you choose.
Its just wrong and sad!

One quick web search and the brand appears on Amazon, eBay, its own web site (!) and then Ideal World. TBH I have to check them out for the entertainment but I will end up ranting again so it is perhaps not a good plan for the evening

Latest posts

Back