Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why is every toy POTD the Drone, whatever happened to the cars that go under the table, up the wall. And the cars that go on the plastic track.
Hamleys want to hold on to all of those for Christmas. But they don't want to stock a drone that IW push out for £30!!

Well they were doing not too bad till they got to the Aleksandrov watch, then the they just couldn't resist, Vintage movement NOS stock, Sturmanskiesque, soviet engineering, made to last when it's built in Russia, then a speel about how Russian watches had to be dependable etc. Just a shame the Aleksandrov has nothing Soviet or Russian about. It's A watch made in China by a Chinese watchmaker with a Japanese NH35 movement in it, yeah really is an example of great Russian built watch Mike. :ROFLMAO:

Ah well looks like I'll have to add to my complaint to ASA, which i've already submitted, which covered the last 8 IW CCCP watch shows. ;):)

Now it's Peter Simon's turn to drop IW in the **** with the Alaksandrov watch, their description of this watch is totally false. Russian, vintage 2427 Slava etc etc, this will be an easy one for ASA. :ROFLMAO:

That Bordell is worse than other watch frauds, there can be a bit of an excuse for Emma and young Fields as just being ignorant, Bordell isn't ignorant.

They just can't stop lying can they.

Hayley on the 100 ltr compost - "you won't find this anywhere else, it's specially bagged for us by the nursery, that's why it's in plain bags."

IW get their garden stuff from Garden Bargains, which is a online retailer set up by and part of IW, they don't have a nursery and all orders to their web site are fulfilled by You Gardens ltd who do have a nursery and who also supply direct to the public.

You can order it from Garden bargains instead of IW:

or you could just buy it from where it originally comes from, You gardens.

https://www.yougarden.com/item-p-200503/compost-bundle-100l-404020l

Has anyone on here actually tried a Dormeo (or Emma for that matter) mattress? Are they any good? I'm actually looking to replace my bed at the minute and I do believe in spending a bit more on a bed for quality. However looking at the "deal" IW have at the minute for the Dormeo, I was half tempted to order one. It was actually Gollum who put me off when I realised I don't trust a word he says, why would I believe him recommending a mattress to me? Then I checked the two and 3 star reviews (I didn't bother with the 5 star "invited" reviews) and they basically said the mattress offers no support and customer services are awful. Back to shopping in real shops it is then!

David Fabbro always says that Dormeo are ' the world's fastest selling mattress brand'.
What does that actually mean ?
He doesn't say biggest selling -so what can fastest selling mean ?
Is it like Supermarket Sweep ?
I suspect it means absolutely nothing.
And why , after all these years, does Peter Simon still call him David Fabbrio ?
Fabbro should respond by saying Peter Simeon , but he never does.

David Fabbro always says that Dormeo are ' the world's fastest selling mattress brand'.
What does that actually mean ?
He doesn't say biggest selling -so what can fastest selling mean ?
Is it like Supermarket Sweep ?
I suspect it means absolutely nothing.
And why , after all these years, does Peter Simon still call him David Fabbrio ?
Fabbro should respond by saying Peter Simeon , but he never does.

Don't know about World but, I did a bit of checking a while back, not for the world but just in the UK, and it's to do with increased sales (percentage wise) in the year compared with previous year. While what he's saying is strictly true (for the UK), in reality it's pretty meaningless as Dormeo is starting from a far lower unit sales base than the other popular mattress brands.

ie and these are just made up figures for the example. If Dormeo sold say 100 mattresses in 2018 and then 200 in 2019, their sales increased 100% year on year, then if we say Silentnight sold 10,000 mattresses in 2018 and then 15,000 in 2019, their sales increased by 50% year on year. Now Silentnight is selling way more mattresses than Dormeo, and even bigger unit sales in 2019, but technically Dormeo had the biggest percentage increase.

In the UK market, Dormeo wasn't even in the top 5 selling brands, and don't sell anywhere near the amounts of the most popular brands. But they did increase their sales in percentage terms by the biggest amount.

We've have had Fabbro mention that Dormeo have sold over 1 million worldwide and about 70,000 on IW in 10 years, and IW will probably be it's biggest outlet in the UK. Now to put that figure into context there are something like 500,000 mattresses sold in the UK alone, every year. So in the last 10 years some 10 million mattresses have been sold in the UK. As for World figures, then i would assume Dormeo's sales are minuscule in comparison to total mattresses sold.

It's Vostok Europe again tonight, another chance to buy those much sought after Dry Boxes. :)

Should be entertaining with Horology expert Sally (me, me, me) Jacks hosting the show. No doubt we will be reminded her hubby Gary is a very happy owner of Vostok Europe watches.

I see they've changed tonight's show, now Earnshaw and CCCP, hmm wonder if this will cause another visit to ASA's web site.

See Peter V given his all to flogged the Iphone, considering how great this iphone is you have to wonder why Peter doesn't own one but has a crappy android phone instead. ;)

Em sorry Mr V, but apple don't make the phones they design it but don't make it, they're a software company, all the parts for their hardware is manufactured by other companies then assembled, mostly, in China.

Last edited:
Expert fraud on the CCCP Aleksandrov watch - "CCCP is a Russian Brand, they use vintage Russian movements, so this is an actual vintage Russian Movement inside, we talk about vintage inspired this has a vintage movement inside, it's NOS." Then he adds, as Sally is showing the display back with a Seiko NH35a in full view, so clear you can even read the movement details on the rotor.:ROFLMAO: "We have vintage, vintage Slava movements in the back of these watches, twin barrel movements, red display back, so these are actualy vintage movements from Russia, again fully serviced, new movements, unique movement, it's a historic watch movement inside this watch, so it's an automatic watch with unique look, a historic movement inside and it's £120."

Ah well ASA again tomorrow, they are going to get fed up with me. :whistle::ROFLMAO:

Expert fraud on the CCCP Aleksandrov watch - "CCCP is a Russian Brand, they use vintage Russian movements, so this is an actual vintage Russian Movement inside, we talk about vintage inspired this has a vintage movement inside, it's NOS." Then he adds, as Sally is showing the display back with a Seiko NH35a in full view, so clear you can even read the movement details on the rotor.:ROFLMAO: "We have vintage, vintage Slava movements in the back of these watches, twin barrel movements, red display back, so these are actualy vintage movements from Russia, again fully serviced, new movements, unique movement, it's a historic watch movement inside this watch, so it's an automatic watch with unique look, a historic movement inside and it's £120."

Ah well ASA again tomorrow, they are going to get fed up with me. :whistle::ROFLMAO:
That particular watch is even described on the IW website as having an NH35 movement. You cannot believe a word they say.

CCCP Gent's Aleksandrov Automatic

Is it just me who can't see any hands, or have they all fallen off?

And where is the date, as in the description?

Watch 494204_STANDARD__BLU_20190917.jpg
they

Last edited:
Amussed at Sally saying how watch collectors go after automatic watches, which generally true, although a lot of quartz and solar watches are popular as well, but one thing watch collectors do like to know when buying a watch is which movement is in the watch, which is strangely is always missing from IW descriptions of Earnshaw Automatics watches.

Latest posts

Back