Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Emma says the key ring is a really useful tool, you can open doors with it, got a hex key jobby but shes not sure what else you can do with it but it's a really useful tool and it's a really, really brilliant gift.
She doesn't half waffle some rubbish.:ROFLMAO:

oh now, she's adding zeros to the value and saying if you did a comparison it would match up very, very favourably with those high end Swiss brands.
She's living in cloud cuckoo land. :ROFLMAO:

There is a few things (well actually a lot) ASA could take them to task on this show, but as ronzy75 said we need something to laugh at, and Emma is one of the best at that.;)

Last edited:
Bit of deja vu last night, Mason (like he did with VE watch) was saying how much he wanted the treadmill last night, but he thought he would be disappointed as they were flying out the door and they would probably be sold out by the time his shift finished at midnight when he could order one. Well Mike, still in stock this morning so you must have been able to get one, enjoy your new treadmill. :)

If I were to be diving to 2066 Mtrs deep, the last blooming thing on my mind would be, I need a watch down there!

Very true, but it just shows up what a bunch of amateurs they are.:)

on a related point to the depth rating.
Also just shows what total lack of quality control there must be with Shield, Reign etc, that they have allowed watches to go out with misprinted depth ratings on the dial, and how poor IW are for selling them without informing customers that their future heirlooms have a mistake on the dial.
They should be getting sold as watches with defects at reduced prices.

On the Jane Plan i agree you mainly see salad and vegetables on the plate, the meals are indeed small looking, yes the Chicken Curry not sure I saw any chunks of meat, just slop.

Like I’ve said before, wouldnt be surprised if she got back in her car, laughs and says to herself, I Don’t really eat this muck, and heads to the local Chinese

Very true, but it just shows up what a bunch of amateurs they are.:)

on a related point to the depth rating.
Also just shows what total lack of quality control there must be with Shield, Reign etc, that they have allowed watches to go out with misprinted depth ratings on the dial, and how poor IW are for selling them without informing customers that their future heirlooms have a mistake on the dial.
They should be getting sold as watches with defects at reduced prices.
Once again , a Seiko NH35 movement is being described by the ‘watch expert’ Bordell as a ‘vintage Russian ‘ movement. Sometimes it’s pure comedy. Other times it’s ****** annoying. Either it’s total lack of research/incompetence or a calculated misrepresentation.

Once again , a Seiko NH35 movement is being described by the ‘watch expert’ Bordell as a ‘vintage Russian ‘ movement. Sometimes it’s pure comedy. Other times it’s ****** annoying. Either it’s total lack of research/incompetence or a calculated misrepresentation.

I'm also seriously beginning to lean towards this, some of the guest experts are just ignorant, but he shouldn't be. Now compared to some of the so called experts, he is not ignorant in regards to watches, he was a partner with in an online watch retailer before he transferred his shares to his wife before he filed for personal bankruptcy then worked their until the company itself went into liquidation (of course that could be because of incompetence).

But have to question his comments tonight.

Now, him having worked in the trade and also he is there to help sell the Infinite Swiss watches, he'll be well aware they are not Swiss made as he claimed, heck the fact that the watches have Swiss Movement on the dial is a huge indicator that they are not Swiss made, plus he should also be well aware that there was always question marks over the true origins of the ISA movements. He'll also be aware that they are a new brands and very scant details about the brand available which is a big red flag, so calling them Swiss Made raises red flags about him.

Secondly, his continual insistence that the movement in the Aleksandrov is a Slava is mystifying. Now one could argue, well maybe hasn't looked closely at the watch, which IMO would be pretty poor for someone representing and being the guest expert for these watches. But the biggest red flag for me, is even if he hasn't seen the watch close up, he was continually looking over at the monitor, as the camera went back and forth from him and Mason, while Mason was showing the watch and the case back to the camera. That monitor shows them what we are seeing and unless he's blind, it's pretty obvious even from a distance that it's not a Slava movement. And I would guess his wife, a big watch lover, is also watching the shows, so would see exactly what we are seeing.

The more I watch him, the more i dislike, some of the other guests are hilarious to watch, purely because of their ignorance, but him don't find him funny in least, find him as a guest version of Mason, ie will as deceitful as he needs to be to sell a product.

Earnshaw was founded in Holburn and are still in Holburn.

Well the new Earnshaw I suppose you could say, that when the name was resurrected, the UK registered office for the company resurrecting the name was in Holburn, which was the registered address for the Dartmouth Brands LTD (The company Mr Notan Tolani set up, he of course is better known as the Chairman of Solar Time Hong Kong, which the Dartmouth brands ltd is a subsidiary of), but they moved to Hampshire a couple of years later.

You know they're lying when they say "Honestly":rolleyes:
Again, equating quality with weight

This is another strange thing which seems to have become a big selling point with IW in recent months, they regularly pick up a watch and straight away start going on about the weight and how being heavy equates to being a quality watch, doesn't matter if it's got a cheap movement or crappy leather strap, as long as it's heavy it's quality.

This is another strange thing which seems to have become a big selling point with IW in recent months, they regularly pick up a watch and straight away start going on about the weight and how being heavy equates to being a quality watch, doesn't matter if it's got a cheap movement or crappy leather strap, as long as it's heavy it's quality.

i hate having a heavy watch, its easy to add weight to a watch

I loved the other week, when they were showing an Earnshaw or similar and one of the sub dial hands had fell off, rattling around at the bottom of the dial. They showed it several times lol. Also seen a while ago, part of the name missing from the dial. Would a arnshaw be worth more for rarity.🤨

Latest posts

Back