Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Very true Mommabear 😂

Ok so I succumbed and ordered the Tefal ingenio pans. As I was about to about to process my order on the website I got a phone call from the Ideal World call centre asking if I needed help checking out my basket!?! I half expected Dirty Peter to jump on the phone to me and shout "CHECK OUT YER BASKETS!!! NOT ONLY, JUST BUY IT! OUR BET SEZ" etc ad nauseum.

Very true Mommabear 😂

Ok so I succumbed and ordered the Tefal ingenio pans. As I was about to about to process my order on the website I got a phone call from the Ideal World call centre asking if I needed help checking out my basket!?! I half expected Dirty Peter to jump on the phone to me and shout "CHECK OUT YER BASKETS!!! NOT ONLY, JUST BUY IT! OUR BET SEZ" etc ad nauseum.
Big brother is watching you😩...

See we have Miss hi precision, everything is top quality etc is on again.

Mike says price must be a mistake, She's says the M75 a chronograph, which it isn't. :ROFLMAO:

Now they are name dropping high end brands, costing thousands, in comparison with the M56 £69.99, which she says has a precision quartz movement. yeah a precision quartz movement that costs £5 to buy. :ROFLMAO:

Seems like every watch is comparable to high end brands.

She really is a fraud, really suited to IW.

Actually once ASA has done my CCCP complaint, I think I will do a complaint on this clown and her Resultco brands, as the rubbish she is spouting is bordering on out and out fraud here.

Last edited:
Where do these muppets get their prices?!? Apparently the M76 watch (the one with the three barrels that turn to display the time) they're selling for £120 should be £600, really?!? Mason's holding up three of them and all three don't align the numbers properly, ha ha HAAaaaa!!! Looks like a piece of cheap tat and they're trying to say it should be £600, aye, okay then.

Worst still … people are actually buying them!!!

The 'expert' says she's never seen the drum type watch before, you know, the one they say should be £600.

She's a muppet, here's ones with a bit of colour from red Star, looks a slighly better finishing to the case too.

Where do these muppets get their prices?!? Apparently the M76 watch (the one with the three barrels that turn to display the time) they're selling for £120 should be £600, really?!? Mason's holding up three of them and all three don't align the numbers properly, ha ha HAAaaaa!!! Looks like a piece of cheap tat and they're trying to say it should be £600, aye, okay then.

Worst still … people are actually buying them!!!

I genuinely think a lot of Ideal world watch customer are clueless idiots, too many have been suckered into believe the crap being spouted by so called experts and the presenters, there are plenty of sales on with high street jewelers or watch retailers online, where you can get better quality decent watches from actual watchmaking brands or even decent fashion watches, at prices around these prices that IW are charging for all these so called high quality, high precision watches from brands that have popped up in the last 10 years trying to cash in on folks ignorance.

The man with the pillows is a classic , particularly the made up back story...... ' he went the length and breadth of the country to find a comfortable pillow...including the famous department store in Knightsbridge'.
What a preposterous load of old tosh.
The whole story was almost certainly made up by a marketing consultant .
There was another creepy geezer standing in for the pillow man tonight simpering about 'what a lovely man' the pillow man is.
Meltdown Mike said the pillows have literally changed his life.

The man with the pillows is a classic , particularly the made up back story...... ' he went the length and breadth of the country to find a comfortable pillow...including the famous department store in Knightsbridge'.
There was another creepy geezer standing in for the pillow man tonight simpering about 'what a lovely man' the pillow man is.

It will be interesting the next time Mason does a mattress show, he said along the lines of, him and the goddess have had their present mattress for approx 5 years and it was after getting the GX pillow they then started to get a great nights sleep. So wonder if he'll be using any stories about him and the goddess and great night sleep thanks to his mattress. ;)

To avoid the depression of the news, I decided to go for the hilarity of the Apple iPhone 7 show last night.

The man presenting seems to have given up on the philosophy of the haircut. Each time I see him his hair gets longer at the back, and sides, but retains a similar front style. Not a good look at any age, but mid-50s, even worse. Still, I don't blame him. Making conversation about the holiday you're not having and what you're not doing at the weekend, and to a barber with just his eyes showing, and a visor in front of them, does tend to put you off from going. Thankfully the wife does mine.

Highlight of the show by a long way was the earpods demonstration by Grant. The build-up was absolutely perfect to what was going to happen next. He was trying to make the point that he thought the much cheaper earpods being sold by Ideal World offered a much better and secure fit, as opposed to the very expensive and presumably Apple ones he owned. Wait for it.. He placed a different brand of earpod in each ear, shook his head violently, and oh dear.. the wrong earpod fell out. The BS he used from then on to explain the problem failed miserably. Carry On Regardless was very brave of him as it also appeared that his eyebrows fell off during the head shake, so he must have been in some considerable pain. It reminded me, in a more minor way, of the big guy, Nick, from QVC, when he wanted to show how strong the TV screen was he was demonstrating, then punched it and smashed it. I don't think I ever saw him again after that on the channel. I'm sure that won't be the case with Grant as he seems to be very much the golden balls of technology on Ideal World. And to be honest (er..) he is usually pretty impressive with his technical knowledge and presentation skills in front of camera. Just don't get too cocky, as last night's little catastrophe proved

He's on again this morning, Sally Jacks called him an 'Interiors expert', his experience to be classed as an expert is working freelandce at Ideal World for a few months. :ROFLMAO:

His previous work experience is as a consultant for, PRS Executive Search recruiting senior management staff within the Construction Industry.

Yes, definitely an interiors expert.:rolleyes:

Does anyone remember when they sold the set of six Police watches Justice League edition ? - it was a promo item for the movie , and I think it was £1400.
Part of the pitch was what a stunning investment opportunity it was .... 'who knows what this might be worth in a few years time ?'.
There's a set going on eBay , mint an unopened , price has just been reduced to £600.

Does anyone remember when they sold the set of six Police watches Justice League edition ? - it was a promo item for the movie , and I think it was £1400.
Part of the pitch was what a stunning investment opportunity it was .... 'who knows what this might be worth in a few years time ?'.
There's a set going on eBay , mint an unopened , price has just been reduced to £600.
Yes I remember Noddy, all four corners, nodding furiously with these babies

Vaguely remember but couldn't tell you the price, but see it online with an RRP of £1300 and like ebay massively reduced. Seemingly the box set was a limited edition of 500 and the Justice League watch is limited to 8,888. But it's like most watches sold on IW, investment and future heirlooms that must be insured. ;):ROFLMAO:

Well it's the wonderful Nubeo watches tonight with Monster Mike and his bestie Jim Crawley:cool:
Bottle of wine ready;)

You must have Shaun in your head. ;):ROFLMAO:
Apart from the the fact I don't like the look of them, they are also even bigger than Vostok Europe watches, which is a feat in itself, so they are a big no no for me. That Jim Clawley is a bit of a bore, be much more entertaining viewing on Sunday when young Master Fields takes to our screens. :)

Latest posts

Back