Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just got a reply back from ASA on the CCCP complaint.

A very short summary, basically says:-

Reviewed your complaint, come to the conclusion ads likely broke the Advertising rules, have taken steps to address this.
Have explained my concerns with IW and provided guidance to them on areas that require attention, together with advice on how to ensure their advertising complies with the codes.
Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention.

See what they say next time Jonathon Bordell/IW does a CCCP show.

Oh and will be watching like a Hawk tomorrow, Duxot timepieces, in case they (Peter & Jonathon) try and make any false and misleading connections between the present day Chinese owned & made re-invented, reincarnated Duxot brand name and the old Swiss Duxot brand which went defunct many years ago.

Richard Dire is still going with these crappy drones

Really impressive filming the start of the show with a drone that looks blurry
Lol, this is what gets me. They bleat on about the 'HD' cameras. To an extent the term means diddly squat. You can buy small 'HD' cameras for pennies for use as things like dashcam and the footage quality is rubbish. I suspect that's what they have attached to these drones. But hey, as Richard stated a few weeks back, why would you want a £10k studio camera when you can have one of these? Ha Ha HAAaaa. Muppet. Okay not exactly portable but I know which one gives better footage ;)

Lol last night, Peter S was selling mattresses during the coveted ITV hours, you know, when millions tune in :)

I'm paraphrasing slightly, but he said something like:

'Here we are on ITV. The home of Ant & Dec, Emmerdale, Coronation Street and the Million Pound Cube. And tonight we bring you ... (oh exciting ... what are you bringing us? An interview with a celeb? A diamond encrusted necklace from Holly Willoughby's latest range with the lady herself on the show?) ... the Emma mattress.'

Ha Ha HAaaa. Yeah, a mattress. A frigging mattress. Cause a mattress is on a par with all the ITV shows and people you've just reeled off :)

This is a post with praise

Just watched a show presented by Jess (I think?) reason being she let the guest talk and explain without interrupting. She was friendly warm and very professional.

A bit of google suggests she started as a guest presenter on Ideal

On this, albeit short viewing she seems more suited to a presenting role at QVC.

Just got a reply back from ASA on the CCCP complaint.

A very short summary, basically says:-

Reviewed your complaint, come to the conclusion ads likely broke the Advertising rules, have taken steps to address this.
Have explained my concerns with IW and provided guidance to them on areas that require attention, together with advice on how to ensure their advertising complies with the codes.
Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention.

See what they say next time Jonathon Bordell/IW does a CCCP show.

Oh and will be watching like a Hawk tomorrow, Duxot timepieces, in case they (Peter & Jonathon) try and make any false and misleading connections between the present day Chinese owned & made re-invented, reincarnated Duxot brand name and the old Swiss Duxot brand which went defunct many years ago.

It is the contempt that Ideal World and other channels tbf show the ASA that despite you posting this kindly in a public forum they are aware of hours before said show none of us could be confident this link will not be made or at least alluded to.

Just watched a show presented by Jess (I think?) reason being she let the guest talk and explain without interrupting. She was friendly warm and very professional.

On this, albeit short viewing she seems more suited to a presenting role at QVC.
we are now 20 minutes into the next show with same presenter (williams waterless)

not ONE mention of stock selling fast and/or you MUST checkout

very refreshing

Yeah, but the influence of the others is clear to see from when she first started, she's slowly descending into the dark side, although she's still the best of a bad bunch. ;)

She's actually both a guest and a presenter and other stuff she gets hired for, she's freelance, an actor for hire, like a few of the guests and presenters. She does work for Proskins promoting the brands, when she does the proskins shows on IW it's usually as a guest, but in the last year she's also started doing presenter work for IW.

It is the contempt that Ideal World and other channels tbf show the ASA that despite you posting this kindly in a public forum they are aware of hours before said show none of us could be confident this link will not be made or at least alluded to.

It's amazing how blatantly they flout the rules and they even state from time to time, that you can believe what they say, as they can only say what is factual and true, as they have compliance officers who make sure that what the state abides by ASA rules.
Although they do read comments on this forum, they usually ignore any helpful posts that contradicts their sales pitch, which is not surprising, cause if they ignore emails during their shows pointing out blatant errors then they sure as hell aren't going to take any notice of posts in a forum, unless you make fun of Rob Locke putting on a Scottish accent, then for some strange reason that warrants a response on screen.;):ROFLMAO:

Lol, this is what gets me. They bleat on about the 'HD' cameras. To an extent the term means diddly squat. You can buy small 'HD' cameras for pennies for use as things like dashcam and the footage quality is rubbish. I suspect that's what they have attached to these drones. But hey, as Richard stated a few weeks back, why would you want a £10k studio camera when you can have one of these? Ha Ha HAAaaa. Muppet. Okay not exactly portable but I know which one gives better footage ;)

Even the cheap drones on Aliexpress are coming with 4K cameras now, he's such an annoying person.

at the end of the day, the penalty is non-existent or at worst a slap on the wrists

TJC regularly mentions the "gold price" for example implying your £500 bracelet is worth £550 if you need to sell it tomorrow. Anybody with an incline of common sense would realise that isn't the case (as they give you the stock market value of bullion gold and usually selling 9k)

Every so often somebody on-air mentions that the two are not linked but certainly by no mean every time

at the end of the day, the penalty is non-existent or at worst a slap on the wrists

TJC regularly mentions the "gold price" for example implying your £500 bracelet is worth £550 if you need to sell it tomorrow. Anybody with an incline of common sense would realise that isn't the case (as they give you the stock market value of bullion gold and usually selling 9k)

Every so often somebody on-air mentions that the two are not linked but certainly by no mean every time

That's very true.

Well it's 45 minutes till the Duxot show starts and Peter Simon, talking about what's coming up later, his first lie of the night "Duxot a Swiss watch brand to delight."

The original Duxot was a Swiss brand, but the reincarnated Duxot isn't, it's another of the Chinese owned and made brands from Solar Time (Hong Kong) and distributed through it subsidiary the Dartmouth Brands.

Well it's one lie after another here, , exagerration etc is one thing, but so far everything they've said about Duxot brand/family is all lies, and the so called expert is wholeheartedly joining in with the lies being spouted, a pair of f****** conmen. Sorry for swearing but this show is actually a disgrace.

This is a good video about the create and craft Disney fiasco a few years back, in short, C C told viewers they could make and sell for a lengthy period selling "kits" at up to £1000s without any authority from Disney. The ASA did not view this as a breach!

Latest posts

Back