Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Normally on the mattress shows, we have Fabro and mason making fun of folks looking for a new mattress and pretending to be them going in a shop trying a mattress for a few seconds and saying, this is great, that'll do us. And they make a big point of you can't tell how good a mattress is by using it for a few minutes in a store.
Well De Knees just made a mockery of that argument, by lying, not even properly and with a mic pack on her hip, exclaiming it was fabulous and incredible within a couple of seconds, so it looks like you can go into store and judge how good a mattress is within a few seconds. :)
That was funny ! Indeed she started to make the the ecstasy noises 'Oooooohh !!! Ahhhhhhh !! Wow !!!!!!!!! before the mattress had even absorbed her weight.
When she did settle on it, the mattress instantly collapsed like a souffle .

Normally on the mattress shows, we have Fabro and mason making fun of folks looking for a new mattress and pretending to be them going in a shop trying a mattress for a few seconds and saying, this is great, that'll do us. And they make a big point of you can't tell how good a mattress is by using it for a few minutes in a store.
Well De Knees just made a mockery of that argument, by lying, not even properly and with a mic pack on her hip, exclaiming it was fabulous and incredible within a couple of seconds, so it looks like you can go into store and judge how good a mattress is within a few seconds. :)
Whilst the returns policy at IW is good for things like mattresses (compared to a standard store) what lets them down is choice. Yes they do a few different mattresses, however most stores and other online retailers do many more. And whilst you might only have a few mins to lie on them in a store, at least you can try different types there and then (sprung, all foam, hybrids), rather than having to get the product home to perhaps discover within a day or two it's not for you.

I'm not knocking IW in this post, just saying the buying alternatives aren't as dire as they like to make out.

That was funny ! Indeed she started to make the the ecstasy noises 'Oooooohh !!! Ahhhhhhh !! Wow !!!!!!!!! before the mattress had even absorbed her weight.
You mean the way she talks all the time?

Does my nut, the constant 'having a moment' tone, YUCK! Maybe attractive when younger ...

:(

I know, and because she lay down at the corner of the bed, it look so awkward, and as you say a quarter of the mattress was squashed flat. :ROFLMAO:

Whilst the returns policy at IW is good for things like mattresses (compared to a standard store) what lets them down is choice. Yes they do a few different mattresses, however most stores and other online retailers do many more. And whilst you might only have a few mins to lie on them in a store, at least you can try different types there and then (sprung, all foam, hybrids), rather than having to get the product home to perhaps discover within a day or two it's not for you.

I'm not knocking IW in this post, just saying the buying alternatives aren't as dire as they like to make out.

Yes, definately not much of a brand choice, they only sell Dormeo and on the odd occasion Downland, I know they feature Emma but I don't really count them as a mattress IW sell as they don't actually sell them, an Emma show is more like a 45 minute advert, IW have no involvement in the selling, payment or returns etc.

Shaun keeps mentioning they're live on ITV at 12.45 and he predicts the actifry could (he's just said it again) sell out then.

Time will tell but from experience, his predictions are usually way off.
As Peter S said a couple of weeks back 'we're on the home of all the big names, Ant & Dec, Coronation Street, The Cube' ... yeah ... IW aligns perfectly with all those big well known names that are ACTUALLY ON THE CHANNEL AT PRIME TIME!!! Not the early hours where your audience comprises insomniacs, nighttime security guards and the inebriated!

I know, and because she lay down at the corner of the bed, it look so awkward, and as you say a quarter of the mattress was squashed flat. :ROFLMAO:
Remember when they used to use that old, very dirty, scraggy sprung mattress as the sprung alternative. They had the audacity to tell us 'and this is a good quality relatively new mattress.' Yeah, run over by a steamroller a few times by the look and condition of it!

Another thing that gets my goat is the Elizabeth Grant shows.

'This collection would cost you £280 if you bought the items separately. We're selling it to you for £39.99.'

Aye, whatever you say. I'm sure there are lots of people around the world buying the individual items for prices like £50-60 each ... NOT!

Another thing that gets my goat is the Elizabeth Grant shows.

'This collection would cost you £280 if you bought the items separately. We're selling it to you for £39.99.'

Aye, whatever you say. I'm sure there are lots of people around the world buying the individual items for prices like £50-60 each ... NOT!
They need to update their perception studies too, they're almost seven years old!

Oh here's mason and buying a mattress in a shop antics.

He says, You'll lay on it for 10-15seconds and make a decision from that, it's lunacy.

Oops, Mike just called DeKnees a looney, DeKnees tried out a mattress earlier today, and she didn't need a 90 nights trial to tell how good a mattress is, she was in a state of ecstasy after only 2 seconds on a mattress. :ROFLMAO:

Remember when they used to use that old, very dirty, scraggy sprung mattress as the sprung alternative. They had the audacity to tell us 'and this is a good quality relatively new mattress.' Yeah, run over by a steamroller a few times by the look and condition of it!

Yeah, even the frame was crap, one time somebody sat down too hard and a slat broke. :ROFLMAO:

By coincidence, received an email with a survey on my complaint to ASA about their handling of my complaint re CCCP watch shows. So needless to say, i've done the survey giving a very negative scoring to their handling of my complaint and an explanation as to why. IE That Ideal World CCCP show still has wrong and misleading technical information regarding some of the watches and it was a waste of time complaining.

Latest posts

Back