Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love the nonsense about heating the whole house - in my flat you can turn all the heaters off except one in the living room which will always come on if heating is on. You set the thermostat for the temp you want the room to be and if it goes below that heat will come on. I am an idiot when it comes to anything technical (my late dad was a heating engineer, I should have listened to him!) but this is so simple. Also my flat is only 8 years old and is rarely cold so my heating is not on much thankfully.

And if I am chilly watching TV I love wrapping a huge soft throw round me (with a cup of coffee and a biscuit or two😁)

I love the nonsense about heating the whole house - in my flat you can turn all the heaters off except one in the living room which will always come on if heating is on. You set the thermostat for the temp you want the room to be and if it goes below that heat will come on. I am an idiot when it comes to anything technical (my late dad was a heating engineer, I should have listened to him!) but this is so simple. Also my flat is only 8 years old and is rarely cold so my heating is not on much thankfully.

And if I am chilly watching TV I love wrapping a huge soft throw round me (with a cup of coffee and a biscuit or two😁)

I do the same, but without coffee & biscuits. I have my old pals, Johny Walker, and John Smith's at hand LOL.

So Mike has bought a watch for his son, which will probably another 10 years before his wrists are big enough to wear it, just because he's mad on space and it's got a bit of Mars in it.

If he was that interested in space, you could have just bought him a piece of the Mars meteorite without the watch, bits of the Mars meteorites have been on sale for years.
If Mike says he has bought a watch from IW for his son it's about as factual as Paul Becque saying 'his mum' takes CBD -in other words , sales patter.
Don't believe a single word !

But surely you'd rather wheel a heater from your lounge, then into your kitchen, then into your bathroom, then back into your lounge, then into the bedroom, then back into the lounge, then ...

I'm SURE, I'm 100% CONFIDENT, that ALL the IW presenters practice what they preach ;)

You've got guests in, it's a cold winters night. You're all sitting in the lounge with your 1 ceramic heater on full blast. Nice and toasty. Rest of the house is FREEZING as you're following IW's expert advice on heating your home.

You've been feeling a bit bunged up for a day or two then, suddenly, you have the urge to go. This can't wait. However you know you might be 10-15 mins or so in the bathroom. MMmmm, decisions decisions. Do you go into your FREEZING bathroom without the heater, which might make the 'process of plopping' more difficult as you're not relaxed? Or do you say to your guests ...

'Hey everyone, hope you're having a nice time. I need to go for a sh1te, sorry, but I'll need to take the radiator with me!'

It's a tricky one :)

But surely you'd rather wheel a heater from your lounge, then into your kitchen, then into your bathroom, then back into your lounge, then into the bedroom, then back into the lounge, then ...

I'm SURE, I'm 100% CONFIDENT, that ALL the IW presenters practice what they preach ;)
Strangely, that wasn't top of my list of things to do🤔🤣

I've heard them mention moving into various rooms, but not yet heard wheeling into bathroom, if they do will be on complaining in an instant, any presenter suggesting they should wheel an electric heater into a bathroom should be sacked on the spot. The only way that heaters should be used in a bathroom is after being fitted professional by an electrician.

Latest posts

Back