Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mike "i'm not saying this for effect" Mason, said during the Nubeo show that they will sell out, always do, in fact they sell out so fast that both he and Bordell had to wait months to get their Nubeos. The show is finished now and strangely, all the watches featured on the show, ARE STILL IN STOCK. ;):ROFLMAO:
I would love to see the stats for a year, showing just how much stock is left, expressed as a % of the starting stock level, 1-7 days following a show, concentrating on those items that presenters insist are 'about to sell out' or 'gonna go' during the live presentations.

I came in last night and switched on the tv. Did my usual channel hopping (it's a good job I live alone!) and without a word of a lie, the second I hopped on to IW Mike was mid sentence 'check out ya baskets these are gonna go!' I think the show had 3 mins to go and he managed to squeeze that advice in another 3 or 4 times! He was selling Nubeo watches and as of now I think most are still on the website although granted, I'm not sure if they're as reduced price wise as they were during the live show.

I would love to see the stats for a year, showing just how much stock is left, expressed as a % of the starting stock level, 1-7 days following a show, concentrating on those items that presenters insist are 'about to sell out' or 'gonna go' during the live presentations.

I came in last night and switched on the tv. Did my usual channel hopping (it's a good job I live alone!) and without a word of a lie, the second I hopped on to IW Mike was mid sentence 'check out ya baskets these are gonna go!' I think the show had 3 mins to go and he managed to squeeze that advice in another 3 or 4 times! He was selling Nubeo watches and as of now I think most are still on the website although granted, I'm not sure if they're as reduced price wise as they were during the live show.

It's not an accurate way, but you can get a rough idea how well any watches have done. Just copy the web page for the show so you have a list of the watches featured, then check on their web site a week later and you'll be able to see which watches are still in stock and if they are at low stock levels.

Just a quick glance gives a different story to the constant "always sells out", "everything is selling out" etc, during watch shows, they have a massive amount of watches still in stock for sale. They have 706 different individual men's models (and some of those have a few colours options on top of that) for sale. So when you see the amount of individual models against certain brands, then it's obvious that they are not selling out as much as they say they are.

Also it's a way of keeping track of which watches have been available since previous shows and which haven't just arrived back in stock at IW in time for a particular show, as is sometimes stated, especially on Vostok shows.

No doubt tonight's RGMT show will start with us being told that they've had to get shipments rushed from the states for this show, as they all sold out in previous shows, and nobody else stocks them. ;)

So the festive season's got me feeling like I should try to put something positive out there. I read here quite often and I know it's easy for all of us to have a pop at Simon Lies shilling a noname vacuum with all the power of a handheld fan, BUT...

Which of the Ideal World presenters or guests do you actually like? And Why?

I've caught the new toy man Alex's shows a couple of times and though I thought he was pretty dull when doing bedding and mattresses, the toys seem to be a really good fit for him. He seems like a pretty nice, normal person which is refreshing!

RGMT Hannibal, now either the Ideal World studio is moving, or that stupid looking compass isn't quite right 🤔 north is never in the same direction. Reminds me of some shoes I had as a child with a compass in the heel and paw prints on the soul 😎 probably before many of your time 😁
Oh, and PS mangling English with tritanium 😂

Oh my word. Just flicked on IW and the "expert" is talking about the crappy laptop they are shilling. It has 4gb ram and 64gb storage with a "quad coreprocessor"....he says "this is not a laptop that will grind to a halt if you want to do several things at once"

I'm afraid pal, that that's exactly what it will do.

Positive on Guests here we go, I’m including Create and Craft seeing it’s the same company.

Jess Woods Change to see a younger presenter not all frumpy
Grant He knows his technology and its Shows I enjoy
Simon Lies He sells crap but he’s inoffensive

Dean Wilson He’s won best presenter for like 8 years, nice guy fun to watch
Nigel May
Martyn Parker
Andy & Loen Love
Dave Bradford
Sally Jacks when she’s on C&C she comes over like she’s interest, and is into crafts, maybe she should Move over pernamently.

Favourite out of all is Dawn Wheeler.

Dawn won Crafts Women of the year, has virtually lived on the premises since the first lockdown, for them to make sure they had a expert on site, She done her own hours, Done shows when the regular guests were shielding or unwell

RGMT Hannibal, now either the Ideal World studio is moving, or that stupid looking compass isn't quite right 🤔 north is never in the same direction. Reminds me of some shoes I had as a child with a compass in the heel and paw prints on the soul 😎 probably before many of your time 😁
Oh, and PS mangling English with tritanium 😂
Surprised they didn't do the old 'it won't work in here cause we're in a faraday cage' routine.

It looked cheap, it looked tacky and the 'compass' looked as though it would fail sooner as oppose to later.

Which of the Ideal World presenters or guests do you actually like? And Why?

I love them all, I truly believe they are amazing, incredible, brilliant, they are without doubt, and i'm not saying this for effect, but they are the most honest, professional and likable group of TV presenters and expert guests you'll find in world, and when i say world i mean all four corners of it. As for the backroom staff, well what can you say, they work wonders to bring us all of these luxury, top of the range, most sought after products at bargain basement prices at a fraction of their true value, absolute superstars. :)

Seriously, none of them, detest every one of them, some waaaaaay, waaaaay more than others, IMO anyone working for a moralless company like IW doesn't deserve to be liked.
Just a shower of liars and con artists, a channel populated by media folk and z list actors pretending to be experts etc, and although some may start off as inoffensive and seem like a breath of fresh air, they quickly turn to the dark side and tow the party line.
Although it's entertainment to poke fun at their antics and behaviour on here, would lose no sleep and have no sympathy if the channel shut down tomorrow and they were all out of a job.

The sad thing is, most of the products they sell are ok (ok some aren't, some are just cheap crap hailed as a luxury products) and would sell on their merit, without all of the over the top nonsense and lies spouted by the presenters and and actors playing the part of pretendy experts.

I'm wondering something off the back of a comment Peter S made last night when selling watches. Can't recall the brand however this particular watch was obviously being partly sold on its 'tough' credentials as Peter said along the lines of 'put it through its paces, bash it, test it to its limits, this thing is amazing!' I wonder where you'd be left guarantee wise if you returned a watch that had failed and it had some rough and tumble marks, grazes and scratches on it? Surely, depending on the terms of the guarantee, it could give the retailer and/or manufacturer an 'out' in terms of honoring the guarantee?

Obviously with delicate/dress watches you're not going to treat them roughly, however many of the watches IW flog are presented to us as being able to take on the world. So if you 'did' wear it when rock climbing, diving, extreme mountain biking, felling trees, breaking rocks, doing mixed martial arts and street lugeing (a typical weekend for me ;)) and it failed, I wonder where their line in the sand is in terms of acceptable wear and tear on the product?

I love them all, I truly believe they are amazing, incredible, brilliant, they are without doubt, and i'm not saying this for effect, but they are the most honest, professional and likable group of TV presenters and expert guests you'll find in world, and when i say world i mean all four corners of it. As for the backroom staff, well what can you say, they work wonders to bring us all of these luxury, top of the range, most sought after products at bargain basement prices at a fraction of their true value, absolute superstars. :)

Seriously, none of them, detest every one of them, some waaaaaay, waaaaay more than others, IMO anyone working for a moralless company like IW doesn't deserve to be liked.
Just a shower of liars and con artists, a channel populated by media folk and z list actors pretending to be experts etc, and although some may start off as inoffensive and seem like a breath of fresh air, they quickly turn to the dark side and tow the party line.
Although it's entertainment to poke fun at their antics and behaviour on here, would lose no sleep and have no sympathy if the channel shut down tomorrow and they were all out of a job.

The sad thing is, most of the products they sell are ok (ok some aren't, some are just cheap crap hailed as a luxury products) and would sell on their merit, without all of the over the top nonsense and lies spouted by the presenters and and actors playing the part of pretendy experts.
Where's your Christmas spirit? In the bottle, yes I know ;)

I don't watch enough of them all to pass comment, however of the ones I have seen tbh there's none that I'd say I like in a presenter sense. Obviously in 'real life' I might find some of them to be very personable but tv wise I just can't take to them. If you forced me to give a presenter and guest, I'd say Dave Bradford although yes he's mainly C&C, and Grant the tech guy.

What I'll admit is yes, given they're on selly telly, we're probably not seeing the best side of them presenting wise, especially on a channel like IW which takes a barrow boy approach to selling.

Latest posts

Back