Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He was on last night? I thought he was only doing Monday/Tuesday

This week, he's done Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and tonight. 5 nights out of 7 - more than any other presenter.

He also comes on at 10.30pm (half hour before he's due to start) to show what's coming up - Bid TV stylee. Gems have never done that in the past, and they don't do it with any other presenter.

So not only has Peter Simon started on Gems TV, but it also seems like he's been allowed to come in with his own routines.

The best thing that could have happened to PS is to be out of selly telly work for a year or so, so that he loses all of his old habits. Instead, he found a job quickly - and the old habits have transferred across. A million "Not Only......"s, half finished rambling sentences before he waffles on about something else. Half read out phone numbers.

If I didn't know any different, and someone put a blindfold on me and asked what I was listening to, i'd say Bid TV. It's almost identical. All it needs is the orange background and corny music.

Really surprised that Gems have let him carry on all his old antics after all the negative press Bid used to get.

Looks like he is doing 7 days a week maybe extended to 24 hours a day :mysmilie_17:

I assume Gems is live if it isn't then maybe that could explain him being on so many days.

I feel as if i have missed all the gossip, so could someone please, tell me where everybody is now workingthank you all..I have yet to See Big Steve Mac anywhere,is he now changing the nappies, while Tory goes gallivanting :mysmilie_8:

This week, he's done Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and tonight. 5 nights out of 7 - more than any other presenter.

He also comes on at 10.30pm (half hour before he's due to start) to show what's coming up - Bid TV stylee. Gems have never done that in the past, and they don't do it with any other presenter.

So not only has Peter Simon started on Gems TV, but it also seems like he's been allowed to come in with his own routines.

The best thing that could have happened to PS is to be out of selly telly work for a year or so, so that he loses all of his old habits. Instead, he found a job quickly - and the old habits have transferred across. A million "Not Only......"s, half finished rambling sentences before he waffles on about something else. Half read out phone numbers.

If I didn't know any different, and someone put a blindfold on me and asked what I was listening to, i'd say Bid TV. It's almost identical. All it needs is the orange background and corny music.

Really surprised that Gems have let him carry on all his old antics after all the negative press Bid used to get.

The bottom line with Peter Simon though is this:

I never, ever watched Gems TV. Now I watch it to see Peter Simon. That is why they have hired him.

I'd never buy any gems mind, but he does have a following of people who think he is so bad that he is good. He is a very good salesman, IMO, but he isn't suited to a just gems channel. I want to see him doing a variety of stuff.

He really is waffling. It's painful and funny at the same time! :giggle:

"It's going lower and lower..." I bet Peter has said that a few times in a BBC dressing room between episodes of "Run the Risk"...

He really is waffling. It's painful and funny at the same time! :giggle:

"It's going lower and lower..." I bet Peter has said that a few times in a BBC dressing room between episodes of "Run the Risk"...

He wore the bestest jumpers in that.

Looks like he is doing 7 days a week

I do hope it's not twice on Sundays too!

I assume Gems is live if it isn't then maybe that could explain him being on so many days.

Gems is live.

Apparently the Morganite necklace he's just sold draws attention to the Adams Apple.

Pete must hang around with some strange women if they've got Adams Apples.

Then again, on Tuesday night, he said Elizabeth Taylor was the king of gems.

Perhaps he knows a lot of women that have had sex changes. Perhaps Our Bet used to be Our Bert?

Pete must have the larger of the camp beds because he seems to be living at Gems. Nodded of during one of his rambles and woke up to him wittering on about sandals and broad straps. It's like he never been away.

The bottom line with Peter Simon though is this:

I never, ever watched Gems TV. Now I watch it to see Peter Simon. That is why they have hired him.

I'd never buy any gems mind

I suspect that's a case with a lot of people that are only watching to see how bad he really is - they're watching but not going to buy.

I can't see any logic in hiring him for that. There's more complaints about him on the Gemporia Facebook page tonight. I'd be amazed if he stays. I've never seen so many complaints about one presenter before.

Each time he's on air, there's loads.

You can now get your hands on Peter Sherlock's first fragrance for men called 'Matinee Idol'.

The website (which was regularly used by Bid TV for price comparisons) says 'Introducing the very first male fragrance from Peter Sherlock the World renowned fragrance connoisseur :mysmilie_19:'. But the website also says 'It is a tribute to the era of square-jawed stars like Clarke Gable and Humphrey Bogart'

I always thought he was called Clark Gable. So not much of a tribute really :mysmilie_59:

http://www.idealbeautyproducts.com/index.php/fragrance/eau-de-parfum/matinee-idol-extreme-detail

World renowned fragrance connoisseur? I must look out for his fragrances in Harrods, Selfridges, House of Fraser or if he is really honoured; TJ Hughes!

Well I suppose Birkenhead and Southend are in the world.

Gotta give it to old Schlocko though, he never sells himself short. Of course he's an utterly ridiculous character but you have to admire his self promotion abilities, they really are second to none.

He could even teach The Kardashian's a thing or two :mysmilie_59:

World renowned? What a load of bs. What's Sherlock been doing? Drinking the stuff?

Looks like Gems TV are moving channels.

They've been playing an advert during their breaks today saying that from the end if June, they're going to be on 645 - which I think was Tat At Bids number?

Not sure of the logic behind it but surely the casual viewer that doesn't know about Bids demise might see Peter Simon on that channel, assume it's a re-branded Sit Up channel - and purposely not buy thinking it's the old bunch with their dodgy reputation.

Looks like Gems TV are moving channels.

They've been playing an advert during their breaks today saying that from the end if June, they're going to be on 645 - which I think was Tat At Bids number?

Not sure of the logic behind it but surely the casual viewer that doesn't know about Bids demise might see Peter Simon on that channel, assume it's a re-branded Sit Up channel - and purposely not buy thinking it's the old bunch with their dodgy reputation.

I guess it makes sense for Gems to move up the EPG.

But I agree WSG that i'd be careful about associating themselves too much with the utterly appalling Bid TV, even inadvertently.

I guess it makes sense for Gems to move up the EPG.

But I agree WSG that i'd be careful about associating themselves too much with the utterly appalling Bid TV, even inadvertently.

theoretically, the closer you are to qvc on the sky digital listings, the more likely someone is to land on your channel during a channel surfing session.

(I don't think it has anything specific to do with the signing of peter simon)

Latest posts

Back