Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm guessing you're talking about the blue what we used to call a "gypsy style" blouse with the gathering at the top? Apparantely all the shops are full of them at the moment - I can only surmise that she means charity shops as I've not seen anything like that on the high street for a good 20 years! That look went of style yonks ago, and the "boho chic" look more often than not involved ditsy floral prints and lots of embroidery and string cords round necklines - Unless loose and pulled stitching counts! This was just a cheap sheer blouse that looked like it was made from fabric you could shoot peas through - No thanks Sal!

I think it was that one, yes! She's just been trying to flog a horrid red top with lace panels. The material was thinner than tissue paper!

Does anybody watch 'rip off Britain'? Puts BID into perspective. Zero chicken in chicken soup. Lockmoir salmon, there is no such place as locmoir! Cornish pasties they have no Cornish ingredients. The list goes on and on!! A real eye opener of a programme!

Does anybody watch 'rip off Britain'? Puts BID into perspective. Zero chicken in chicken soup. Lockmoir salmon, there is no such place as locmoir! Cornish pasties they have no Cornish ingredients. The list goes on and on!! A real eye opener of a programme!

they should do a program highlighting a company or product that actually is legitimate, it would be a much shorter list haha

Absolutely. No company get things right and some get away with murder that aren't even on TV.

You are of course correct Bingo that there are so many companies out there that want to pull the wool over unsuspecting customers eyes. That's why when we identify a clear problem (not ludicrous instances that are based on nothing more than opinion, or out of a wish to prove a personal point that the regulators will, quite rightly, unceremoniously dismiss) we should all do something about it, but in a responsible and well considered manner. :happy:

You are of course correct Bingo that there are so many companies out there that want to pull the wool over unsuspecting customers eyes. That's why when we identify a clear problem (not ludicrous instances that are based on nothing more than opinion, or out of a wish to prove a personal point that the regulators will, quite rightly, unceremoniously dismiss) we should all do something about it, but in a responsible and well considered manner. :happy:

That's quite a venomous and unessesary response to my post Wirral.

Venomous? How so Bingo?

All I was saying was it's really important we should all (including me) make sure we keep an eye out for dodgy companies but only take action when it's totally appropriate, it's the only way the authorities will take us seriously (including me).

I cannot see anywhere in my post that I directed anything, at any individual. :happy:

very very clever Wirral

looks like the forum is pretty dead now anyway you play the rules very well

its all to yourself now

speak to you all soon but wont be for a long while

I'd like to know that, he was quite nice I thought

There was a guy (probably in his early thirties) that used to be on Bid Plus that I have seen once or twice on Price Drop, he might be Irish although i'm not totally sure.

Venomous....don't know how you can call it that.

very very clever Wirral

looks like the forum is pretty dead now anyway you play the rules very well

its all to yourself now

speak to you all soon but wont be for a long while

newtobid your constant vendetta against Wirral is getting very boring, you are attacking them for no reason. I suggest you put Wirral on ignore if you really don't like what they say as the personal attacks will not be tolerated!

Venomous....don't know how you can call it that.

newtobid your constant vendetta against Wirral is getting very boring, you are attacking them for no reason. I suggest you put Wirral on ignore if you really don't like what they say as the personal attacks will not be tolerated!

I clearly can call it that because I did call it that. You may not see wirrals attempt to crow bar an insult into a post as venomous.but I do.

If anyone is interested they seem to have some more products from Elizabeth Grant on sale. Peter is selling something that sounds similar to Snake Serum although I i'm no expert so it might be completely different!

It's nice of you to post this even though it's more relevant for the ladies on this forum with you being a man:smirk:

Mark Ryes was selling the Pearl Necklace. He told a story about Marie Antoinette, who he said loved pearls and she gave a bag of loose pearls to one of her advisers when she was in The Tower of London in the hope she'd get them back, but then he solemnly said she didn't come back (as she was executed there).

Now i'm no David Starkey but that's news to me :giggle:

Latest posts

Back