random thoughts or observations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree she does come over as normal and that's why I want to like her, but the stumbling over her words and failure to get to the point are very frustrating and that's why I find her hard to watch.

I think she is endearing for the timeslots she generally does. i couldn't see her being given "prime time" as such, purely because she isnt polished or hard-sell mentality.

I think she is endearing for the timeslots she generally does. i couldn't see her being given "prime time" as such, purely because she isnt polished or hard-sell mentality.

Yes I'd agree with that, she's good for the mornings. No one needs mad shouty panic at 9am.

I must admit i never thought of it from that angle. good stuff.

I should imagine aside from the hours they prefer to work, there's something in the time of day a presenter usually works, styles certainly do suit different times of the day. Simon Biagi is daytime material, Clare Sutton also. Jill Franks isn't my personal cup of tea any time of day, but opinions aside she's definitely suited to the evenings.

I should imagine aside from the hours they prefer to work, there's something in the time of day a presenter usually works, styles certainly do suit different times of the day. Simon Biagi is daytime material, Clare Sutton also. Jill Franks isn't my personal cup of tea any time of day, but opinions aside she's definitely suited to the evenings.

Biagi's slight hairy chest exposure couldnt be more daytime haha

I like Kathy ive flown the flag for her several times on this site.

Like others have said she is perfect for the time of day she works, she isnt hard sell, i guess a lot of the viewers at 9am, are mothers who have come in from the school run, and dont want a screaming banshee.

In the daytime, viewers, i guess arent so worried about having a polished performance, because they arent so bothered.

In the evenings i guess, the viewers, probably turn on to an hour, specifically if they want a certain product, and want to see a clear and profesiional presentation.

In mornings, they have only got to try and get the viewers away from Jezza or Rip of Britain.

While in evenings, quality programming, which, viewers, are gonna get frustrated if they turn to Q, instead of watching something they would normally watch, and have a halfcocked presentation

If I had to describe Kathy in just one word, why I like her, I'd say "comfy" ...not a flattering description of any woman I suppose, but that's how she is, I feel comfortable with her.

I like Kathy ive flown the flag for her several times on this site.

Like others have said she is perfect for the time of day she works, she isnt hard sell, i guess a lot of the viewers at 9am, are mothers who have come in from the school run, and dont want a screaming banshee.

In the daytime, viewers, i guess arent so worried about having a polished performance, because they arent so bothered.

In the evenings i guess, the viewers, probably turn on to an hour, specifically if they want a certain product, and want to see a clear and profesiional presentation.

In mornings, they have only got to try and get the viewers away from Jezza or Rip of Britain.

While in evenings, quality programming, which, viewers, are gonna get frustrated if they turn to Q, instead of watching something they would normally watch, and have a halfcocked presentation

Where (i percieve) people to be returning home from work in the evening, q must feel they have a better chance of parting people from their money by having the presenters they use in the evenings with their "slick" presentation styles.

Really good point. There is a noticable difference in style of presenting for the evening shift. However those with children of school age may not want to work evenings or weekends. I always begrudge it when I have prep to do at home as I see this as time for my family. So I only do it when they are in bed.

Did you know it is qvc's birthday :O just shocking lol

is 4 easy pay's a suitable celebration?

Will chloe everton ever take a day off?

Bit surprised to switch on there and not be faced with a laptop

(the tsv is a steam cleaner, for those lucky enough to not be watching q)

Could it have anything to do with jilly being the presenter?

I seem to be the only person that doesn't hate jill franks lol

No you aren't. I don't hate JF either, I wouldn't say I am a fan of hers exactly but I don't hate her. I find her unintentionally hilarious and can't really take her seriously, but she does amuse me.

I like Kathy, But Debbie Greenwood was always my fave presenter. Not keen on Jackie, a few times I have been looking for info on an item and she has been too busy rabbiting on about something else. Chuntley is the worst for me. I hate her presenting style. I know a lot of people like Pippa and Julia but I find both of them hard to watch. As for Debbie Flint, she annoys me at times with the hard sell but I do actually like her personality.

If it got to the state where I was "hating" something or someone on TV I would be making use of the remote control.

I really like Catherine Huntley. I find her very genuine and informative. She has a very friendly and warm manner and I feel I would like to go out on a girly day with her. My least favourites are Debbie 'Hard Sell' Flint, Jill 'Skeletor' Franks and I am afraid Alison Keenan just gets on my nerves.

Latest posts

Back