refunds now as credit to account and still not being processed!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PandaBear

Registered Shopper
Please just think before buying from Rocks&Co I am waiting for an quite an expensive refund - day 30 now I have rung up customers services and been told that refunds are now as a credit to your account with them and not credit back to your original payment method what!!!! I have complained about this and they said this is there new terms and conditions and if I want my money back as refund I have to write to them and once agreed by them it will be 7 working days after then before I receive my money back - this is terrible!!!, I wonder if this company will be around for much longer, really worried now if i'm going to get my money back. I have asked to speak to someone in charge but been told I will be unable to do this as they are 'very busy with their current clearance' I have shopped with this for quite some time and no longer after this :( so please think before buying from them. Oh and reason why website is down is because they are updating the terms on conditions on there.

This is disgraceful. They flout the law as if it doesn't exist. I have stopped buying from them because of their lack of care about their customers. To anyone considering buying be very aware and think twice or even three times.

Is that even legal under the Distance Selling Regulations? I notice that during their clearance sale, they are being very quiet about any money back guarantee and with their website not working, customers can not check their T&cs. I recently made the mistake of ordering a 'creation' item, after not buying anything from them for ages. I waited 29 days for it to arrive, didn't like it and sent it back a couple of weeks ago. I'm waiting for a refund. Yesterday I emailed them to check that it had been received and to enquire when I would receive a refund (I know it takes 30 days to process, but thought I would ask anyway). I have always thought that Rocks & Co not routinely acknowledging by email receipt of returns is discourteous. They replied that they had the item and would refund to my card within 30 days. They didn't say anything though about only refunding to my account with them. I would think that they can not apply new T&cs retrospectively.

Please see the previous post "Refunds Not Being Processed" to read mine and others' stories about Rocks & Co breaches of the Consumer Contracts Regulations. I eventually received my refund after 42 days this month and the involvement of my credit card company. I suggest that you also pursue a refund via your credit card company, if this was the method of payment and/or contact the Citizens Advice Bureau.

I phoned the orderline this evening as customer serices option was closed and was told that if you order, you can still return within 10 days as normal practice and there would be a choice for the customer when returning, between a credit to your account or a full refund within 7 days, I said that it was taking 28 or more days at the moment but she was quite certain that within 7 days customer would be refunded or given credit option from now on. Maybe they've been reading the negative comments here, hope this is the way forward for them though.

underhand

I'm shocked to see that Rocks and Co is continuing to ride roughshod over its customers. Looks like it's the new management team that is responsible. It finally took 44 days to get my last refund. I called, was told to email the MD - which I did and was of course ignored. I have one more refund and one last creation order in the pipeline, so will see what happens with those. The problem with their new t&cs is that the creation pieces appear to be treated as ' bespoke' pieces to order which Rocks and Co claim can only be refunded/credited at their discretion, thereby getting round the consumer protection rules. Very underhand.

I'd strongly urge anyone thinking of buying from Rocks and Co not to. I certainly won't buy from them ever again.

PS - just spotted that there's new refunds criticism on their facebook page. read it quick coz the last set of critical comments was slapped down and removed sharpish !!!

If you looked at this forum 4 years ago you wouldn't see a bad word said about Rocks and Co - The company issued refunds with in 7 days of return and things were looking good..

Fast forward 4 years and it's complaint after complaint and it's terrible to see. The customer is the most important part of any business, and providing an excellent service and keeping them happy is paramount. It's ok saying we've sent you this or done that, but my guess is from my own professional experience is that this decision has been made to halt the flow of refunds, and keep more cash in the bank. Very clever from a financial point of view but shocking for the consumer.

Here's my advice.

1) The terms and conditions may well have changed, but the the ones on the back of your invoice and at the time of purchase will be the ones that are relevant to you. If you enter a contract based on a certain set of terms and conditions these must be adhered. Forget that they have changed them, sent emails etc etc..

2) Email trading standards - If trading standards get enough emails then they will investigate - or how about emailing watchdog? This story would be new territory.

3) Forget facebook and twitter to complain - Use trustpilot. Why? Because if enough people review a company, when you search for Rocks and Co it will automatically (after 3 months from the first review) give the company a star rating. If this is low it will prompt people to read reviews and take notice.

4) Do not give up - if the MD refuses to email you back it, then write to him by letter and send it recorded delivery. He can pretend he didn't get an email, but no getting round a recorded letter. If he doesn't reply then it's more fuel to the fire.

5) Get your money out ASAP - If they do go bust you can kiss goodbye to your money!

Good luck!

If you looked at this forum 4 years ago you wouldn't see a bad word said about Rocks and Co - The company issued refunds with in 7 days of return and things were looking good.. Fast forward 4 years and it's complaint after complaint and it's terrible to see. The customer is the most important part of any business, and providing an excellent service and keeping them happy is paramount. It's ok saying we've sent you this or done that, but my guess is from my own professional experience is that this decision has been made to halt the flow of refunds, and keep more cash in the bank. Very clever from a financial point of view but shocking for the consumer. Here's my advice. 1) The terms and conditions may well have changed, but the the ones on the back of your invoice and at the time of purchase will be the ones that are relevant to you. If you enter a contract based on a certain set of terms and conditions these must be adhered. Forget that they have changed them, sent emails etc etc.. 2) Email trading standards - If trading standards get enough emails then they will investigate - or how about emailing watchdog? This story would be new territory. 3) Forget facebook and twitter to complain - Use trustpilot. Why? Because if enough people review a company, when you search for Rocks and Co it will automatically (after 3 months from the first review) give the company a star rating. If this is low it will prompt people to read reviews and take notice. 4) Do not give up - if the MD refuses to email you back it, then write to him by letter and send it recorded delivery. He can pretend he didn't get an email, but no getting round a recorded letter. If he doesn't reply then it's more fuel to the fire. 5) Get your money out ASAP - If they do go bust you can kiss goodbye to your money! Good luck!

Wise words

The adverts on this channel at the moment are really terrible. They make it sound like the company is in denial about something that is going wrong behind the scenes. I have never watched this channel before, but if tonight is anything to go by, they look like they are very close to calling in the administrators but they don't want to admit it. That is what I think. Switch on now to see what I mean. The adverts about delivery issues, website problems etc are on constant loop.

Oh look, I post that and now they're back! Those ads must've been played out at least 5 times on loop over the last few minutes. And now the presenter is stating that the on screen graphics are incorrect too!

In a slight edit to my earlier post, I have come to the conclusion that at the moment this channel is playing the same game that Bid used to do - oh dear, we've had a big technical problem earlier so we are now a long way behind schedule, but trust us, we're doing things much faster now and you'll get silly prices as a thank you for sticking around. This is like Bid all over again! Even the shocked face... No! Surely we cannot be going that low? The highlight of the night so far was the presenter losing her microphone down into her general boob area and then having to reach in to find it. What I am enjoying is how the presenter sometimes turns into Nessa from Gavin and Stacy... "Oh!"

Entertaining rubbish. Must be a bad TV night. What else is on?

I feel for anyone having issues with the refunds. Are there any updates to this issue?

Have received my final creation piece - it's gorgeous and I'm delighted with it. I'd carry on buying if Rocks's new management hadn't changed payments and refunds to the disadvantage of customers. I have one refund outstanding which after 30 days I have chased and been told it's a credit on my account, and that a refund request will take another 7 working days and to allow 5 further days for it to appear on my credit card. This of course reflects the experience others have had. But it's rubbish treatment of a loyal customer who's spent a fair bit over the years!

Have you seen Vicky G doing an info piece during the breaks and welcoming the 1000s' of new customers. A not too subtle way of letting their complaining long term customers know that they no longer matter perhaps?!!!

Have received my final creation piece - it's gorgeous and I'm delighted with it. I'd carry on buying if Rocks's new management hadn't changed payments and refunds to the disadvantage of customers. I have one refund outstanding which after 30 days I have chased and been told it's a credit on my account, and that a refund request will take another 7 working days and to allow 5 further days for it to appear on my credit card. This of course reflects the experience others have had. But it's rubbish treatment of a loyal customer who's spent a fair bit over the years!

Have you seen Vicky G doing an info piece during the breaks and welcoming the 1000s' of new customers. A not too subtle way of letting their complaining long term customers know that they no longer matter perhaps?!!!

Pretty sure they don't have 1000's of new customers, in fact i wouldn't be surprised if they'd lost 1000s. You'd be lucky if 50 people watched the sky show on after 6pm, so who knows where they get the 1000's from. More false advertising to manipulate the customer, something i always hated about the company - The marketing is non existent. They used to ask customers (i'm not sure if they still do) if they watch on Sky, Freeview or Freesat at the end of a call. That was the pinnacle of the marketing nous at Rocks and Co.

Well I have finally received my refund after 45 days!!!! it is worrying why they are holding onto customers money for such a long time. Also this so called 'clearance' still carrying on after weeks doesn't look good for them as a company does it

Well I have finally received my refund after 45 days!!!! it is worrying why they are holding onto customers money for such a long time. Also this so called 'clearance' still carrying on after weeks doesn't look good for them as a company does it

The presenter admitted on air this evening that this clearance is Rocks and Co. getting rid of all of their "sample pieces that the various PR companies have sent in" and he went on to explain that this is why they only have one size available at any one time, and if the same piece is on again later, it is because the PR company sent samples in more than one size.

The presenter admitted on air this evening that this clearance is Rocks and Co. getting rid of all of their "sample pieces that the various PR companies have sent in" and he went on to explain that this is why they only have one size available at any one time, and if the same piece is on again later, it is because the PR company sent samples in more than one size.

They have been saying this from the start of their clearance, but I am afraid I don't believe them. I have watched occasionally, at different times of the day, and seen the same pieces come up time and again, in the same size and in different sizes and different coloured gold. I don't understand why they don't just admit that they are getting rid of excess creation stock, that must be normal practice for a business. I feel like we are being misled and I don't really understand why.

"sample pieces that the various PR companies have sent in" .............. what enough to run shows for days on end?

"sample pieces that the various PR companies have sent in" .............. what enough to run shows for days on end?

If you believe this you'll believe anything... Various Pr companies? Like who? A company of this size and capabilities doesn't have any decent PR contacts. 1 maybe, 2 possibly but enough to do a sale for weeks on end. Not a chance!

Latest posts

Back