Refunds

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I Love Chocolate

Registered Shopper
Returned November's Laura Geller TSV on 17 January by normal second class post.

Refunded (3 x easy pays) on 22 January.

Have to say I'm impressed.

Whenever I returned something to QVC, I never one, not once, had a refund in under two weeks it was more nearer to four weeks, with Ideal World it's the norm where every return I've ever sent back I've had my cash back in under a week, you get used to that sort of service were it doesn't become impressive anymore, just the usual.

i hate qvcs slow refund process so only buy what i know i will like...cant be bothered with the endless phone calls and irritation

i hate qvcs slow refund process so only buy what i know i will like...cant be bothered with the endless phone calls and irritation

Same here. The 30 day MBG is irrelevant to me, I never use it because I only buy what I know I like/want. Buying something to try it out and then returning it under the 30 day MBG is such a protracted process.

Same here. The 30 day MBG is irrelevant to me, I never use it because I only buy what I know I like/want. Buying something to try it out and then returning it under the 30 day MBG is such a protracted process.

I agree Elaaa, when I used to shop with QVC, the 30 day mbg was of absolutely no importance to me either because I never ordered any expensive skincare or clothes, but the things I did order were already used by someone else, so that's when I thought that's it, enough's enough! I refused from then to pay for other people to use an item and return it in thirty days, then try to be passed off as a new item by QVC to me and charged full price, quite deceitful when you think about it. I always knew instantly if I was keeping an item so it was more like 30 seconds for me, not 30 days. But let's be honest, we all know that if QVC stopped their 30 day mbg or even reduced it, they'd be out of business before the weeks out, it's funny really because when the likes Of Chuntley bang on about it as if they're doing you a favour, when in fact, it's designed to actually keep them In business.

Indeed shopperholic! The 30 day MBG doesn't come for free, it's factored into the cost of the item and p&p. If they were to get rid of it there'd be no way they'd lower their prices, so it's even less incentive to shop with them.

Indeed shopperholic! The 30 day MBG doesn't come for free, it's factored into the cost of the item and p&p. If they were to get rid of it there'd be no way they'd lower their prices, so it's even less incentive to shop with them.

That's true, yes I agree. :mysmilie_3: If they stopped easy-pay and 30 mbg all they'd have to offer are products that are more expensive than anywhere else, slow expensive p&p etc, oooh quite scary for them when you think about it. :mysmilie_17:

I agree Elaaa, when I used to shop with QVC, the 30 day mbg was of absolutely no importance to me either because I never ordered any expensive skincare or clothes, but the things I did order were already used by someone else, so that's when I thought that's it, enough's enough! I refused from then to pay for other people to use an item and return it in thirty days, then try to be passed off as a new item by QVC to me and charged full price, quite deceitful when you think about it. I always knew instantly if I was keeping an item so it was more like 30 seconds for me, not 30 days. But let's be honest, we all know that if QVC stopped their 30 day mbg or even reduced it, they'd be out of business before the weeks out, it's funny really because when the likes Of Chuntley bang on about it as if they're doing you a favour, when in fact, it's designed to actually keep them In business.

I have been thinking about the 30 day MBG lately (I was going to start a thread about it). Like you, I tend to buy what I already pretty well know I will like. If others find it useful though, particularly for new ranges of makeup, for example, I do respect that.

The MBG clearly adds to the price of everything, as you say, and I never use it either. In the early days I ordered a couple of rings in two sizes and returned the ones that didn't fit but I haven't bought jewellery from QVC for a year or two. Don't Ideal World have a thing where you can purchase a return label in advance so if you change your mind, it's inexpensive? That's such a good idea - it would be perfect for the situation with ordering more than one of something for size and would be the only "insurance" I would need.

Where Q's MBG is completely useless is on "repeat purchases". If you got a TSV with a cleanser in which you loved and you wanted to buy another from the Q website, why would you need the MBG? I would far rather pay a bit less on the understanding I couldn't return it unless faulty/damaged. As it is, most things are cheaper elsewhere (if they're not exclusive to QVC, of course). Can't see QVC bringing in a "two-tier system" though, especially as the MBG is one of their biggest selling points. And it would send them into meltdown - they can't cope with orders and their own systems as it is!

I have been thinking about the 30 day MBG lately (I was going to start a thread about it). Like you, I tend to buy what I already pretty well know I will like. If others find it useful though, particularly for new ranges of makeup, for example, I do respect that.

The MBG clearly adds to the price of everything, as you say, and I never use it either. In the early days I ordered a couple of rings in two sizes and returned the ones that didn't fit but I haven't bought jewellery from QVC for a year or two. Don't Ideal World have a thing where you can purchase a return label in advance so if you change your mind, it's inexpensive? That's such a good idea - it would be perfect for the situation with ordering more than one of something for size and would be the only "insurance" I would need.

Where Q's MBG is completely useless is on "repeat purchases". If you got a TSV with a cleanser in which you loved and you wanted to buy another from the Q website, why would you need the MBG? I would far rather pay a bit less on the understanding I couldn't return it unless faulty/damaged. As it is, most things are cheaper elsewhere (if they're not exclusive to QVC, of course). Can't see QVC bringing in a "two-tier system" though, especially as the MBG is one of their biggest selling points. And it would send them into meltdown - they can't cope with orders and their own systems as it is!

Ideal World do free returns through Asda Andi, you can print a form off in Asda if you lose the one they give you with your order, if you're not near an Asda you can buy a Collect + label when you place your order, both are tracked, and it comes with your order for £1.49 so you can send your order back through any Collect + outlet for £1.49 an option the multi multi million pound ball of profit that is QVC will never give their customers.

Ideal World do free returns through Asda Andi, you can print a form off in Asda if you lose the one they give you with your order, if you're not near an Asda you can buy a Collect + label when you place your order, both are tracked, and it comes with your order for £1.49 so you can send your order back through any Collect + outlet fir £1.49 something the multi million pound profit QVC will never give their customers.

You see, that's brilliant. I've said a few times, I should look more seriously at IW. Maybe I'll have a look on st.com for what people recommend. Sadly, I find their tv presentations really poor and even more irritating than QVC's. Much as we laugh at QVC, I do think they are a bit more polished. Not sure everyone would agree though!

You see, that's brilliant. I've said a few times, I should look more seriously at IW. Maybe I'll have a look on st.com for what people recommend. Sadly, I find their tv presentations really poor and even more irritating than QVC's. Much as we laugh at QVC, I do think they are a bit more polished. Not sure everyone would agree though!

I know they're pains in the bum on Ideal World but when I've watched the manic, rushed presentations on QVC (for seconds) the calm when I hop on to Ideal World is so welcomed, but then I hop off to Sky plus. :mysmilie_17: To be honest Andi, I only watch the presentation on Ideal World if I really want to see how something works, presenters don't influence my shopping habits, but most of the time I just browse on the website and buy from there, so I very rarely watch. I do recommend Ideal World products and service though, I'm buying Skinn tomorrow night, the beauty Pick Of The Day because I've used it before and it's brilliant, I also buy many of my clothes from there too, I've just bought two tops for £14 (£6.99 each) both delivered for 1 p&p because it's one item number, one p&p no matter how many colours or sizes you order, with free returns, that's my type of shopping. :mysmilie_17: But like we always say, each to their own. :mysmilie_3:

I've only used the 30 day MBG twice I think in all the years I've been shopping with them. Both times it was for TSV make up sets that looked great on TV but turned out to be nothing like the colours shown in real life. Oh & a Gatineau TSV that contained a neck cream that caused my neck to burn, swell & turn bright red on first application.
I just might be using it again though with this IT first TSV as it doesn't seem much like the demonstrations they gave, much thicker consistency.

I know they're pains in the bum on Ideal World but when I've watched the manic, rushed presentations on QVC (for seconds) the calm when I hop on to Ideal World is so welcomed, but then I hop off to Sky plus. :mysmilie_17: To be honest Andi, I only watch the presentation on Ideal World if I really want to see how something works, presenters don't influence my shopping habits, but most of the time I just browse on the website and buy from there, so I very rarely watch. I do recommend Ideal World products and service though, I'm buying Skinn tomorrow night, the beauty Pick Of The Day because I've used it before and it's brilliant, I also buy many of my clothes from there too, I've just bought two tops for £14 (£6.99 each) both delivered for 1 p&p because it's one item number, one p&p no matter how many colours or sizes you order, with free returns, that's my type of shopping. :mysmilie_17: But like we always say, each to their own. :mysmilie_3:

I promise I'll give IW a go. I remember the Skinn recommendation - must have been yours - and I would definitely go for it if I didn't have a stack of beauty stuff at the moment. As I've vastly reduced what I buy from QVC, instead of getting my stash top-up from them next time, I'll go for Skinn! The P&P deal sounds extremely fair - how many times have we spoken on here about how Q should have a cap on postage, one P&P for one order of any size, etc. By the way, do they use Hermes? Sorry, this is not about QVC but interesting to compare.

I've only used the 30 day MBG twice I think in all the years I've been shopping with them. Both times it was for TSV make up sets that looked great on TV but turned out to be nothing like the colours shown in real life. Oh & a Gatineau TSV that contained a neck cream that caused my neck to burn, swell & turn bright red on first application.
I just might be using it again though with this IT first TSV as it doesn't seem much like the demonstrations they gave, much thicker consistency.

These are the sorts of returns that the MBG is perfect for, I agree. So shouldn't knock it really. I still think they should offer a better deal on repeat purchases where we are sure we aren't taking a risk because we know the product. I know they won't though, not this millennium anyway.

I use the 30 day MBG when I feel I have been rash & ordered something I don't really need like a Lola Rose bracelet recently which I returned in a couple of days & so got the original P&P refunded too & the return was about £1.I am trying some Alpha H skincare @ the moment & not sure if it is for me so will use a few times & then decide if it goes back or not.Of course all of this costs--original P&P around £5 & then the return so you may be looking at £8-£10 for this.I have cut down my ordering greatly & have just had a little spree at the moment but am reeling myself in again! Chuntley really gets on my nerves how she goes on& on about the 30 day MBG-- seems more than anyone else? but remember the costs!

I promise I'll give IW a go. I remember the Skinn recommendation - must have been yours - and I would definitely go for it if I didn't have a stack of beauty stuff at the moment. As I've vastly reduced what I buy from QVC, instead of getting my stash top-up from them next time, I'll go for Skinn! The P&P deal sounds extremely fair - how many times have we spoken on here about how Q should have a cap on postage, one P&P for one order of any size, etc. By the way, do they use Hermes? Sorry, this is not about QVC but interesting to compare.

They do use Hermes, they don't use Royal Mail at all, even the tiniest of items come by Hermes, that's so that they can track your order, you get about four tracking emails from order to delivery so you always know were your little box of goodies are. :mysmilie_17: No it wasn't me who recommended Skinn, someone said (I'm so sorry I can't remember who) that they'd used it and said it was great, and I agreed, because it really is. :mysmilie_14:

There's no reason on this earth why QVC can't offer their customers an option to order a Collect+ label when placing an order, I mean it's not exactly costing them anything because they make their profit on the p&p going out not coming back. All I can think of why they won't offer it, is because it's predominantly an American company, and if they don't offer it (or something similar) in QVC USA, they won't do it here on QVC UK.

There's no reason on this earth why QVC can't offer their customers an option to order a Collect+ label when placing an order, I mean it's not exactly costing them anything because they make their profit on the p&p going out not coming back. All I can think of why they won't offer it, is because it's predominantly an American company, and if they don't offer it (or something similar) in QVC USA, they won't do it here on QVC UK.
Collect plus is too reliable and too quick, it just won't do for QVC to speed up the returns process, they want your money for as long as possible :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back