Rename Ideal world TV The Sally Jacks Channel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:mysmilie_17: A classic! This image will stay with me for a long time, Petespants.

At least most IW presenters don't or can't pretend to be anything but what they are however awful. Those on QVC are as you say, and I agree with in terms of the majority,so far up their their own pretentious a****they can probably see daylight.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind IW. You may have to bypass Sally Jacks for what she is, but overall it's much more fun and entertaining without the "up-their-assness" that QVC has developed. I'm sure the Queen wouldn't be impressed with what they sell, but I'm not in the market for spending £150+ plus P&P for a couple of basic tops (MW + Join). The stuff IW sell is basic but affordable and perfectly wearable day to day.

Absolutely spot on. :clapping: I don't take any notice of the presenters, they all get on my chesticles, but you're right, the products are good quality and affordable, and the channel doesn't pretend to be anything other than what they are. Would you ever get QVC capping the p&p or one item number one p&p, regardless of how many you order, different sizes, different colours and if you're not happy, send it back for free? Well I think we all know the answer to that one.

My dog hides the moment she hears Sally Jacks voice,who ever employed SJ must have been deaf,the voice gets on my nerves,let alone SJ manner and patronising of the viewers,talking to viewers like they are Children or Imbeciles.why ideal world continues to employ Sally Jacks I will never know.she is rubbish at Presenting.

Sally screeching on about the crappy Tower pie-maker.

She went on about her 'pie hole'. Classy.

Had to laugh at your post Greg, but just think how bad it could have been if were Poo Poo presenting, he would be not only talking about his P hole, but from it as well.

Strangely she said she needed a sat nav to even get to the kitchen and had never heard of a lattice cutter, which they're trying to flog with it

How did she manage to come joint first place on Come Dine with Me three years ago with this I wonder?.......

Halloumi Stuffed Peppers for starter, Posh Fish ‘n’ Chips served with salt ‘n’ vinegar sauce, minted mushy peas and tomato fondue for main, and a dessert of Meringue Gelato Cake with mixed berries and chocolate sauce :mysmilie_46:

Wish Sally Jacks would shut her Pie Hole,watched SJ on the Tower Pie Maker this Morning & she couldn't pronounce the word Bolognaise correctly when talking about Spag Bol,wonder if she mispronounces certain words purposely.SJ is so common,can't stand SJ. I wonder how she was a winner on Come Dine with Me,if what she said about needing Satnav to find the Kitchen.

I had hoped that IW had come to their senses and got rid of Sally Jacks permanently,just looked through their TV Schedule and Jacks is back mores the pity,expect Jacks will go on about her Wedding which she does in nearly every show she's on,I am sick of listening to her wittering on about her Wedding,why IW continues to employ Sally Jacks I will never know,she is the worst presenter I have seen on shopping telly channels.

I had hoped that IW had come to their senses and got rid of Sally Jacks permanently,just looked through their TV Schedule and Jacks is back mores the pity,expect Jacks will go on about her Wedding which she does in nearly every show she's on,I am sick of listening to her wittering on about her Wedding,why IW continues to employ Sally Jacks I will never know,she is the worst presenter I have seen on shopping telly channels.

I have to agree, that SJ is not one of my faves either, but if she shifts enough tat that she needs to make her quota, then as far as IW are concerned, she is doing a good job. I used to have IW on in the background, but as soon as she, and DP and MM come on, I turn over for the hour, and so on. :mysmilie_59:

I find her irritating, too. Apart from the regular comments about "my wedding", which I don't think we're ever going to hear the end of, her screechy tone of voice annoys and grates on me, it's a shame she can't do some voice training and try to moderate it a bit.
I have to agree, that SJ is not one of my faves either, but if she shifts enough tat that she needs to make her quota, then as far as IW are concerned, she is doing a good job. I used to have IW on in the background, but as soon as she, and DP and MM come on, I turn over for the hour, and so on. :mysmilie_59:

Watching ideal world now and Sally jacks is on she is trying to sell Bella bodies, her voice is getting on my nerves, so desperately trying to sell these shape wear items, she screams at the telly, doing my head in, be turning off I think,
Where are all the former presenters?
Used to enjoy Leon, she was funny, but recently the presenters are horrendous, watched this Chanel for 9 years, going down hill,

I find her irritating, too. Apart from the regular comments about "my wedding", which I don't think we're ever going to hear the end of, her screechy tone of voice annoys and grates on me, it's a shame she can't do some voice training and try to moderate it a bit.

Look on the bright side: if things go awry, there could be a divorce and another marriage to look forward to. Not only because I would rather be positive ... I wish Sally and her husband a long and happy life together.

Look on the bright side: if things go awry, there could be a divorce and another marriage to look forward to. Not only because I would rather be positive ... I wish Sally and her husband a long and happy life together.

Just switched on IW & Sally Jacks is on yet again,can't believe that IW have kept such a rubbish & patronising presenter as SJ & allowed Loen to leave,Loen as a presenter is in a different class to SJ,imo SJ will never be in the same class as Loen,why Jacks has to screech all the time I will never know,on Monday Jacksie had to say she'd been off for a week in Dubai,pity she didn't stay there permanently or take a 52 week holiday. The way SJ talks to the viewers as if they are children is so annoying and patronising.i for one think IW as a Channel won't be around for much longer.

Her market stall style of presenting, where she screeches at the screen, is terrible, and I find it totally impossible to watch her for longer than 5 minutes or so. It's just not suitable at all for a TV presentation, and she's obviously never been trained to project her voice without screeching - she reminds me of Vicky, one of the Rocks & Co. presenters, who is just as bad. What amazes me is that they get these jobs in the first place, when you think of all the talented people there must be out there who would do a much better job of it AND who have some charisma and personality. Jacks just shouts off her mouth all the time, and the constant harping on her wedding is so boring, makes you wonder if she is trying to convince herself. I don't watch IW a lot, but every time I've turned over and she's on there, I had a bet on how long it would take her to mention her wedding - in one 5 minute slot, she mentioned it twice! We've heard it all before, Sal, now shut up about it and sell the products.

Watching ideal world now and Sally jacks is on she is trying to sell Bella bodies, her voice is getting on my nerves, so desperately trying to sell these shape wear items, she screams at the telly, doing my head in, be turning off I think,
Where are all the former presenters?
Used to enjoy Leon, she was funny, but recently the presenters are horrendous, watched this Chanel for 9 years, going down hill,

Very well put,especially about her b****y Wedding,wish she'd shut up about her Wedding,I for one would not buy any product from any show that Sally Jacks presents,in all the time IW has been on which I think is 16 years,Sally Jacks is the worst ever presenter they have had,I am actually surprised that IW continues to employ such an awful carp presenter,who can't even pronounce certain words e.g Cobalt is pronounced Cold bolt by SJ,Décolletage is pronounced Dec Leo Tage by SJ.I bet SJ thinks she's such a good presenter.

SJ was selling pro skins earlier on & started going on about her ****** wedding,I don't think it matters what she's selling she goes on about her wedding in every show she presents.

Latest posts

Back