Rename Ideal world TV The Sally Jacks Channel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It might be a more credible topic to talk about, depending on what the product is that she's supposed to be selling?

She (our Sal)has recently been on selling Dormeo bed stuff.Appropriate for wedding comments by some people maybe but as I turned on towards the end of the show may have missed out.She was rolling around on the bed demonstrating its softness (see attached still shot). 20161029_125710.jpg

Was Sally demonstrating what she was doing on her WEDDING night... :mysmilie_10:

images-3.jpegWell if she was it must have been some kind of strange game because she was rolling around backwards and forwards across the bed.I didn't switch on to the channel until near the end.She was like a big slug on speed.

Last edited:
I saw a Dormeo show & Sally Jacks was jumping on the bed and the wedding got several mentions,who caters about her Wedding or wants to hear about it,I couldn't give a Monkeys about her wedding and wish she'd shut up about it,I agree she is a like big slug on Speed.

I don't normally mind Sally, but I've just seen her doing "a Mike Mason" and she has gone right down in my estimation. Selling a Halogen oven which is a fairly okay-ish deal as it includes a free extender ring and cookbook, though you can actually buy a larger halogen oven elsewhere cheaper (so no need for the extender), however, "busiest part of the hour"...yada yada, yeah right ho, but then she launched into this horrible agressive speil about how you need to get on them phones/check out your basket right now because it's like when you're in a shop where a sale is on, and there's a bouncer there, saying right one in, one out luv -'urry up!....dunno where she shops, certainly not any high street shop I've ever visited even when there's a sale on! Of course, she said you're on the phone in the comfort of your own home, there's not a bouncer - but it's the same thing! No, Sally it isn't! Yes, they'll probably shift a few extra units due to the extra bits and bobs and the free postage, but I doubt if anyone who wants to buy it has any chance whatsoever of missing out. I really wish they'd stop the "pressure tactics" it's so unprofessional and I think it makes "them" look like the desparate ones.....and perhaps they should say...we've 'ad these ****** things knocking around our warehouse for 3 years and we want rid, so we'll throw a few useless extras in for nothing...please FGS take 'em off our hands! pleeeese, were begging you, pleeeesee!

:mysmilie_15: An apt description! I watched about 5 seconds of the show this morning, and once it registered it was Shrieking Sal on there, the remote got pressed. Awful woman.

I saw a Dormeo show & Sally Jacks was jumping on the bed and the wedding got several mentions,who caters about her Wedding or wants to hear about it,I couldn't give a Monkeys about her wedding and wish she'd shut up about it,I agree she is a like big slug on Speed.

These aggressive, 'hard-sell' techniques are going to rebound on them big-time, in my opinion (and it's not just IW, it's all of them now). Shrieking Sal is talking out of her rear end, as usual, about a 'one-in-one-out' system - haven't noticed it in my local Asda or M & S when there's been a sale on lately! Stupid woman. I hate this aggressive sales pitch selling and the sooner these channels realise it's turning people off the better. This is one of the reasons why shopping telly is going down the tubes.

I don't normally mind Sally, but I've just seen her doing "a Mike Mason" and she has gone right down in my estimation. Selling a Halogen oven which is a fairly okay-ish deal as it includes a free extender ring and cookbook, though you can actually buy a larger halogen oven elsewhere cheaper (so no need for the extender), however, "busiest part of the hour"...yada yada, yeah right ho, but then she launched into this horrible agressive speil about how you need to get on them phones/check out your basket right now because it's like when you're in a shop where a sale is on, and there's a bouncer there, saying right one in, one out luv -'urry up!....dunno where she shops, certainly not any high street shop I've ever visited even when there's a sale on! Of course, she said you're on the phone in the comfort of your own home, there's not a bouncer - but it's the same thing! No, Sally it isn't! Yes, they'll probably shift a few extra units due to the extra bits and bobs and the free postage, but I doubt if anyone who wants to buy it has any chance whatsoever of missing out. I really wish they'd stop the "pressure tactics" it's so unprofessional and I think it makes "them" look like the desparate ones.....and perhaps they should say...we've 'ad these ****** things knocking around our warehouse for 3 years and we want rid, so we'll throw a few useless extras in for nothing...please FGS take 'em off our hands! pleeeese, were begging you, pleeeesee!

:mysmilie_15: I caught a bit of this and thought she was behaving really oddly (more oddly than usual, that is). And when in heaven's name is she going to shut up about the blurdy wedding? We get it, Sal. You got married. Yippee. Now shut up about it, we're bored.

View attachment 12851Well if she was it must have been some kind of strange game because she was rolling around backwards and forwards across the bed.I didn't switch on to the channel until near the end.She was like a big slug on speed.

£40 Delivered isn't a bad deal, it's not a great deal either. It's just a par for the course deal isn't it?

These machines can be bought and delivered from all and sundry either for the same price, a bit less or a bit more.

I guess what I'm saying is there's no particular reason why you'd feel you really need to get it from them, it's a bit meh.

They're good though, we use ours all the time but I don't care what they say about cooking times. Nobody is telling me they cook faster than a traditional oven but they are a damn sight easier to clean! :mysmilie_59:

If you phoned up and they didn't have one.. I'm pretty sure they'd facking build one on the spot, to get the money.

I agree historymysterery,i am sick to death hearing about her ****** wedding,at least she is off this week,thank goodness.

Just checked tomorrow's TV schedule and Sally Jacks is presenting Six shows in 1 day,why IW give her so many hours presenting,I will never know,it was nice to be able to watch last week,knowing I would not have to listen to Sally Jacks awful voice screeching or her aggressive selling manner.

Just checked tomorrow's TV schedule and Sally Jacks is presenting Six shows in 1 day,why IW give her so many hours presenting,I will never know,it was nice to be able to watch last week,knowing I would not have to listen to Sally Jacks awful voice screeching or her aggressive selling manner.

AmyG, I think there may still be a few of us on here who are really still in two minds as to your thoughts about the voice, and presenting skills of said Ms Jaxx. Please be more specific. :mysmilie_17:

When she was on Bid TV there was an example of aggressive selling. Something was being offered "cheaply" but clearly the public were not that interested and were not buying it. She was clearly offended by this and shouted to the camera that she was going to stop off at a police station on her way back and report a daylight robbery! They set the ****** prices not us. Very aggressive, I for one just shout at the TV (I know, so immature) and change channels when I hear aggressive selling like that.

When she was on Bid TV there was an example of aggressive selling. Something was being offered "cheaply" but clearly the public were not that interested and were not buying it. She was clearly offended by this and shouted to the camera that she was going to stop off at a police station on her way back and report a daylight robbery! They set the ****** prices not us. Very aggressive, I for one just shout at the TV (I know, so immature) and change channels when I hear aggressive selling like that.

She was offended? Oh my Lord!!! Robbery? Yes, I've heard variations on that theme before, though not from Sally and it never fails to make me angry - How dare they?

I remember a particular female presenter on bid some years back (can't remember name) The price had dropped to what the item was probably worth, and she shrieked "C'mon, you're stealing from me now, when the auction had finished, she threw her arms up in the air and lunged towards the camera and shouted "You're all thieves, the lotta ya!" I was furious!

You wouldn't hear that kind of disrespect shown in a shop. It would be like me reducing the bread and cakes at the end of the day and shouting " Come on you scavengers, fill yer boots!"

I know that on the auction channels, they tried to make it look like the customer was controlling the prices, but they always made sure that a product wouldn't go under the minimum price they'd set, yes there was variations from time to time, depending how busy they were, what time and day the auction took place, but nobody was getting something for less than they were prepared to sell it for, and they were most certainly not stealing!

Disgusting - IW for all it's faults NEVER sold things in an aggressive manner, well not until they became the new Bid!

Latest posts

Back