Rename Ideal world TV The Sally Jacks Channel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

adam82uk

Registered Shopper
That's right rename Ideal world TV To The Sally Jacks Channel. Sally Jacks always on or her mate geneplease and dennice oh smiley aussie rick hay. All this channel sells nowadays is fashion and fitness and crappy diy products. Does anyone on this forum like sally jacks or like me find her cringe worthy.

Last edited:
I think she's awful. Her voice grates on you, and makes my cat head for the garden door, wanting to be let out (impeccable taste, our moggy's got). But then every time I've switched to IW in the last couple of days it's been vacuum cleaners, vacuum cleaners, vacuum cleaners ......oh, and did I mention vacuum cleaners?

Vacuum cleaners, heaters and plastic tents being sold as clothes. I think the screeching is to distract from the poor stock.

But what's the alternative? Delightful cruises to places whose human rights' attitudes would even make Hitler think they've gone too far; more "healthy cooking" by overweight men who make Fanny Craddock look like Delia Smith and Nigella Lawson combined; man-made "jewels" that look like something from a Lucky Bag being sold as if they're the finest diamonds; or crappy watches even your local market stall holders think look too cheap to sell?

The presenters are looking more manic than ever trying to flog the same products over and over again (although of course you need to rush to the phone, because the stock's selling out until it re-appears in 2 hours time). De Knees (aka Bees Knees) was looking increasingly wild-eyed the other night, almost pleading with us to buy.

Vacuum cleaners, heaters and plastic tents being sold as clothes. I think the screeching is to distract from the poor stock.

But what's the alternative? Delightful cruises to places whose human rights' attitudes would even make Hitler think they've gone too far; more "healthy cooking" by overweight men who make Fanny Craddock look like Delia Smith and Nigella Lawson combined; man-made "jewels" that look like something from a Lucky Bag being sold as if they're the finest diamonds; or crappy watches even your local market stall holders think look too cheap to sell?

I'm convinced it's all part of her strategy for world domination. She does seem to get a lot of hours, and has overtaken Pope Pete's Olympic record for Greatest Number of Hours Spouting Carp in one week.

That's right rename Ideal world TV To The Sally Jacks Channel. Sally Jacks always on or her mate geneplease and dennice oh smiley aussie rick hay. All this channel sells nowadays is fashion and fitness and crappy diy products. Does anyone on this forum like sally jacks or like me find her cringe worthy.

You totally summed IW up. It's just sellling loads of crap with cringeworthy presenters. That Sal just screeches and makes me instantly switch over when she is on.

It would appear that apart from her vocal 'talent',she has taken over as the I W fashion guru. She does all the clothing shows I think.(By the way if you need a fix of Pete he's being disgusting as he Shadazzles)

I suspect eventually she will only present fashion as she genuinely believes she is a guru of sorts.

I'm surprised they haven't already brought over the ''Sallurday'' thing from bid. They brought everything else except the entertainment.

Me neither I cannot stand Sally Jacks,she is so common & the way she talks down to the viewers as if there are Children is so patronising,I cannot believe IW have kept Sally Jacks as a presenter and let Loen leave IW,Loen is a much better presenter than SJ will ever be.

I do like Sally Jacks and prefer her to every other IW presenter, so there.

I did like Sally as a presenter but not so long ago she delivered one of the most aggressive sales pitches I have ever seen on a TV shopping channel; she must have been told off by management for missing sales targets (or similar) for something like that to have happened. That and the wilful (?) mispronunciation of words which has nothing to do with having a regional accent.

'Likeable' Sally is sadly only a thin veneer and she's as tough as nails underneath; indeed it's easier to imagine Pope Peter Simon being nicer in real life than Screeching Sally. Anyone who disagrees with that assessment would surely change their mind if they knew exactly how unpleasant her sales pitch can become.

I did like Sally as a presenter but not so long ago she delivered one of the most aggressive sales pitches I have ever seen on a TV shopping channel; she must have been told off by management for missing sales targets (or similar) for something like that to have happened. That and the wilful (?) mispronunciation of words which has nothing to do with having a regional accent.

'Likeable' Sally is sadly only a thin veneer and she's as tough as nails underneath; indeed it's easier to imagine Pope Peter Simon being nicer in real life than Screeching Sally. Anyone who disagrees with that assessment would surely change their mind if they knew exactly how unpleasant her sales pitch can become.

I wouldn't bother: I've seen people passionately defend Gollum (even women, who say his misogynistic rants are nothing more than "cheeky banter"). We all know that there are plenty who overlook or ignore the way Pope Pete targets the old and vulnerable, "mis-says" flexi-pay instalments as the full price, and comes out with the kind of filth that would make Bernard Manning blush in embarrassment. So of course Screechin' Sal will have her admirers.

And there's no point arguing or remonstrating with them. If these people can publicly declare their love for the worst of Bid.tv's gallery of cash-grabbing ghouls, then they aren't going to listen to anyone who can't see how they can. Is best to just back slowly away...

:mysmilie_11:

BTW, has anyone noticed that the presenters are now doing posh (at least for Ideal) voiceovers for tat? Banshee Gen, Joanne MetroGoldwynMayer, Gollum.. And even Sally "Jacks with a XXX".

I almost didn't recognise her. She was calm, intelligible and didn't raise her voice once!

So if the cash-grabbing ghouls can manage to communicate in a fairly normal and restrained manner when doing pre-recorded voiceovers, WHY can't they manage it when presenting live shows?

I hate the screeching and bawling. It's why I hardly bother watching Ideal World these days. At least the car crash nature of Bid TV was somewhat entertaining and worth having a laugh at.

Ideal World is just one long never-ending tragic M1 motorway pile-up...

Every channel seems to have their share of presenters who have to scream and bawl or just be generally obnoxious and rude. I'm beginning to wonder if there is a competition to find the worst one . However,some channels seem to have more potential winners than others.

I don't mind IW. You may have to bypass Sally Jacks for what she is, but overall it's much more fun and entertaining without the "up-their-assness" that QVC has developed. I'm sure the Queen wouldn't be impressed with what they sell, but I'm not in the market for spending £150+ plus P&P for a couple of basic tops (MW + Join). The stuff IW sell is basic but affordable and perfectly wearable day to day.

At least most IW presenters don't or can't pretend to be anything but what they are however awful. Those on QVC are as you say, and I agree with in terms of the majority,so far up their their own pretentious a****they can probably see daylight.

Last edited:
Me too. It turns me off straight away when the screaming starts. Why on earth do they have to be so manic? And there's no genuine humour and repartee - it's just smutty innuendos and stupid jokes.

I hate the screeching and bawling. It's why I hardly bother watching Ideal World these days. At least the car crash nature of Bid TV was somewhat entertaining and worth having a laugh at.

Ideal World is just one long never-ending tragic M1 motorway pile-up...

Latest posts

Back