Rent A Ruth

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Langsford & Holmes are really 'putting themselves out there' since getting the elbow from their morning tv slot. Opening my woman's magazine I saw an ad for river cruising, and included in the cost was time spent with Ruth & Eamonn. Clearly they've now joined the ranks of other slebs who get a free holiday by 'entertaining' the paying masses on cruises.

I'll admit some can be entertaining - I've seen some top liners on Cunard trips - one who stands out was Jane Russell, and it was mesmerising listening about her star studded film career and stories about her friend Marilyn Monroe. Somehow I don't think that watching the 'banter' between Ruth & Eamonn relate home and work stories will match up to an iconic star of the silver screen.

Well, in recent magazine articles they have written profusely about the constant pain that Eamonn is in, due to 3 spine discs which are giving him gyp, yet he's managing to go on a meet and greet river cruise !

I am surprised Ruth has any time to do anything apart from her QVC range! She makes it sound as though she is so involved in ‘deciding this‘, ‘wanting that ‘ in relation to the garments she is presenting.I would imagine she is shown sample garments and makes a few comments about what she likes and doesn’t like and there it is weeks later on the hanger.Easy peasy this designing lark.

I am surprised Ruth has any time to do anything apart from her QVC range! She makes it sound as though she is so involved in ‘deciding this‘, ‘wanting that ‘ in relation to the garments she is presenting.I would imagine she is shown sample garments and makes a few comments about what she likes and doesn’t like and there it is weeks later on the hanger.Easy peasy this designing lark.
I heard her talking to Kabler the Gabbler about how she 'designs, not exactly Coco Chanel!

They're probably modelling themselves on the 2 Ronnies - and will probably sit on a stage and take questions from the audience about their tv careers. 🥱🥱:sleep::sleep:.

I do tend to watch others who are in the 'thrall' of celebrities. Either standing or sitting, Joe Public have rictus grins, a bit like those who are behind barriers when royalty passes or watching slebs on the red carpet. So I can imagine those breathing the same air as Ruthless and Eamonn will either be in awe or wanting to leap overboard.

I see that she has done a Flint and got her mother that leg thingy since it was so brilliant for Eamon.😇
Ah yes, the leg thingy. £99, Mr CC had to have it, it would help him soooooooooooooo much. Used it once and I'm going to sell it :devilish:

Ruth and E will talk about equity release. Captive audience. Think how many more cruises you can buy if you cash in your children's inheritance :sneaky:

CC

Langsford & Holmes are really 'putting themselves out there' since getting the elbow from their morning tv slot. Opening my woman's magazine I saw an ad for river cruising, and included in the cost was time spent with Ruth & Eamonn. Clearly they've now joined the ranks of other slebs who get a free holiday by 'entertaining' the paying masses on cruises.

I'll admit some can be entertaining - I've seen some top liners on Cunard trips - one who stands out was Jane Russell, and it was mesmerising listening about her star studded film career and stories about her friend Marilyn Monroe. Somehow I don't think that watching the 'banter' between Ruth & Eamonn relate home and work stories will match up to an iconic star of the silver screen.
Not quite the same as a cruise but our youngest daughter treated us to an afternoon tea on the Belmont British Pullman hosted by Mary Berry. It was a thank for her wedding although we insisted there was no need. Well, it felt as though our hostess wished she wasn’t there. She exchanged a few words with us and refused requests for photographs. I can’t bring myself to share the cost per head for the tea and I still feel upset when I remember how disappointed my daughter was even though we told her we had had a wonderful time.

Not quite the same as a cruise but our youngest daughter treated us to an afternoon tea on the Belmont British Pullman hosted by Mary Berry. It was a thank for her wedding although we insisted there was no need. Well, it felt as though our hostess wished she wasn’t there. She exchanged a few words with us and refused requests for photographs. I can’t bring myself to share the cost per head for the tea and I still feel upset when I remember how disappointed my daughter was even though we told her we had had a wonderful time.
We are going on the Yorkshire Belle on 16th December. We get a champagne breakfast and 5 course lunch plus wine. It is a treat for having 5 holidays cancelled and not holding out much hope for our October one. Expensive yes but can't take money with you when you die and adds friend was told by their money advisor "if you have any money left when you die you haven't lived ". Not sure I agree that sentiment but as we have no children and a lot of relatives are "persona non grata" we have taken some money out of our house.

We are going on the Yorkshire Belle on 16th December. We get a champagne breakfast and 5 course lunch plus wine. It is a treat for having 5 holidays cancelled and not holding out much hope for our October one. Expensive yes but can't take money with you when you die and adds friend was told by their money advisor "if you have any money left when you die you haven't lived ". Not sure I agree that sentiment but as we have no children and a lot of relatives are "persona non grata" we have taken some money out of our house.
That sounds lovely & I totally agree with those words for those who don't have children & many who do!

Latest posts

Back