Repeats

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mommabear

Registered Shopper
Midday show was the Thomas Sanderson 'look after your conservatory' hour. Well how boring I thought and I haven't got a conservatory, so why the hell did I watch it........I don't chuffin know :mysmilie_19:

Anyway I watched about ten minutes of a couple of blokes cleaning and about three times during that time, a still came up and told you what it entailed. At the bottom it said the offer expired at midnight on the 25th August and Paul Becque said 'so you have a few days to decide'. I'm never sure what the date is so I checked.......it's the 26th!

Then I noticed a little addition underneath it all 'offer extended until 6pm 26th August'.

There was no 'repeat' mentioned anywhere on the screen. How often do they do this now?

That's interesting. I saw they were selling blinds and quickly turned over... I don't have a conservatory either (I live on the sixth floor). Also, Paul Becque was presenting it and I tend to avoid him as he always gives me the impression he is talking slowly and loudly to the elderly or thick viewers and comes over patronising! That may not be his intention that is how he appears. Interesting that it was a repeat.

That's interesting. I saw they were selling blinds and quickly turned over... I don't have a conservatory either (I live on the sixth floor). Also, Paul Becque was presenting it and I tend to avoid him as he always gives me the impression he is talking slowly and loudly to the elderly or thick viewers and comes over patronising! That may not be his intention that is how he appears. Interesting that it was a repeat.

I never watch the blind shows but this was a full valet of a conservatory and I just wanted to see how much it would cost. They gave no indication at all what the price would be. They were obviously cleaning the IW conservatory and I thought they might give an estimate of what that sort of size would cost......but no. They gave you a number to ring up for a free quote. You could also request a brochure for their blinds of course.

I'd just get a man in out the paper :wink:

They did mention that if you use a pressure washer on it, you're doing the wrong thing. Don't IW always Karcher theirs?? Apparently it's too fierce and you can create gaps and leaks in the joints. Handy tip for all you conservatory owners :mysmilie_59:

This is a commercial hour that is paid for by Thomas Sanderson - they most likely paid for their previous live show to be repeated again.

This is interesting. On a similar note I read Private Eye and the latest thing is advertising dressed up as newspaper articles. One example was the extremely cash strapped Telegraph who had an interview with Stephen Fry. He name dropped Apple throughout the interview, best company in the world, jaw dropping, life affirming - it was an advert but dressed up as an interview with the paper. Things are not always what they appear to be.

This is interesting. On a similar note I read Private Eye and the latest thing is advertising dressed up as newspaper articles. One example was the extremely cash strapped Telegraph who had an interview with Stephen Fry. He name dropped Apple throughout the interview, best company in the world, jaw dropping, life affirming - it was an advert but dressed up as an interview with the paper. Things are not always what they appear to be.

They normally have to put some sort of notification on "advertorial" content! Is this some sneaky way to obey the letter but not the spirit of that? It may be legal, but is it ethical?

Latest posts

Back