Requests and web site prices ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

faerie

Registered Shopper
hi

not bought anything in ages from Rocks, and have just seen a pair of earrings on Coloured Rocks ...

Can you still request jewellery of Rocks.tv (so I could see it before I bought)

also,if they dont do requests, are the prices on their website still way more than you would pay on an auction (and would then wait for a request hour in the hope the earrings were still in stock....)

They still do some request hours but you need to write to one of the presenters, eg [email protected] they seem to be on early in the mornings but they do, do some at night, the prices are still better in a auction but perhaps not as good as before. Hope that helps xxxxxxx

If you want to check whether an item is being auctioned you can telephone the help team who keep a schedule of items listed for auction over the next few days and will check for you whether the item is listed. Then can tell you the date and the hour the item is due to be scheduled.

If you want to request items for auction again you can telephone the help team and they can tell you when the next request hour/s is/are and who the presenter is. They will then either forward your request to the presenter or you can email a presenter directly. It's usually the christian name followed by @Rock.tv for example [email protected]. The exception is Barry who is [email protected]. Matt and Alan usually always email you back advising you of the time and date they have scheduled your item or letting you know if they can't auction the item. I can't speak for other presenters.....

Jamie and Alan both do request hours first thing in the morning between 8am and 9 am fairly regularly.

If an item sells off the web before it is due to be auctioned - you may find your item request fails to appear at the promised time. It's a judgement call sometimes - do you want something enough to buy it straight off the CR site or do you keep your fingers crossed for a low auction price.

Does the item sell for substantially less during an auction - sometimes, you will always save some sort of money. My experience is that when the site is heavily used items may sell for a bit more than during a quiet period. Additionally there is always the "lowest lifetime guarentee". This means if you buy something in an auction and see it sold for less at a future date if you TELEPHONE help in the hour of seeing the item being sold at a lower price you will get a credit for the difference. Personally I have tried this a couple of times and it has never worked for me but some CR users have received fairly substantial credits.

All that said very occasionally an auction price doesn't fall as low as the CR web price. If you pay more than the web price again get in contact with help and they will change the price of the item in your basket.

anyway I have prattled on enough so I will finish with - it is always worth a punt at auction but quite a hassle these days to request I am afraid - so good luck

Latest posts

Back