Respect...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

missbabs

Registered Shopper
Some of the presenters,mainly the men are observing respect for the Queen wearing dark colours and a tie. But most of the women are not. Of all the people June (Frank Usher) wearing a cobalt sparkle topšŸ˜² now JR green! Yesterday the guest kon prem/tanzanite hot pink...PINK! Below,she had a pink frock on! Pop a cardi on or one of M/W chiffon over thingy's. Some folk have gone right down in my estimation.

Attachments

• caroline-macleod-smith.jpg
    caroline-macleod-smith.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 79
Some of the presenters,mainly the men are observing respect for the Queen wearing dark colours and a tie. But most of the women are not. Of all the people June (Frank Usher) wearing a cobalt sparkle topšŸ˜² now JR green! Yesterday the guest kon prem/tanzanite hot pink...PINK! Below,she had a pink frock on! Pop a cardi on or one of M/W chiffon over thingy's. Some folk have gone right down in my estimation.
I heard Biagi proclaiming we should buy the television TSV for the current ā€œcoverageā€.

I think it would be silly if they were all to dress in black. It's easy for the men to wear dark colours because they are not selling clothes for men. I can understand they wouldn't want to appear in Hawaiian shirts at this time but what on earth is the point of the women dressing as if they are going to a funeral? It is their job to wear the clothes they are selling.

On Ideal World, as well as the male presenters, the female presenters have worn black, since the Queen passed and havenā€™t looked as though they are going to a funeral. They just look respectful.

The fact that they have been wearing black was far less noticeable than the bright colours worn by some on QVC. That to me spoke volumes so I guess that QVC decided, in the main, that being off air for a day was sufficient.

This is just my opinion and no doubt others donā€™t feel the same.

Well it is clearly a matter of perception. It was right to stop broadcasting on the day. However, once they're back on air I think they should carry on as normal. June is selling the brand, it is not going to look any more respectful if she wears black sequins. I also feel that some people will watch these channels out of a need to feel some normality.

I heard Biagi proclaiming we should buy the television TSV for the current ā€œcoverageā€.
I predicted on another thread that should Her Majesty pass away QVC would have a television as the next TSV using the state funeral as a selling point.

When King Charles is crowned I predict the TSV will be a television using the coronation as a selling point.

In my store we were told to dismantle the table display of books about Her Majesty that had been on for a couple of weeks and just put them on the shelves lest anyone thought we were using her passing as a disrespectful selling opportunity.

I was in Tesco's today, and in the background there was soft classical music playing. It was a joy ! and a vast improvement on the ****** awful stuff that usually assaults our ears in supermarkets.
I was in pound shop and crying as they piped out sad songs ā€¦ ā€œ I will always love you ā€œ I was very choked

I think it would be silly if they were all to dress in black. It's easy for the men to wear dark colours because they are not selling clothes for men. I can understand they wouldn't want to appear in Hawaiian shirts at this time but what on earth is the point of the women dressing as if they are going to a funeral? It is their job to wear the clothes they are selling.
Duh...the whole country is in mourning for the Queen,that gave her whole life to her people,so a small gesture like not wearing hot pink or mint green head to toe would be the least they could do. As Qvc keep saying 'they want to offer comfort & a familiar face in these challenging times'. It's not rocket sciencešŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

They could at least have a portrait of The Queen displayed in the studio. They used to do it when Tova was presenting her shows.

Most shops are doing this although I saw this and thought it a bit tacky...

8a71e486-7957-46a2-a0bf-5532496daa86-jpeg.12529

I predicted on another thread that should Her Majesty pass away QVC would have a television as the next TSV using the state funeral as a selling point.

When King Charles is crowned I predict the TSV will be a television using the coronation as a selling point.

In my store we were told to dismantle the table display of books about Her Majesty that had been on for a couple of weeks and just put them on the shelves lest anyone thought we were using her passing as a disrespectful selling opportunity.
Does anyone remember Steve Whattly,then on QVC. Diana had died and he was sacked for describing a jewellery tsv ,diamonique diamond and blue sapphire ring, as the same style as Princess Dianaā€™s engagement ring, they didnā€™t want the sad news of her death used to sell an item. Itā€™s embarrassing to hear that QVC are selling tvā€™s ā€œto watch the coverage of the Queens death and funeralā€™. Credit weā€™re credits due when they stopped trading for a day I was delighted they were putting respect before profit but that credit as disappeared now - very sad.

Latest posts

Back