Returning stuff to Warrington

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LorraineJ

Meow!!
Have made a return visit to Warrington this morning, to take back two purchases I made yesterday. The shop was very crowded yesterday, if there had been room I would have checked the solar lamp out in the shop, it was only yesterday evening when we got home and had a proper look, that we saw just how broken the light was. All the contact wires had broken, it was only fit for the bin, so back it went for a refund.

Secondly I bought as I thought a lovely set of snowflake lights in a sealed box. When I got the box home, I found a pile of rubbish in the box, there were supposed to be 12 lights instead of which there were the remnants of only four.

Thing is, I got my refund without a problem, but I cannot understand how it is that things that are blatently broken/don't work are put out for sale. I don't doubt the lights being only £4.99 COULD have had nine lights kept and the broken ones returned, equally someone could have helped themselves to make up a set from the other open boxes and carefully pulled the parcel tape back over, so it would look sealed. Equally, they may think, no one would bother over £4.99, I wouldn't have done, had I not had the light to return.

Another thing that disgusted me, is that a friend and I were looking in the jewellery section yesterday and heard the manageress say to the staff "have you sold .............", she got blank looks, the fact they were so busy, enabled someone dishonest to shoplight. That was on about three items I saw the empty boxes for, I don't doubt in the coming weeks they will probably lose more stuff.

That's the trouble with this place, you just can't tell what's in a box and when I've been before I couldn't be bothered to go through them all. Very annoying you got rubbish! I live too far away to return anything.

Whenever I've been I go to the McDonalds drive through and have a good search through the boxes and packets while I munch. That way I can go and get a refund before I've left the car park. It's much cheaper (and greener) than driving back.

It does make you wonder just who checks the returns in the warehouse though!

Have made a return visit to Warrington this morning, to take back two purchases I made yesterday. The shop was very crowded yesterday, if there had been room I would have checked the solar lamp out in the shop, it was only yesterday evening when we got home and had a proper look, that we saw just how broken the light was. All the contact wires had broken, it was only fit for the bin, so back it went for a refund.

Secondly I bought as I thought a lovely set of snowflake lights in a sealed box. When I got the box home, I found a pile of rubbish in the box, there were supposed to be 12 lights instead of which there were the remnants of only four.

Thing is, I got my refund without a problem, but I cannot understand how it is that things that are blatently broken/don't work are put out for sale. I don't doubt the lights being only £4.99 COULD have had nine lights kept and the broken ones returned, equally someone could have helped themselves to make up a set from the other open boxes and carefully pulled the parcel tape back over, so it would look sealed. Equally, they may think, no one would bother over £4.99, I wouldn't have done, had I not had the light to return.

Another thing that disgusted me, is that a friend and I were looking in the jewellery section yesterday and heard the manageress say to the staff "have you sold .............", she got blank looks, the fact they were so busy, enabled someone dishonest to shoplight. That was on about three items I saw the empty boxes for, I don't doubt in the coming weeks they will probably lose more stuff.

Lorraine, can I ask how long it takes you to get to the Warrington Outlet. I live in York and have fancied going a few times but thought it would take ages to get to.

Thanks

Bet

Hi Bet

From North Leeds, its about an hour depending on the traffic, so I would guess that from York you could bank on about 1hour 40 minutes ish depending on what side of York you live :1:

Thanks......

Hi Bet

From North Leeds, its about an hour depending on the traffic, so I would guess that from York you could bank on about 1hour 40 minutes ish depending on what side of York you live :1:

Maybe I will give it a go. Reckon I am about 40 mins from Leeds so you are spot on. It would cure my curiosity at any rate!

Thanks Lorraine

Bet

Latest posts

Back