Richard Jackson's leaving the QVC potting shed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Twilight

Registered Shopper
He's doing this so that he can concentrate on Flower Power & also develop his own range of plants. No surprise then that he'll be selling them on the Q next spring. I don't know whether I find the following statement laughable or arrogant, I just know that I won't miss him.

'I’ve enjoyed a fantastic 24 years as QVC’s garden presenter. I launched our very first garden show in February 1994 and I’m very proud that I’ve been with QVC as we’ve grown to become one of the biggest and most respected garden retailers in the UK, with a fabulous range of products, plants and big brands'.

Honestly, QVC presenters and their lack of proof, sweeping statements is laughable, were is this "legal" team Charlie keeps going on about? are they still in school? who knows? who cares? :mysmilie_3:

Wonder if they bring a cake out the day he leaves in the shape of a gnome, sitting on a toadstool, holding his little..........rod. :mysmilie_17:

Honestly, QVC presenters and their lack of proof, sweeping statements is laughable, were is this "legal" team Charlie keeps going on about? are they still in school? who knows? who cares? :mysmilie_3:

Wonder if they bring a cake out the day he leaves in the shape of a gnome, sitting on a toadstool, holding his little..........rod. :mysmilie_17:

Yuck, first I would :blush: then probably :puke: & finally :giggle:

Good luck to the Gnome ...:clapping:

He will still be bringing his products and he is launching his own range of plants too she he will still be around!!

And the thousands of hours of gardening will still be boring. Good luck to him but I won't miss him either, although if he's still going to be on as a guest seller, I should keep improving my aim.

Good luck to the Gnome ...:clapping:

Very interesting.Developing new plants and Flower Power?Is he planning to take over the world with mutated giant plants?:mysmilie_19:Maybe he will want to be on TV again very soon.I can see him taking his many skills and his compost to the 'other channel'.Perhaps they would offer him a luxurious mushroom to sit on. Imagine the gnome doing a gig with Peter S.:mysmilie_19:

Richard Jackson's like blades of couch grass - you can get rid of it for a while but it'll just keep on coming back! He'll likely surface on the cusp of each new season touting fertiliser, roses, an overpriced watering can, bird seed with a few artichoke hearts and linseeds, a water feature, a sun lounger, some begonias etc.

I'm sorry, but the self promoting little cockeyed grinner won't survive 5 minutes without any screen time. He'll be back before you know it, bigging himself up and interrupting everybody to say how "flower power would work great with that" God he's annoying

I reckon he's started to feel pushed aside by the new gardening presenters who have emerged this year, so he's jumping ship. Either that or there's been a falling out and this is the PR spin on it, because he's the type of person who'd be at QVC until he dropped.

Whatever, I wont' miss him at all, with his flailing arms, overblown photos and his pressed jeans.

I know I'm the only one but I will miss Richard and my Saturday morning toast and tea in front of the telly watching his show. I like him :mysmilie_8:

CC

No problem CC we all see different things in different presenters.
Some will be ok for ages, then they appear to change and then for some become unwatchable.
There’s lots really like Pipa but for me I’ve witnessed and heard stuff she’s said.
Just like I’ll never have long hair like when I was younger and I don’t wear much jewellery like necklaces, yet the first piece she choose to design was a Lola Rose necklace. Sorry I find her far too insincere to believe, yeah, yeah, yeah shouty.

Whatever bakes your biscuit, I suppose. What is it that you like about him so much? I am not sure if he has any redeeming features whatsoever!

I know I'm the only one but I will miss Richard and my Saturday morning toast and tea in front of the telly watching his show. I like him :mysmilie_8:

CC
You like who you want to cc. When I was at work I came in for a lot of friendly criticism because I like Michael Middleton..!

Michael Perry is taking over his position, apparently it was decided last year.

I find Michael Perry lovely in every way. I know he won't be batting on my side but hey.......

I like Michael Perry but I don't know, I've watched Richard for years, bought his products and his books and I know it's sad because I've never met him, but it feels like sitting down with an old friend when I watch his shows. He just seems like a nice guy but yes, yes, he just wants my money. I needed something to do in my life besides work so I got into gardening with RJ. I do have to put up with Mr CC bitching non stop for the whole two hours of the show with just the same sort of comments on here - OK, he doesn't like RJ but why can't he just p*ss off with the dog and leave me alone to watch it - I mean, do I go on and on about the 1500th time we have to sit through Zulu??? :mysmilie_17:

CC

Latest posts

Back