Ridiculous pricing.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lynnonthelake

Registered Shopper
How on earth do Q calculate the cost of an item I've just seen a cardigan priced £53 and 1 pence it doesn't make sense to me ,I could understand if it was 99 pence but this is crazy you never see these prices on the high street,maybe someone has an explanation as it's beyond me.

it is so it can be divided equally/by three/by four for easy pays - in the above case it is either on 3 EP or will/has been at some time. 53.01 divided by 3 = £17.67

If it was the Silvia Mori show, then I agree with you. The measurements seem to be of the 'pick a number from the air' variety as well. The bust sizes in 1 inch increments, so guess there'll be a lot of returns.

I've always thought how dodgy QVCs pricing is, they obviously add a couple of quid or pence on the price to make sure they can offer easy pays on it, just in case, quite deceitful really if the item ends up dearer than what it should be.

the model was wearing a cardigan that barely covered her arm pits so small it was. the belt stopped it from slipping off though. rubbish fashion and expensive

I think it makes sense if they sell let’s say 20 000 then this one penny is going to give additional £200, not much, but every little helps.

if its been on any kind of easy pay in the past they will not adjust the figure back to what it should be so if say an item is at £53 & then its on a 3 easy pay day then they will up it to £53.01 & 3 easy pays of £17.67 & then they remove the easy pay it will always be £53.01 from that date they wont change it back to £53

Latest posts

Back