Ring sizes

Pick-a-Lily

was that summer?
Am I right in thinking that all Rocks rings are meant to be size N? I ask because I purchased a Tsavorite & diamond ring (it's beautiful) a couple of days ago, and it must be at least size P and a half.
http://www.colouredrocks.com/i-gv491/tsavorite-garnet-diamond-ring/
It is too big, even on the middle finger of my dominant hand. I didn't notice what was stated re size in the blurb, so I don't know if it will size down, and it doesn't say on the CR website.

Mrs James

aka bella battenburg
Most are but i've seen some that state they are M or O also.....but under the new format it often doesn't give a size at all. Very frustrating.

Calvin

VIP Shopper
The CR website says that rings are a size N for women (Coloured Rocks Rings come to you in UK size N (US size 7) and gents’ rings come in a size U (US size 10), studies have shown us that these are the average ring sizes in the United Kingdom.) but I've found them to be a bit random. I take a O and on a good day can squeeze into an N but I've had rings that are definitely smaller than N and larger than O.

The £10 resizing fee adds to the cost of the jewellery and if I've had a bargain I don't really mind as it's still a good price. The resizing service is excellent and I've had my rings returned within a week.

concordia

Easily Confused
And for those of us who need to resize any ring, the new stuff doesn't say what it will resize to! Grrr...:31: And I have to admit, sometimes I look at the pictures and can't tell what kind of stone it is:33: More info, please!

Last edited:
B

Beady Belle

The rings I've had seem to be mostly and N, but one or two feel a bit smaller. I'm an L, so it's not a huge problem, and I don't think it's worth spending more than the ring cost to resize it.

:doggie:

Beading Belle

VIP Shopper
I am the lucky one that can wear size N on my middle finger but I must agree rocks sizing can vary! I have had rings that are bigger than N and some smaller even though the site said it was size N.

I bought the mabe pearl ring which is suppose to be size N but its big on me! Ordered another one for a friend and that was the perfect size N so I think it does vary a bit.

I agree we need more information on ring sizing and bracelets sizes. I think rocks are working on this so hopefully we will see all these information soon.

Sazza

Staff member
Most are size N but occasionally I have seen them state it is an M or O. However myself and my mum have bought a few rings and the first I bought said it was an N but it was an O which is fine as that fits me but a couple mum has got say they should be size N and they fall a bit short of that so the size they state isn't always what you get.

Mathilda

Aberdeen Shopper
I have found the rings that were stated to be "N" in size do vary quite a bit. I have noticed one or two items which declare another size. I don't recall if a size was stated when I bought my "fat Emerald Ring" ...it is at least a size P and a half.
The other channels which state they sell only size N seem to vary a bit too... handmade and all that, eh?!!
For myself, :52:I am more concerned about the bracelet sizes and the accuracy of the measurements given.

the-valleygirl

VIP Shopper
I have one of those ring sizers where you pop the ring on and read off the size....took a few pics of my latest haul to show the differences. Not hugely different here, but others I have had have been widely different.

Attachments

• SV401608.jpg
    SV401608.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 102
  • SV401609.jpg
    SV401609.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 94
  • SV401610.jpg
    SV401610.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 88
  • SV401611.jpg
    SV401611.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 91
  • SV401612.jpg
    SV401612.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 94

Pick-a-Lily

was that summer?
Ah, that's really interesting thanks. The ring sizer thingy looks very useful valley girl, do they sell those on ebay?
Think I will have to email CS about this ring as it doesn't say if it will size down and I need it to be a M or M and a half really.

Milly

VIP Shopper
I've given up looking for rings on rocks i take an s and even the ones that do resize its normally 3up or 3 down so no good for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KezRez480

Members online

No members online now.
AdBlock Detected

Thank you for visiting ShoppingTelly.com

We get it, advertisements are annoying, however without them this forum would cease to exist.

Members of ShoppingTelly.com can go TOTALLY AD FREE, VIP LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP is just £10!

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks