RIP David Bowie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
So sorry to wake up to this news today. His music and style legacies have made him immortal, but his close friends and family must be devastated.

Thank you for pushing boundaries David x

I am shocked!!! I walked into the living room put tv bbc news on and saw his photo. My first thought was, 'Oh! Is he going to do a tour?' Then it was OH ****!!!!!

I remember as a teen at school laying with a little radio listening to Radio Luxenbourg late at night and Star Man was always playing. Loved Ziggy Stardust album, bought singles Life On Mars was epic.

One of the first musicians I ever got "into" Sound and Vision was the first single I ever bought. LOVE his music. R.I.P. Think his new album will rocket x

I am in complete and utter shock. David provided the soundtrack to my life. One of those people you just never imagined would ever die. RIP David.

I can't express how sad I am to hear that we have lost Bowie, I've been a huge fan since I was twelve. I can honestly say that since 1972 when I first heard the Space Oddity album with my jaw dropped that I don't think one week has gone by when I haven't listened to one of his albums, and I have all 28 of them! I was listening to the new album Blackstar over the weekend, it now feels like a goodbye gift from him to us all. I've spent most of the morning in tears, it just feels as if I've lost something so important in my life. I suppose I hoped he might live forever, but of course 'Time, he's waiting in the wings, he speaks of senseless things, his trick is you and me, Boy'.'

It's so sad, he was only a few months older than me and we both went to Bromley Technical High although his was the boys' school and mine was the girls'. So very, very sad.

Latest posts

Back