Rip off Radiators are back.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My mum clicked over this afternoon and Dirty Pete was flogging the radiators. They can't be any good because he doesn't own one. He did the "ooh I wish I had one last night .. blah blah ... I had a blanket and hot water bottle round me shivering etc etc. Bearing in mind we have seen these heaters on Selly Telly (where he worked) for many years, and they are incredibly cheap and efficient to run, why doesn't he have one? (Answers on a postcard please...)

He's got a decent central heating system within which he can programme to come on as an when it's needed/he wants, he can turn on and off individual radiatiors as when needed/he wants and if it's a little extra heat he's after, then perhaps he's got a proper coal fire, or maybe he just uses a cheapo halogen heater every now and again - That's my answer!

I can't believe for a minute he's got any of the radiators he's selling .I'm sick of seeing those radiators. Wouldn't you think they'd have sold out by now?

What's his real name? Bob Crachit? Honestly, is he really telling people he can't afford heating in his palatial, 50-roomed mansion (or wooden shed in the middle of a field, whichever "story" he's telling this week)? IW must pay their presenters a crap salary if this barmpot is to be believed.

It just makes me shout at the telly "well if they were any good why haven't you got one" but I am a nasty, suspicious middle aged woman who trusts few selly telly presenters. They never seem to think that others might think that!

I have to say that whenever these rads. are on, I have a good laugh remembering when Barra Boy was going delirious because you got £5 off the price if you bought two! Only the sheer presenting skills, honesty and transparency of BB could have made them so appealing, IMO, especially as you saved a whole £5 on already overpriced items. Laugh? I thought I'd never start..

I can't believe for a minute he's got any of the radiators he's selling .I'm sick of seeing those radiators. Wouldn't you think they'd have sold out by now?

lol at the video clip they show featuring a lovely looking lounge, actress and some soft music. We see the actress sitting in the lounge, with the radiator IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BLO0DY FLOOR like we all do with radiators ... then ... wait for it ... up she gets evidently to move to another room and ............ she wheels the radiator with her like a toasty metal puppy!!!

So, let's say it's the middle of winter, your house is FREEZING, are they REALLY trying to tell us we can have comfortable heat by wheeling 1 x radiator around with us?!?!?

FECK OFF ...

lol at the video clip they show featuring a lovely looking lounge, actress and some soft music. We see the actress sitting in the lounge, with the radiator IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BLO0DY FLOOR like we all do with radiators ... then ... wait for it ... up she gets evidently to move to another room and ............ she wheels the radiator with her like a toasty metal puppy!!!

So, let's say it's the middle of winter, your house is FREEZING, are they REALLY trying to tell us we can have comfortable heat by wheeling 1 x radiator around with us?!?!?

FECK OFF ...

It's laughable, isn't it. You can buy several £20 heaters from Argos for each room and still costs less thsn half price for one of these rip-off radiators pushing it around like a zimmer frame. Ideal World is truly pathetic.

You couldn't make it up, could you? Greet your guests at the front door and say..."hang on a minute, I've just got to wheel the radiator into the lounge". Perhaps having your radiators in the middle of the room is the latest fashion in room décor?

FECK OFF ...

You couldn't make it up, could you? Greet your guests at the front door and say..."hang on a minute, I've just got to wheel the radiator into the lounge". Perhaps having your radiators in the middle of the room is the latest fashion in room décor?

Clearly they are the latest fashion. I bet they are all in the trendy home and garden magazines and we are not up with the latest trends. Or they could be lying...

If they're as good as they say, then I would imagine that only real use one of these rip off radiators would serve would be if you had outbuildings on your property, that you perhaps use as a home office, or a quiet place to sit and read, do crafting etc and it's not linked into your central heating system. Inside the home most people like would get a small and unobtrusive portable halogen, or if the radiators weren't doing the job, if practical/financially viable, may consider getting an extra radiator added to a room...Not spend that sort of money on a chunking great piece of metal and plonking it in the middle of the lounge!

I know some of the ceramic radiators, even outside of IW are similarly pricey, but there are so many affordable wheeled radiator options out there, why would you shell out for this? There's a really good 11-fin oil filled one on Amazon with good reviews - it has thermostat and timer, but comes in at £80 (factoring in postage), and there are plenty of cheaper options at a smaller size (no timer, but you can get timer switches for not much money). Yes, keeping warm in winter is important, but if you spend too much money on a heater, how do you pay the rest of your bills if you're on a fixed or small income? Even with flexi-pay, it still leaves a big dent each month until paid off, by which time we'll be into spring with their 4x flexi pays... so you'd be waiting a while to feel you're getting your money's worth.

Old Saint peters now being told we must must check out our baskets! as these are selling! Ok no worries Sainty

Also not happy at shafting old Mavis and Cyril with the rip of rads, IW are now selling a "wee extra radiator shelf for £22".........Sainty thinks you could make these rads an ornamental piece in the house by using a shelf on them............ppfffft desperado's this lot are.

Oh an update, the Saint is being told WE MUST CHECK OUT OUR BASKETS!!!!!!! These are selling folks...............yes at a rate of 1 a month.....!!

Hayley i luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv everything WOW green has just said when the heaters sell out there will be no more before xmas lets see if she is right mind you they probably have plenty at those prices

Old Saint peters now being told we must must check out our baskets! as these are selling! Ok no worries Sainty

Also not happy at shafting old Mavis and Cyril with the rip of rads, IW are now selling a "wee extra radiator shelf for £22".........Sainty thinks you could make these rads an ornamental piece in the house by using a shelf on them............ppfffft desperado's this lot are.

Oh an update, the Saint is being told WE MUST CHECK OUT OUR BASKETS!!!!!!! These are selling folks...............yes at a rate of 1 a month.....!!

Did he really suggest that one used a radiator shelf on a portable radiator? Unbelieveable! Radiator shelves btw are brilliant, I've got one over every single radiator in my house, they're really useful and they look smart too, but they are designed to clip between the radiator and the wall, not to be balanced precariously on top (dangerous)!

Did he really suggest that one used a radiator shelf on a portable radiator? Unbelieveable! Radiator shelves btw are brilliant, I've got one over every single radiator in my house, they're really useful and they look smart too, but they are designed to clip between the radiator and the wall, not to be balanced precariously on top (dangerous)!

Yes he very much did suggest using a shelf on a portable radiator, unreal isnt it............a 5 year old has more professionalism and understanding of the products than this never has been has.

Hayley i luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv everything WOW green has just said when the heaters sell out there will be no more before xmas lets see if she is right mind you they probably have plenty at those prices

No more before Christmas?

We can only live in hopes!!

They are on again for fecks sake we know how they work a small item between shows would be sufficient they seem to be finding more of them so much for no more before xmas

suprise suprise more of the heaters before xmas after saying there would be no more wonder if we will get the wind chill factor again i am quite warm today in edinburgh 13degrees lets see what they come up with.

Latest posts

Back