RIP OFF

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bygoneshopper

Registered Shopper
is it only me that feel these shopping channels are ripping us off big time or more to the point the companies they use are. you get told if you go to xyz's website this product is £150 were at £49.00 a saving of £101 (probably less if its a TSV or a POTD product) i just feel they are saying if you buy direct you'll get ripped off by a bigger margin & don't forget at the £49 price both companies (the company making the product and whichever channel are selling it) will still be making money from the cheaper price..i've just noticed it more and more that they are telling us the savings during the presentations ...may'be its just me

Lola Rose and Kipling say that all the time (not just the presenters) and I often ask if they really think that is a good selling point for their own customers.

But I imagine it is a rare occasion when it is actually true, either the 1 day in the year when it is full price (for legal reasons before a sale price) or the colours on the main website are new season whereas Q‘s are old or especially for them ie poorer quality.

Yes they always say “if you go direct to **** website it costs you........” then go on to tell you how much you’ll save, the fact is though, the majority of us would never go direct we always go around the outside and get it a lot cheaper than the TSV price. I refuse point blank to fund their presenters lifestyle with a single penny of my money.

Lola Rose etc don't care: they have already had x amount of pounds from Q by selling a massive amount of products to them. They're not going to care about what Q then sells these products for.

People will still buy direct, especially if they have more cash than sense because they wouldn't dream of shopping where the plebs go. And then you have those who will shop around, especially online because they begrudge paying Q's exorbitant P&P

I get regular sales emails from LR and the sale reductions are massive whilst at exactly the same time Q are airing the same item at full price.

Basically it’s up to the customer to get the best deal for themselves, no real excuse in this day and age.

thanks for all your replies i just feel that shopping channels and their suppliers feel like its their duty to shaft the customers

Latest posts

Back