RIP WHitney Houston

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mediastar

Registered Shopper
What a sad piece of news, I was very shocked when channel hopping and they were talking about her and saying how her death will impact on the Grammys.

OMG just the thread title caught my eye, hadn't heard the news - how sad - she had so many issues in later life but what a voice. RIP Whitney.

Not a lover of Whitney's music either I'm afraid but, nevertheless, it's very sad news. She has looked a very troubled person for some years so may she now Rest In Peace.

How terribly sad, I was always a fan of her's she had such a wonderful voice. Sadly in recent years, as with a lot of other hugely talented people she had troubles in her personal life, got involved with the wrong people and lost her way it's almost as if they have to push the self destruct button.

I was never a fan, but this is very sad news. She remained a beautiful woman despite her addictions and problems. It's tragic that with wealth at her disposal she couldn't manage to find the help she needed. Rest In Peace.

very sad news. Not a huge fan but she did have a fantastic voice, but had been on a path of self destruction for some years. I will never understand why such talented singers, and there have been so many of them, feel the need for drink and drugs when they could have such a charmed life??

I guess money really can't buy you happiness? I suppose it must be difficult to be in a business where you are only as good as your last hit and as a woman how you look too. If your sense of self is at all fragile, then it must be an incredible strain. So sad....

I always liked her songs, and the body guard film, which really was rubbish but it was easy going and Kevin Costner was a bonus, I find it so so sad and such a waste, I saw her in concert once, but all she talked about was religion, and fetched her husband and her daughter, and any other member of family she could find, up on the stage, think she onlysang about four songs, after liking her for so long major disappointment , still in her day she was one of the best female singers we have seen, pity she didn't realise it,

I remember seeing her sing on a Des Oconnor show many years ago and she was amazing and didn't mime, I've just googled it to watch it again on utube, just to see how good she really was, but next to it was another clip of her at her worst, singing the same song, what a shock.

But may she rest in peace.

Latest posts

Back