Rosemary Conley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

London

Registered Shopper
I haven't seen Rosemary Conley on screen for ages and thought she looked really well on the morning show. Her diet and fitness regime seems to work for her as she looks amazing, I think she said she was 65.

I tried her 'hip and thigh diet' once and it worked, as do most things if you stick to it.

Watching the fitness dvd routine was great. I'm not sure about you but I think it helps having really healthy and energetic looking dancers in the background doing the routine rather than your 'Joe average' joining in, I want to aspire to looking great rather than just being a normal person having a go, much more aspirational for me anyway:smirk:

I've lost 42lbs so far since October, mainly by following the Rosemary's principals and tracking my calories intake religiously with MyFitnessPal. I did hit a bit of a plateau at 2.5 stone, so I now also use the 2 day fast as well. What I like about Rosemary's approach is her honesty, she'd clear that when you first start you may feel a bit hungry at times, and also there is no such thing as a "free" food - all foods have a calorie content.

I've lost 42lbs so far since October, mainly by following the Rosemary's principals and tracking my calories intake religiously with MyFitnessPal. I did hit a bit of a plateau at 2.5 stone, so I now also use the 2 day fast as well. What I like about Rosemary's approach is her honesty, she'd clear that when you first start you may feel a bit hungry at times, and also there is no such thing as a "free" food - all foods have a calorie content.

Well done you. Keep it up!

Amazing, well done! How did you find the self-control? I think I have lost all of mine:sad:. When I was younger I could drop the pounds easily but now I just cannot stick to any diet. I've tried Diet Chef, Weight to Go, calorie counting,Weight watchers, you name it I've tried it but I cannot stick to it. Where is my will power....:thinking:

Rosemary Conley

It was so nice to see a normal looking 60something, If I wanted to diet I think RC would inspire me to get started... The dance routine seemed fun and the guy had got great rhythm...

Amazing, well done! How did you find the self-control? I think I have lost all of mine:sad:. When I was younger I could drop the pounds easily but now I just cannot stick to any diet. I've tried Diet Chef, Weight to Go, calorie counting,Weight watchers, you name it I've tried it but I cannot stick to it. Where is my will power....:thinking:

London, what I've done is set a series of short-term goals. When I started, I knew I needed to lose at least 50lbs and that seemed impossible. So my first goal was 10lbs. I was going on holiday in 5 weeks time and in my lounge, I hung up a dress I wanted to wear on holiday but which I needed to lose said 10lbs to do so. I looked at it every evening (which is the time of day that my resolve weakens) and I tried it on once a week. From that point on, I've kept to that process, targeting 10lbs and a specific piece of clothing. I'm now only half a stone off hitting 50lbs, which as I say, when I started, seemed impossible. I also let myself have off time. I took 2 weeks off at Christmas, and have just taken 10days off for Easter and my birthday.

All good philosophies here. Well done to all those who have lost weight. I like RC but at this moment I don`t feel ready for the commitment to dieting, a lot of stress going on, house sales, house moves all in the offing. I lost a stone and a half after we bought a dog. She`s young, active and a breed which needs a fair amount of daily exercise and when the weather`s bad the pleading look on her face still makes me go out and walk for around an hour and a half with her. I`ve reached a plateau now so its obvious the dog walking needs to be done alongside dieting if I want to lose more weight. Hopefully once life is settled again then I`ll feel psychologically ready for it.

All good philosophies here. Well done to all those who have lost weight. I like RC but at this moment I don`t feel ready for the commitment to dieting, a lot of stress going on, house sales, house moves all in the offing. I lost a stone and a half after we bought a dog. She`s young, active and a breed which needs a fair amount of daily exercise and when the weather`s bad the pleading look on her face still makes me go out and walk for around an hour and a half with her. I`ve reached a plateau now so its obvious the dog walking needs to be done alongside dieting if I want to lose more weight. Hopefully once life is settled again then I`ll feel psychologically ready for it.

Yes, exercise is key and they do say walking is one of the best exercises. I don't think my life will ever settle down, there always seems to be something unexpected around the corner. :thinking:

Latest posts

Back