Royal Mail and other carriers

• Thread starter Deleted member 21102
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 21102

Guest Shopper
It's all too easy for retailers to blame Royal Mail for late deliveries, but my experience is the opposite. I posted 3 large parcels on Monday Parcel Force signed for and they arrived intact on Tuesday - second class! Cost - £20. One was about 24 x 18 x 3ins, one about 30 x 5 x 4 ins (and fairly heavy) and the last one was a rolled-up yoga mat size parcel. I'm impressed and thought it worth mentioning here. How much would QVC have charged and how long would it have taken to reach their destination?

It's all too easy for retailers to blame Royal Mail for late deliveries, but my experience is the opposite. I posted 3 large parcels on Monday Parcel Force signed for and they arrived intact on Tuesday - second class! Cost - £20. One was about 24 x 18 x 3ins, one about 30 x 5 x 4 ins (and fairly heavy) and the last one was a rolled-up yoga mat size parcel. I'm impressed and thought it worth mentioning here. How much would QVC have charged and how long would it have taken to reach their destination?
Not only that but they also do not provide a tracking number so you have no idea when RM are likely to deliver.

Everything we've bought online this year has arrived on time & many have turned up earlier than expected, in fact we've had outstanding service from Royal Mail, couriers, our milkman & binmen. I've left out chocolate, biscuits & booze (for milkman Steve) every couple of weeks & phoned the relevant organisations to thank them for all they've done.

I ordered a lipstick from Pat McGrath's own website in the US, it cost £12 on sale that included free shipping. Now it took PMcG a while to ship they did send emails saying sorry for the delay, I was expecting them to cancel but no. So last Friday it was shipped via DPD and said arriving on Monday. Yes, it did arrive on Monday.

Never had a real problem with Hermes my local delivery people are brilliant. Once about 3 years ago my cat food order seemed to be sitting at the sorting office for a while I contacted Pet Supermarket they contacted Hermes and found out the box had been damaged and they did not want to send to me. Pet Supermarket sent another one straight away and Hermes delivered quickly.

I agree as I ordered a silver ring on Monday after lunch via Etsy and it arrived mid morning on Tuesday and P&P was FREE.

Royal Mail have delivered all my parcels which I sent at the end of last week. The one I sent, tracked and signed for, arrived the following day and the others, which were just tracked, arrived within two days. My cards however took a week to arrive - even those with first class stamps on. To be honest, I’m surprised anything has arrived because of the sheer weight of post that has been sent, plus the fact that many sorting offices are experiencing staff shortages due to this dratted virus. In my opinion, postmen and women have certainly done a superb job this year. 👍

RM here has been dreadful,second class taking over 2 weeks and tracked 24 hour parcels taking 3 to 7 days.
Majority of shopping has been with Amazon Prime and, with a couple of exceptions, been 24 to 48 hours.

DHL are usually pretty good as well.

I think Royal Mail, Hermes, Amazon and all the other couriers have been fantastic. Apart from a Hermes item left by the front door, I presume not my usual courier, as she puts parcels in our porch which I leave open for her. We have just had an Amazon delivery and I did wonder what time he would finish work today.

My niece is a post lady and she`s been doing double postal rounds for weeks. They`ve been short staffed so she`s been starting at the crack of dawn and not finishing until late evening. I reckon she`s more than earned her wages.
A daughter of a friend of mine started working at an Amazon warehouse a few months ago and she`s been working around the clock. She`s hoping they`ll keep her on after New Year but she was employed through an agency so maybe not because agencies charge extra on top of her wage. If the lockdown continues well into the New Year then she may be lucky because people will continue shopping online.

I ordered form Amazon and went for free delivery which was scheduled for 30/12, it arrived a couple of days ago, 2 days after placing the order.

My niece is a post lady and she`s been doing double postal rounds for weeks. They`ve been short staffed so she`s been starting at the crack of dawn and not finishing until late evening. I reckon she`s more than earned her wages.
A daughter of a friend of mine started working at an Amazon warehouse a few months ago and she`s been working around the clock. She`s hoping they`ll keep her on after New Year but she was employed through an agency so maybe not because agencies charge extra on top of her wage. If the lockdown continues well into the New Year then she may be lucky because people will continue shopping online.
My friend said the postlady told her they were working 2 weeks on 1 week off. Twice this week I have had someone else's post.

I ordered a lipstick from Pat McGrath's own website in the US, it cost £12 on sale that included free shipping. Now it took PMcG a while to ship they did send emails saying sorry for the delay, I was expecting them to cancel but no. So last Friday it was shipped via DPD and said arriving on Monday. Yes, it did arrive on Monday.

Never had a real problem with Hermes my local delivery people are brilliant. Once about 3 years ago my cat food order seemed to be sitting at the sorting office for a while I contacted Pet Supermarket they contacted Hermes and found out the box had been damaged and they did not want to send to me. Pet Supermarket sent another one straight away and Hermes delivered quickly.
Donna I have also never had a problem with my local Hermes, and Royal Mail. The only thing I had a problem with was a birthday card. My friend who lives 6 miles from me mailed my Birthday card on the Thursday, to make sure I got it for my birthday on the following Monday.
She rang on Monday and asked but I hadn’t received it. The card duly arrived on the Friday 8 days after she mailed it. This was a first for me.

I have never used Pat McGrath, interesting that being British she only sells from the States, is it as good as they say, I’d love to try something?

I have been working from home since march and have been taking in parcels from all different delivery drivers and the postie for my neighbours and people further down the road. The drivers clearly know I'm working from home, they knock on the door and ask if they can leave this parcel, I'm more than happy to take the parcel in as I have gotten to meet people I wouldn't have and it saves the neighbours the journey of having to go and collect from the sorting depot, we live in a village and would mean a 20 mile round journey to collect. Other half comes home from work looks at the hallway and calls it the village logistics hub. I bought lots of selection boxes and handed them out to the drivers over the past week, including the postie, they have all worked so hard during this challenging year and it was my little way of saying thank you to them. Our Hermes driver is a darling man, so special thank you to him.😊

I think I must be alone we have have at least 3 different regular post people, and have different delivery times during the week.
During the pandemic we have gone from having 1 Hermes delivery person to 3 too!

Our house is at the opening of a cull de sac and a lot of vans use it as a turning circle.
Since lockdown started it has become like spaghetti junction with the amount of on line deliveries people are getting.