Royal Mail deliveries

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I know a good percentage of Q deliveries is made by Hermes, but has anyone experienced delays in RM deliveries ?

I don't exactly live out in the sticks, but I haven't had post since before New Year ! any, at all. Yes I see Amazon and DPD vans flying around all the time, but I've not even had the trash mail arriving, so can only assume postmen/women are all falling Covid sick. My point being, that money can be taken from your account when despatched, but it could be up to 10 days ore more before receiving the product.

I ordered a diamonique ring in the sale on 2nd January, money gone from my account, and still haven't received it yet, and is something small enough to be sent by RM.

I've read in a few places that deliveries are taking longer with a few couriers including RM. People have paid for next day delivery and parcels not arriving for 3 days or more. There was a proper strop by one woman over some designer candles.

Last edited:
It’s the Omicron isolation issue that has caused shortages and delays unfortunately.. they explain this on the Royal Mail website 👍

Yes, Royal Mail have had a lot of delays around here but they are catching up. Postie said everyone off self isolating.

CC

I posted something on Wednesday 1st class, tracked and signed for, via Royal Mail, to arrive the following day. It arrived on Thursday as expected.

However, I’ve got two outstanding orders that are due to be delivered by RM. One of them is from Amazon and the tracking says that it’s delayed but doesn’t say why. Having said that, the Ecoegg TSV came via RM and arrived today so that was quick, but one from eBay hasn’t been delivered yet although it has been posted.

I spoke to my postman today and, although my local sorting office isn’t affected by the current covid wave, he said that the main one in my area has got some staff off sick. It seems hit and miss at the moment but I guess that’s understandable.

It’s the Omicron isolation issue that has caused shortages and delays unfortunately.. they explain this on the Royal Mail website 👍

I don't doubt that there are many people who are genuinely having to self isolate or are suffering symptoms, but now we're in the age of self certificating, I cant help thinking that its an easy excuse now for an extra week off work.

I am in Essex and I live within a couple of miles of the sorting office, and we have only been having about 2 deliveries a week since the beginning of December.

I had a letter government posted the week of the 16th December, I have not received it.

Christmas card from Canada which has never arrived.

This is Belfast. I did phone about the N.I.Direct one, and they said it was printed and posted the week of the 16th.

I don't doubt that there are many people who are genuinely having to self isolate or are suffering symptoms, but now we're in the age of self certificating, I cant help thinking that its an easy excuse now for an extra week off work.
I only know this as my son has a business and the lady who regularly picks up their post has explained to him … also Christmas back log
Of course some will take advantage.
They are doing their best i believe .. in other countries they have had to stop posting their as countries are so corrupt … parcels have rarely got lost or stolen with my sons buisness .. just delayed and that’s not bad going

That’s assuming people get paid for being off sick. Lots of employers only pay SSP which is £96 per week and only starts from day 4 of the absence. Under those circumstances people are more likely to go to work when they really shouldn’t as they can’t afford the loss of earnings.

i haven’t had a parcel issue here (SW London) but the letter post has been a bit hit and miss. I got some Christmas cards on the 5th January. I too have read that they are badly affected by staff self-isolating, and also apparently the postal service is being inundated with boxes of lateral flow tests. Still if the free ones are to be discontinued soon (as rumoured in today’s papers) that should solve that problem!

On Thursday I ordered knitwear from the Zara sale and Royal Mail messaged yesterday (Saturday) for me to collect from the village post office. The p&p was £1.95 and the item was in tissue and an outer box. Take note QVC, if others can do it so could you!

I was told a few months ago that unless it was first class or tracked post from areas was put aside until there was a lot. That made sense by the amount of rubbish that used to pop through the letterbox periodically. Our post lady delivered me a Boots parcel before Christmas and said we hadn't had post in the area for nearly a week and she would be delivering post on the Sunday.

We don’t seem to have any delays of note receiving mail where we are.
However, I returned a bag to Q via Royal Mail on the 16th December and it wasn’t until last week I had the email from Q to say it had been received.
Normally returns take less than a week .
In that time the second easy pay had also been taken. But total refund showed on my statement within 3 days of return notification .
I had been getting slightly concerned as unusually I hadn’t kept proof of postage; but kept my nerve telling myself that Christmas post and COVID was holding things up.

I received a parcel yesterday. It was sent using Parcel Farce, 48hr tracked and signed 48hr, posted the 28th december. Obviously major problems out there. Patients with Covid are on the rise at my hospital and as said, many are self isolating too.

Sray safe and keep well all of you xx

Latest posts

Back