Royal Mail deliveries

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We've been only getting one post delivery a week since well before Christmas. The PO I think were concentrating more on parcels for Christmas. It is the same now, I think they have been ravaged by Covid. I am still waiting for a couple of Christmas cards.

On Thursday I ordered knitwear from the Zara sale and Royal Mail messaged yesterday (Saturday) for me to collect from the village post office. The p&p was £1.95 and the item was in tissue and an outer box. Take note QVC, if others can do it so could you!
Our local Post Office moves into a Martins and now the Martins has closed down, so the nearest one is now a Bus journey away.

I am in Essex and I live within a couple of miles of the sorting office, and we have only been having about 2 deliveries a week since the beginning of December.
Mine has improved since Christmas, so perhaps the Chelmsford centre is getting its act together ! 😂

I received a parcel yesterday. It was sent using Parcel Farce, 48hr tracked and signed 48hr, posted the 28th december. Obviously major problems out there. Patients with Covid are on the rise at my hospital and as said, many are self isolating too.

Sray safe and keep well all of you xx
I got my Boots 48 hour tracked today, I ordered it last Thursday and it was despatched Friday.

Our paper mail has been hit and miss for weeks. We don`t get any through the letterbox for days and then they seem to deliver a big batch. Before Christmas I had no problems with RM parcel deliveries but I did have a superdrug order go missing which was supposed to be delivered by Hermes. Superdrug were great and resent the order as soon as I reported it hadn`t arrived.

That’s assuming people get paid for being off sick. Lots of employers only pay SSP which is £96 per week and only starts from day 4 of the absence. Under those circumstances people are more likely to go to work when they really shouldn’t as they can’t afford the loss of earnings.
If we have a staff member self isolating we have to mark their rota as 'Covid-sick' then they get statutory sick pay from the first day, I believe the government bought it in so the lower paid would not go to work with covid because they could not afford to take time off.

My item from Amazon, that was sent via RM and which was due last Wednesday, was delivered this lunchtime. The tracking said I could get a refund if it hadn’t been delivered by the 10th so I got it just in time. 😉

Our RM is ok but didn’t arrive until 4.30 pm and was yet more parcels for next door and the substitute postie said they are very short staffed.

I ordered an item from eBay on 7th due tomorrow arrived this lunch time so I was more than satisfied

I placed an order with Pat McGrath on 26th Dec, knew it would be awhile before it was shipped.

So Monday got the order has been shipped, this is from the US, your order will arrive on Friday 14th. Then yesterday morning another email saying DHL have your order, and it will be with you today. So three days from the US to Belfast.

Our local Post Office moves into a Martins and now the Martins has closed down, so the nearest one is now a Bus journey away.
When I said the village Post Office I was being generous, as it's actually one very small end of the counter in the Spar! Although, a few years back there was slightly bigger & separate counter at the rear of the shop, so like you, if it closes altogether there would be a three mile journey to another one. We're not that great on buses either!

Our post office has had many moves over the years each one getting smaller and smaller the latest being not much bigger than a kiosk. There isn’t a post box anywhere so if you just want to pop it in the post you have to queue for ages to hand it over at the counter so no SD !

I live in Italy and anything I order from QVC now takes MONTHS to arrive. I ordered a item which was sent on the 9th of October and arrived last week! A replacement for the same item was sent on the 11th of November and that hasn't arrived. I called customer services and they told me to refuse the replacement package which, if the previous one is anything to go by, will arrive in February.
The lady with whom I spoke said that they are experiencing difficulties and are looking into other carriers.
By the same token I ordered something from M & S on Sunday the 9th and it arrived, via courier, on the Wednesday - less than three days.

You must have nerves of steel, Almerinda, as delivery and returns are not 100% with QVC even in this country and is a big factor in unsatisfactory shopping with them. I couldn't cope with waiting to see if something arrives a) in good condition and b) in a reasonable time. And a return and confirmation of such wouldn't give me confidence.

My daughter in law is 40 soon and she likes rose quartz jewellery so I ordered her a nice pendant from Henryka which was sent by 48 hr tracked Royal Mail on Monday but has just arrived today. The tracking page on the RM website didn`t move at all until this morning when it jumped from RM awaiting the item to RM due to deliver it, nothing inbetween.

With 48 hour tracking you usually only get an update when it’s out for delivery. The vendor gets notification when it’s been delivered. With 1st class tracking you see every move in its journey.

I had something sent via 48 hour tracking and it took 4 days to arrive. Apparently the main depot had staff off with Covid.

Latest posts

Back