Ruby Mayoral Chain

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RubyRose

Registered Shopper
Did anyone see the GIGANTIC ruby necklace they showed a couple of nights ago? It was vast... at least 250 carats of ruby, each stone around 13 carats in size (if I remember right) and surrounded by diamonds... it was just insanely over the top. They had a similar one in kunzite, too. I didn't see either one actually sell.

I love rubies but this was just way, way too much. Who has got £14,999 to spend on such an item? I can't imagine any circumstance in which it would look appropriate, except around the neck of a Lord Mayor or Lady Mayoress at some grand public function...

LOL!

I saw it. It was MASSIVE - it was the size of an ice cube. You'd need a very heavy, ornate chain to complete the look. Not sure there'd be many people who could pull it off. Not my idea of style.

Hi
The necklace looked very Elizabethan! Gave up viewing after several “check this out” from VB.
Sapphireblue

Tell Elton John about t the ruby necklace, he may want to adopt it!

Personally, I hope he manages to adopt that little boy if that is what he and his partner really want. Can you imagine the toy room? Wow!

I saw that - absolutely ridiculous. They really are having a big campaign at the moment on - OTT jewellery. The yellow diamonds - 3-4 cts. Yes they are gorgeous, but how many people can (or will) actually buy them?? Last night they had one of these yellow diamond rings on, I watched it open at something like £149,000.00 ridiculous, then I switched over and watched some programme till the adverts - switched back and they were STILL on this diamond ring!!!! What gives?? They could have sold umpteen 'normal' priced items in that time, instead of wasting all that air time and selling nothing!!

Total madness IMVHO!!!!

I saw that - absolutely ridiculous. They really are having a big campaign at the moment on - OTT jewellery. The yellow diamonds - 3-4 cts. Yes they are gorgeous, but how many people can (or will) actually buy them?? Last night they had one of these yellow diamond rings on, I watched it open at something like £149,000.00 ridiculous, then I switched over and watched some programme till the adverts - switched back and they were STILL on this diamond ring!!!! What gives?? They could have sold umpteen 'normal' priced items in that time, instead of wasting all that air time and selling nothing!!

Total madness IMVHO!!!!

What I find funny is that they also charge standard p&p for these items. If I were paying in excess of £25k for a ring the very least I'd expect is free delivery! Having said that, if I had that sort of money I wouldn't be buying my jewellery off the telly.

Does anyone know if they work on commission? 10% commission on one of those big pieces would be very nice indeed... :cash::nod:

Latest posts

Back