Ruth’s take over

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Just flipped onto Ruth Langsford with Jackie & although I am far from a regular viewer she seems to have conquered the fashion world single handed? All items of clothing plus accessories, shoes, bags etc. are there any limits to her expertise?Has she knocked Marla off the top spot? I am sorry to those who are obviously fans of the Ruthie empire range , to me it is so unremarkable, instantly forgettable and overpriced.She does a convincing presentation, that is all I can say.

Someone on here once referred to Ruth‘s ’style’ (*cough*) as ‘Building Society Chic‘ - what a perfect description! Partner the clothes with cemented hair, pushed up sleeves, ‘popped’ collars etc and it’s obvious Ruthy is still harking back to her halcyon days in the 80s. I’ll pass…

The few pieces I've bought from her collections I have discarded as disasters due to size and fit issues. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if she is one of the top three selling designers, along with Marla and Kim. They all have a huge following. Is it true that she's coming out with a lingerie line?

What Ruth has the advantage of over Kim and Marla, is that she is here, and easily accessible. Marla has long disappeared, and Kim is going the same way. They can’t keep flying American/ Canadian ‘designers ‘ over, and video links don’t seem to cut it, but they can easily stretch to a regular short car journey for Ruth! Ruth also has a diverse range, where as endless over sized pieces of cloth from Marla, and boring polyester offerings from Kim are becoming a turn off.

What Ruth has the advantage of over Kim and Marla, is that she is here, and easily accessible. Marla has long disappeared, and Kim is going the same way. They can’t keep flying American/ Canadian ‘designers ‘ over, and video links don’t seem to cut it, but they can easily stretch to a regular short car journey for Ruth! Ruth also has a diverse range, where as endless over sized pieces of cloth from Marla, and boring polyester offerings from Kim are becoming a turn off.
You are right.

Just flipped onto Ruth Langsford with Jackie & although I am far from a regular viewer she seems to have conquered the fashion world single handed? All items of clothing plus accessories, shoes, bags etc. are there any limits to her expertise?Has she knocked Marla off the top spot? I am sorry to those who are obviously fans of the Ruthie empire range , to me it is so unremarkable, instantly forgettable and overpriced.She does a convincing presentation, that is all I can say.
Kim Mendelson is still the top Designer.

You don’t have to be a designer to sell loads of clothing!
Just lots of airtime and crayons of your choice 🖍️ 🪖
Plus a team of people who have the experience to translate your ‘thoughts & likes’ into products.Having spent a huge chunk of working life in the clothing sector the likes of these presenters wouldn’t know where to start.That is what they are ‘presenters who like’ not designers.

Just today I came across a pair of Ruth's jeans in a charity shop.

The waistband was marked, in orange, UK 8. I thought they looked a little larger, whipped out me tape measure and the waist was 30'' which is nearer to UK12.

The quality wasn't that great either!

The waistband was marked, in orange, UK 8. I thought they looked a little larger, whipped out me tape measure and the waist was 30'' which is nearer to UK12.

That’s really interesting. I sometimes come across q fashion in charity shops and always check the sizes just in case I should ever have a weak moment and buy something. There was a centigrade jacket the other day in a size 10. I’m a 10/12 on top and It was just ok across the chest but the sleeves were far too wide and it looked all wrong. Too long for me as well.

Jackie must have popped in on her way to Q towers. She's trying to shift as many of Roof's clobber as possible😉

I've recently returned from my few days on the QVC Fakebook page. Battered and bruised from the constant attacks. Anyway,I happened to mention Roof was bringing out her lingerie line in summer🤣🤣🤣 Less spanx more itchy lace...

I've recently returned from my few days on the QVC Fakebook page. Battered and bruised from the constant attacks. Anyway,I happened to mention Roof was bringing out her lingerie line in summer🤣🤣🤣 Less spanx more itchy lace...
Really ? Do we need more of her stuff! It's so boring can't imagine lingerie will be any different

Ruth is hardly a stylish icon is she.Slick at presentation, convincing and I can see why some of the Q faithful identify with her.If you take the clothes and put them alongside anything you could find on the high street 10 years ago they wouldn’t get a second look or even a glance.Yet here we are taking up more QVC airwaves, bog standard garments, high prices, ‘the designer’ suggesting how to wear! Unbelievable!

Latest posts

Back